The Current State of Planetside 2 - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You have Been awareded 100 BEP for visiting this site for the first time.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-15, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Re: The Current State of Planetside 2

The current state of PlanetSide 2 is Mind-blowingly Awesome.

Edit: Also, very nice post Zekeen. I think you captured how many vets felt over the last decade. It is a dream come true.

Last edited by Malorn; 2012-06-15 at 03:53 PM.
Old 2012-06-15, 03:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Zekeen
Major

Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
I _did_ skim it, and I got roughly what you just reiterated. I just think a page and a half is way too much for that when you can just say:

"Wow PS2 has come a long way and looks really great, huh guys?"

I mean you're essentially preaching to the choir here, we all know PS2 has come a long way and is great or we wouldnt be on this forum, so what are we supposed to gain that we don't already know from reading your post?

If you make a new thread it should to contribute something people don't already know. I can see your thread working a lot better somewhere like MMORPG.com where an overview of what ps2 is and why it's exciting might be useful to people.
Because maybe, since the Devs read these forums regularly, I'd like to give them a heartfelt thanks to how they've affected my views on their design and how happy I am with the work they put in and every point they changed for our sake. Because "thanks" just isn't enough, like you'd probably suggest next for your crusade against words. "Wow this game looks great" doesn't say that I've been watching how the devs have been working, that I appreciate every detail they put into the game and am personally expressing my gratitude.

Should we call up the President and let him know he should just use 20 words or less for the next State of the Union address? "Gee guys, the nation isn't doing so well, but I plan to make it better... vote for me".
Old 2012-06-15, 03:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Sifer2
Major

It's true the game has turned out better than I expected. I have seen so many franchises I liked get streamlined or turned into something completely different to appeal to the masses lately. That I honestly expected them to make the sequel almost unrecognizable. Such as dropping it to two factions an setting it in modern warfare times. That was even an option on their consumer survey for Planetside Next a few years back. So I guess whatever state the game ends in we can thank goodness at least it is as close to the original as it is.

Doesn't mean I don't think we shouldn't keep fighting to see it made better. They already made some changes for the better along the way based on feedback.
Old 2012-06-15, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
PhoenixDog
First Sergeant

All but a tear came to my eye reading this. So many memories from PS1 with my outfit and even my short time before it...The game is truly different. I know I'm not alone in saying...

Hey Higby...Release the beta already!!!

~Xen of Onslaught Member Since: September 2003
~XoO Planetside 2 Air Division Commander
~Recruiting Now! Check our our PSU Recruitment Thread Here
Old 2012-06-15, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
Zekeen
Major

Originally Posted by PhoenixDog View Post
All but a tear came to my eye reading this. So many memories from PS1 with my outfit and even my short time before it...The game is truly different. I know I'm not alone in saying...

Hey Higby...Release the beta already!!!
It's good when people share the same view on this as me. It really does give you the feeling like you're going back in time when you had the most fun. We could probably wait longer for Beta while they get it ready... except after E3 it's like we all got a whiff of some sort of barbecued eack of baby back ribs. Now, we're just plain hungry.
Old 2012-06-15, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
Madfish
Corporal

Great post Zekeen. We all have found memories of brilliant moments in PS1.

PS2 has been something we've all looked forward too for a very long time! Not long now! SOOOON!

It's time to kick ass and drink tea, and I'm all outta tea.
Old 2012-06-15, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
ODonnell
Corporal

I give you a thumbs up for the passion you have for the game and the obvious thought you put into your post. Thank you.
Old 2012-06-15, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Ghoest9
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Zekeen View Post
After seeign what the devs said and watching videos, all my fears were dashed against pointy rocks and I quickly embraced the idea that I opposed so heavily.
You totally hack up and misapply a cliche metaphor and then you write and endless boring wall of text - and you think the problem is that readers are illiterate?

noob
Old 2012-06-15, 07:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
JimmyOmaha
Sergeant

Read it in the style of a president's state of the union speech. Need to add pauses for the audience to stand and clap. :]
Old 2012-06-15, 08:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #25
jepaul
First Sergeant

What....
Old 2012-06-15, 09:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #26
FINALCUT
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Synapse View Post
I _did_ skim it, and I got roughly what you just reiterated. I just think a page and a half is way too much for that when you can just say:

"Wow PS2 has come a long way and looks really great, huh guys?"

I mean you're essentially preaching to the choir here, we all know PS2 has come a long way and is great or we wouldnt be on this forum, so what are we supposed to gain that we don't already know from reading your post?

If you make a new thread it should to contribute something people don't already know. I can see your thread working a lot better somewhere like MMORPG.com where an overview of what ps2 is and why it's exciting might be useful to people.
Damn Synapse. The guy put a lot of thought and effort into this post. Why be critical ? Just read it,or don't read it, The man is excited about this game and wants to share his excitment with others, why judge him for that ? Good post OP. I enjoyed the read. Had to read something as the news this past coupe days has been very little and I didn't get a Beta e-mail today.
Old 2012-06-15, 09:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #27
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

A lot of stupid fools in this thread. If it's too long for you, don't read it. You waste more time clicking Reply and typing something to make yourself like an idiot than you would have spent actually reading the thing.

Well written, Zekeen. It captures a similar sentiment that I feel. Years passed after I gave up on PS1 where I thought we'd never see something so awesome return, and here it is on our doorstep.

It just makes me wonder if I'll see a Freespace 3, Homeworld: Next or a Nexus: Another Incident.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2012-06-15, 09:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #28
Xeller
Corporal

It's a good read for those new to the Planetside universe as well.

It's a rich place
Old 2012-06-15, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #29
Zulthus
Colonel

Great post Zekeen! Also, ignore the trolls, indeed the PSU community is becoming worse and worse... hopefully the PS2 forums open up soon so that we can flush out the uglies.
Old 2012-06-15, 10:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #30
Zekeen
Major

Thanks much to you fellows, makes it feel worth writing (as much as it pains me to say, it took an hour to come up with all that).

I figured only people who had no care for the original could say anything negative, or call it a "long boring useless post", seeing as to use veterans, it's a post from waiting 9 years. Not too long when you think of it that way.

And good to see that the history and points can help out the new guys understand the Planetside situation with the Devs and such.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion