News: E3 BEST OF SHOW from PC GAMER?? - Page 5 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: This message will take over your mind in 20 seconds.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-16, 09:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #61
WNxThentar
Sergeant

Re: E3 BEST OF SHOW from PC GAMER??

Well deserved. I can't wait to get into the BETA and help tune the game into the best FPS experience the world has seen
Old 2012-06-16, 11:41 AM   [Ignore Me] #62
Bickdouglas
Private

Congrats!
Old 2012-06-16, 11:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #63
FireStormNova
Corporal

Originally Posted by RedKnights View Post
Are you kidding? When I went to the article the empty sections on the side of the site were filled with this giant PLANETSIDE 2 Banner Ad XD
No No I am talking about more commercial advertising! For example when i am watching TV , or checking game sites and video's sites like youtube. I am always seeing something advertised about BattleField 3 on TV, Games sites , and video's sites like Youtube!

I am just saying they need to get more game exposure and coverage out to gamers with different advertising mediums. So on launch day you dont have alot of gamers say : Planetside never heard of it?

You can use the PSU social for example : go to the sites and check out how many people visited or tracking PS2 from thoes sites and its a good number of people but it could be more with some CREATIVE ADVERTISING.
Old 2012-06-16, 11:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #64
Gonefshn
Contributor
Major

They must be on cloud 9!

So am I!

This is so awesome!
Old 2012-06-16, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #65
kaffis
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by Figment View Post
That's a lot of awards. The next question is, can they fit all the awards on the website? :x
It's certainly a good thing they're a free to play game. If they had to put boxes on shelves, they'd run out of room to list all the pre-release accolades.
Old 2012-06-16, 12:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #66
Trafalgar
First Sergeant

Definitely well-deserved, congratulations to the PlanetSide 2 team!
Old 2012-06-16, 01:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #67
Shogun
Contributor
General

more awards incoming!

every major magazine that does awards and takes notice of ps2 will give the first prize to ps2!

remember, the actual awards were given out merely on alpha footage!

that´s why the community is so passionate about what they want in the game! there will be no other game that can do it better if ps2 lacks something

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-16, 02:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #68
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

Everyone is really excited. I haven't been able to confirm it but I can't remember the last time a game at E3 walked away with this many nominations and wins.
Old 2012-06-16, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #69
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

I'm shocked that the same magazine which struck a deal with SOE to include beta keys in an issue of a magazine that most rational and sane people with an ounce of sense, taste and/or class would never subscribe to or otherwise purchase has voted a game from said company as best in show.

With that being said I do find it to be impressive that such a game is getting so many rewards from various other review sources and that can only bode well for the game's future and publicity. It'll be nice to actually have PlanetSide 2 be a mainstream and well known MMO as opposed to how PlanetSide 1 was a good but rather obscure MMO.

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
Everyone is really excited. I haven't been able to confirm it but I can't remember the last time a game at E3 walked away with this many nominations and wins.
There hasn't been. PlanetSide 2 is the PC's last hope for online FPS gaming which is free of consoletardation and everybody realizes that. No pressure or anything.

Last edited by BuzzCutPsycho; 2012-06-16 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Edited for spelling.
Old 2012-06-16, 02:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #70
Shogun
Contributor
General

the pc gamer award MAY smell a little like biatch, considered that the magazine had a deal for beta keys and coverstorys, but the other awards show that the pc gamer award is legit. i don´t think that games who sign such deals with a magazine should be excluded from any awards. and planetside 2 deserves the award for sure!

congratulations on all awards, dear devs!
and congratulations on possibly breaking all records! we know this will go on for some time! just keep up the good work!

stand tall, fight bold, wear blue and gold!
Old 2012-06-16, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #71
BuzzCutPsycho
Sergeant Major

No they shouldn't be excluded from any rewards. Like I said I think it's impressive with the amount of rewards they walked away with and that publicity can only help them as we come closer to release. PlanetSide 2 will be a game that not only needs good game-play to succeed but also a lot of players. There is no such thing as "too many" when speaking about PlanetSide 2.
Old 2012-06-16, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #72
Winfernal
Staff Sergeant

I'm so happy for you guys! You are AMAZING! And PS2 will take the gaming community with storm! Lets all do ours to make this the most genre-defining game the world has ever seen!
Old 2012-06-16, 04:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #73
Papagiorgio
Corporal

Great news! Congrats to the dev team, and I am hopeful this will bring more FNG's to try the game.

Papagiorgio, CR5 NC Markov
Old 2012-06-16, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #74
Khoklachev
Private

Originally Posted by MonsterBone View Post
What in the hell?

I know PS2 won best of show from Game informer. I also know PS2 won a huge amount of other awards from the show.

But I see now PS2 just won "BEST OF SHOW" from PC Gamer.

Best of show from PC Gamer is THE BIGGEST AWARD available in my eyes.

Here is the link:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/16/pc...9/#gallery-top
Congrat's Planetside 2 team!
Old 2012-06-16, 06:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #75
Papscal
Staff Sergeant

This is wonderful news.HOWEVER, since E3 information has amounted to exactly dick. How about something SOE, devs, Higby or who ever the hell you are. Something, anything. Ya cant get us all fucking hopped up with E3 then drop us like we dont support your ass. Pretend you care.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion