Dont think the HA should be able to fly. - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Its gameover man, its gameover!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-16, 11:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
Sirisian
Colonel

Re: Dont think the HA should be able to fly.

Originally Posted by Madlaps View Post
Who says the resource system isn't going to get flooded and you'll be able to spam the shit out of stuff?
Beta.
Old 2012-06-16, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
PhoenixDog
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Purple View Post
Clerg just confirmed that all classes (not the MAX) can fly aircraft. this open up the ability for engineers to repair their own aircraft and get back in the air quickly like in PS1. however the issue i see is that it allows HA to be able to bail from aircraft and attack with their AV. it also allows HA to get ontop of towers without needing teamwork. i think they should remove HA from the pool of classes that can fly aircraft. Wondering what the PSU community thinks.
That's fine. More wasted resources for the enemy so that when push comes to shove they can't get the vehicles they need.

~Xen of Onslaught Member Since: September 2003
~XoO Planetside 2 Air Division Commander
~Recruiting Now! Check our our PSU Recruitment Thread Here
Old 2012-06-16, 11:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
PhoenixDog
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Madlaps View Post
Who says the resource system isn't going to get flooded and you'll be able to spam the shit out of stuff?
SoE has said countless times that is why they put the system in to begin with. You'll be unable to just spam vehicles for everyone to use...I'm sure it will be laxxed enough for people to get a few vehicles in a row if shit happens...But strict enough to not abuse it..

~Xen of Onslaught Member Since: September 2003
~XoO Planetside 2 Air Division Commander
~Recruiting Now! Check our our PSU Recruitment Thread Here
Old 2012-06-16, 11:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
SKYeXile
Major General

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
Beta.
resources are also used to purchase upgrades and stuff somebody that pays a sub or does not use resources to buy weapons upgrades because they're paying SC for them will probably have a multitude of resources. This is how F2P rolls.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-16, 11:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

I'm sure there are already 20 pages of arguments for and against this but, whatever.

I have to agree, it's not a good idea to have HA in aircraft. Trouble is, limit the classes that can fly and you limit potential play styles. The fact that you have to cert the ability to bail from your vehicle should keep bailures to a minimum. And the increase in scale from PS1 means bailures will have more enemies to contend with whenever they drop on any target. Also resources will help prevent wasted vehicles.

Since bailbo's are my only real concern about HA in pilot seats, I'd say I have little room to argue against it. Besides, I think most people will find that it's just easier and better to keep their butts in their seats no matter how dicey it gets in the air and dropping on the base for last minute heroics just won't be worth it.
Old 2012-06-16, 11:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Vetto
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
resources are also used to purchase upgrades and stuff somebody that pays a sub or does not use resources to buy weapons upgrades because they're paying SC for them will probably have a multitude of resources. This is how F2P rolls.
Ok I could be miss reading so fully admit this but you said "pays for a sub?" Like a account that get extra benefits for paying? Or Buying booster, or did I just misread.

Last edited by Vetto; 2012-06-16 at 11:53 PM.
Old 2012-06-16, 11:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
SgtExo
Staff Sergeant

I think that by paying for a sub they said you would collect resources faster.
Old 2012-06-16, 11:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #53
BigBossMonkey
Master Sergeant

Someone wants to spend a hundred resources to get ontop of a tower, for the chance to maybe get a few kills?

Sounds fine to me.

They won't be a one man army like now; they won't be able to repair themselves, they won't be able to heal themselves, they won't be advanced hackers.

They'll just be a single guy, in a tower, with a gun.

And considering how much more open the designs are this time around, it will likely just get them killed.

If you intend to go kill whoring, I think LA will be the way to do it.
Old 2012-06-16, 11:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #54
Vetto
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by SgtExo View Post
Was not aware they were doing that.
Old 2012-06-16, 11:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #55
Blackwolf
First Lieutenant

Also offline. I believe I heard something somewhere sometime that payers would collect resources while offline. Might just be station cash though, as I believe resource boosts are something available in the cash shop.
Old 2012-06-17, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Sirisian
Colonel

Originally Posted by SKYeXile View Post
Wrong kind of resources. There's multiple resources and the personal resources is separate from the ones used to purchase new weapons it looks like.
Old 2012-06-17, 12:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
Vetto
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
Also offline. I believe I heard something somewhere sometime that payers would collect resources while offline. Might just be station cash though, as I believe resource boosts are something available in the cash shop.
See, I was under the idea that how it was for everyone, that it thrive off of Micro trans only, Booster and Cosmetics etc, No kind of monthly pay.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-17, 12:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

I don't think you have to worry about HA flying. All the pilots will be Light Assault so they can use the jetpack as a safe bailing mechanism. That way they don't need to take that upgrade on their aircraft and can get flares or some other utility upgrade.
Old 2012-06-17, 12:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
SKYeXile
Major General

yes, and cert points too.

Originally Posted by Blackwolf View Post
yea im not sure whether there is still a sun, but resource and XP boots are certainly avalible.

Originally Posted by Sirisian View Post
Wrong kind of resources. There's multiple resources and the personal resources is separate from the ones used to purchase new weapons it looks like.
Thats true, but either way, they have to make it so F2P users can still acquire vehicles a reasonable amount of time, users paying would then have a higher resource gain so they should be able to pull them more often.

SKYeXile TRF - GM
FUTURE CREW - HIGH COUNCIL
Old 2012-06-17, 12:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Otleaz
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Malorn View Post
I don't think you have to worry about HA flying. All the pilots will be Light Assault so they can use the jetpack as a safe bailing mechanism. That way they don't need to take that upgrade on their aircraft and can get flares or some other utility upgrade.
Oh yeah? Well as a HA you don't need to worry about that useless "weapon" mechanism since you can just jump out and shoot your rockets. That leaves even MORE room for new stuff since you are replacing TWO slots.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion