Thread rating: What is going on? - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: side-affects similar to sugar pill.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-06-21, 08:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #16
Ikoniak
Private

Re: Thread rating: What is going on?

Originally Posted by BuzzCutPsycho View Post
What a shame. I felt that the rating system was an excellent representation of the quality of the outfits when compared to one another.
I agree. New members can see (now could have seen) the visual representation of how organized an outfit is before wasting their time applying. Such a shame. Now it is merely Outfit Roulette.
Old 2012-06-22, 05:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #17
Arovien
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by BuzzCutPsycho View Post
What a shame. I felt that the rating system was an excellent representation of the quality of the outfits when compared to one another.
yaa... not even close. "Bias" got nerfed, gg.

Originally Posted by Ikoniak View Post
I agree. New members can see (now could have seen) the visual representation of how organized an outfit is before wasting their time applying. Such a shame. Now it is merely Outfit Roulette.
High rating=/=organized. Also ask yourself how the rating system was/could of been abused? HINT: very easily (obviously we saw what happened a few days ago)

Now the active threads are higher on the thread listings, that's how a forum works.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-06-22, 05:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #18
Malorn
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Game Designer

Don't be mad, bro. We're all in competition for eyeballs, be it thread stars or incessant thread bumping.

The escalation was astonishingly fast. One outfit rated their thread, others saw it, and started rating. By that night half the TR recruitment threads had votes, and then when simply having stars wasn't enough to distinguish, it escalated again to voting campaigns. I looked at the NC and VS forums - nothing. They started catching on yesterday. You should be proud that the TR were the ones pushing the envelope.
Old 2012-06-22, 06:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Ikoniak
Private

Originally Posted by Arovien View Post
High rating=/=organized. Also ask yourself how the rating system was/could of been abused? HINT: very easily (obviously we saw what happened a few days ago)

Now the active threads are higher on the thread listings, that's how a forum works.
Is the rating system any more "abusive" than having a few members post "Bump" to keep a thread on top? The only difference I see is that one or two members couldn't abuse the rating system (since it only counts a vote once) whereas they could incessantly post the phrase bump.

As for the organization, we managed to mobilize a large enough group in a span of less than 12 hours to knock every other TR clan to 1 star rating and there was nothing any of you could do about it. As a collective the rest of the TR could not stop The Enclave from having our way with the rating system or anything else we do. Were you able to get your members to log in and help stop of flood of votes? No. Simply put we have more active members and our leadership staff is more organized and experienced than any other clan out there bar none.
Old 2012-06-23, 03:59 AM   [Ignore Me] #20
lifelonghalo
Private

As for the organization, we managed to mobilize a large enough group in a span of less than 12 hours to knock every other TR clan to 1 star rating and there was nothing any of you could do about it. As a collective the rest of the TR could not stop The Enclave from having our way with the rating system or anything else we do. Were you able to get your members to log in and help stop of flood of votes? No. Simply put we have more active members and our leadership staff is more organized and experienced than any other clan out there bar none.
Maybe everyone else was asleep or working? Or cooking dinner for their family or taking care of their children/loved ones or havin sum maritals
Old 2012-06-23, 10:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #21
Ikoniak
Private

Originally Posted by lifelonghalo View Post
Maybe everyone else was asleep or working? Or cooking dinner for their family or taking care of their children/loved ones or havin sum maritals
Will you use the same excuse when the NC and VS coming through taking the TR territories? Don't worry though, The Enclave will continue to carry the torch and keep the insurgents and barneys at bay.
Old 2012-06-23, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #22
thegreekboy
Master Sergeant

Will you use the same excuse when the NC and VS coming through taking the TR territories? Don't worry though, The Enclave will continue to carry the torch and keep the insurgents and barneys at bay.
Actually yes. I know I'm crazy for thinking this but a man cooking dinner for his kids and helping them with their homework is slightly more impressive than one playing planetside all day.
Old 2012-06-23, 07:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
USD
Private

Saddam hid behind kids too.
Old 2012-06-24, 08:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
toljar
Corporal

Not worth the flame war

IRONFIST is recruiting for TR in Planetside 2!

Joint Leader of CTC alliance.

Last edited by toljar; 2012-06-24 at 08:59 PM.

PlanetSide Universe > Community > Outfit Recruitment