Technical Test "in a few days" - Page 9 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Even Ripley wouldn't believe it.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-04, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #121
onewingedangel
Private

Re: Technical Test "in a few days"

Maybe that tweet about fireworks in Auraxis meant that they're starting the technical test tomorrow. It wouldn't make sense in any other way besides the beta process starting tomorrow and I don't see that happening until next week or longer seeing as the "couple weeks" was more than 2 and bugs inevitably happen.
Old 2012-07-05, 11:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #122
ArcGuard
Corporal

Originally Posted by Goldeh View Post
well a couple is 2.

saying Oh look they make a cute couple. it's 2.

So 2 weeks.
I refer you to

Originally Posted by Mr DeCastellac View Post

Hey man, according to xkcd, he's right about the 'couple weeks'. A few days should be anywhere from 2 to 5.
Old 2012-07-05, 11:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #123
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by onewingedangel View Post
Maybe that tweet about fireworks in Auraxis meant that they're starting the technical test tomorrow. It wouldn't make sense in any other way besides the beta process starting tomorrow and I don't see that happening until next week or longer seeing as the "couple weeks" was more than 2 and bugs inevitably happen.
Nope, if you read his following tweet, he was referring to optimizing explosions.
Old 2012-07-05, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #124
GLaDOS
Staff Sergeant

JRock replied to someone's post on Facebook (I think yesterday, maybe the day before) that they were currently in the technical testing phase. I have no idea how long this will last though.

Here's the link, although you'll probably have to be signed in to Facebook to get to it properly: http://www.facebook.com/PlanetSide2/...27949400583010

EDIT: Yeah, it was yesterday.
Old 2012-07-05, 02:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #125
Sephirex
Major

Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post
JRock replied to someone's post on Facebook (I think yesterday, maybe the day before) that they were currently in the technical testing phase. I have no idea how long this will last though.

Here's the link, although you'll probably have to be signed in to Facebook to get to it properly: http://www.facebook.com/PlanetSide2/...27949400583010

Nice find!
Old 2012-07-05, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #126
ArcGuard
Corporal

Originally Posted by GLaDOS View Post

Good job, you monster.

That's good to hear though. My predictions after the "few days" was friday technical test, next friday closed beta.... so, I'm right on track.
Old 2012-07-05, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #127
Sledgecrushr
Colonel

Originally Posted by ArcGuard View Post
Good job, you monster.

That's good to hear though. My predictions after the "few days" was friday technical test, next friday closed beta.... so, I'm right on track.
Yeah I think so too.
Click here to go to the next VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-05, 03:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #128
CyclesMcHurtz
PlanetSide 2
Coder

Originally Posted by Sephirex View Post
Nope, if you read his following tweet, he was referring to optimizing explosions.
Indeed. We have an awesome test zone that is nothing but explosions every 5 meters or so for an entire square kilometer. We call it many things (awesome map is one). It looks quite a bit like the San Diego Bay fireworks display of awesome we had last night (check the news for footage of that one).
Old 2012-07-05, 03:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #129
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Krawanan View Post
no i was not xD

i may be a private on these forums, but i know my shit :P

Smedley has clearlyy stated that external people will be let in in the tech pre-beta test
I'm afraid you don't know your shit. The technical test is NOT an external test. If you look back over Smed's tweet he said "or beta" - he was merely encouraging guys to register their machine info for beta.

Once more, none of us will be invited to the tech test. But I promise beta is close at hand.

Last edited by Dart; 2012-07-05 at 03:41 PM.
Old 2012-07-05, 03:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #130
Astrok
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by Dart View Post
I'm afraid you don't know your shit. The technical test is NOT an external test. If you look back over Smed's tweet he said "or beta" - he was merely encouraging guys to register their machine info for beta.

Once more, none of us will be invited to the tech test. But I promise beta is close at hand.
left or right hand?
Old 2012-07-05, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #131
Sephirex
Major

I'm afraid you don't know your shit. I can confirm (having had official word this afternoon) that the technical test is NOT an external test. If you look back over Smed's tweet he said "or beta" - he was merely encouraging guys to register their machine info for beta.

"Write me a note if you want to come to my birthday or if you're coming to my 4th of July Party."
Clearly from the "Or" in my prior statement, no one is getting invited to my Birthday.
Your logic is truly infallible.

Last edited by Sephirex; 2012-07-05 at 03:45 PM.
Old 2012-07-05, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #132
Zekeen
Major

Originally Posted by CyclesMcHurtz View Post
Indeed. We have an awesome test zone that is nothing but explosions every 5 meters or so for an entire square kilometer. We call it many things (awesome map is one). It looks quite a bit like the San Diego Bay fireworks display of awesome we had last night (check the news for footage of that one).
You guys better get a video of that made..... it sounds too awesome not to immortalize.
Old 2012-07-05, 03:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #133
Krawanan
Corporal

False, they also stated that external players would be invited in other posts.
since it's late and i am tired i am not going to link you now, ill do that tommorow
Old 2012-07-05, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #134
Dart
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Astrok View Post
left or right hand?
Right... As in RIGHT around the corner.

I don't want to disappoint anyone (we're all as eager to get in as everyone else). I just don't want anyone to think their missing out while people are in the tech test. They aren't. We're all waiting patiently together.
Old 2012-07-05, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #135
bjorntju1
Captain

If you want to play in our tech test or the beta my advice would be to make sure you do our hardware survey.
Uhu...
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion