ProSiebenSat.1 - Page 11 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Becoming a part of your life, one lost job at a time
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-07-16, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #151
Nephilimuk
Master Sergeant

Re: ProSiebenSat.1

Still trying to work out why you think English speaking Europeans will get better service?

Your working day finishes at 17:00 = 1:00am BST 2:00am CET. Our primetime is your working day!!! Increasing foot fall with none English speakers seems to be the primary motivation here or sharing of risk / reward.

That being said have you formed a strategic partnership / "outsourced" American support? Does this incorporate, French (US & Canada) Spanish or Portuguese (South America!) translations for the client?

Is the Chinese partnership for all of Asia or just China? If so does AsiaPac need to use North American servers?

Also PRO7 do not seem to have any penetration in the UK's media network other than some production companies. The same is also true with Spanish and Portuguese networks.

Just for the record I am not anti Pro7 I have no reason to be. A lot of the answers (no offense Radar and this is not aimed you I appreciate your just providing what information you can) simply do not stack up for the whole of Europe unless you are in a Nordic or Germanic country.

I could go on but I guess like everyone else I will have to wait and see. As a long time subscriber of SOE products I can’t say I am over the moon about how my loyal custom has been rewarded.
Old 2012-07-16, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #152
SergeantNubins
Corporal

As I understand it you have to create a new prosieben account and that links in with your SOE account. There is an interesting question of legality here though as in the UK and i'm assuming the rest of the EU, in order to do this kind of thing you need "implicit consent". That is, a recorded set of questions that the customer has answered that allows you to do it. It has to be an "opt in" not an "opt out" as well.

The important word here is "implicit". You can't bury it in T&C's it has to be its own question and it has to be very simply termed. This is also a new law that only came into being within the last year, in the UK at least. The company I work for is having to now ask all its customers this information, even those who have been customers for 50+ years.

I suspect if SOE are hoping to transfer personal info across they really need to make sure they are compliant with both EU and local countries laws on data privacy. Since I dont remember them asking me if i was specifically happy for them to share my info with 3rd party's im not sure how they can do this.

Personally i am willing to give them a chance, I just dont like that SOE have basically said you can carry on paying money to us, by proxy, but we dont want to hear from you or deal with you directly. But we do still love ya!

Last edited by SergeantNubins; 2012-07-16 at 11:50 AM.
Old 2012-07-16, 11:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #153
Gandhi
First Lieutenant

Maybe RadarX will clarify this but I don't think SOE is going to send your account details to Pro7 without your consent. They're not going to just send your personal info to Pro7 and throw it into a new account for you, they're going to make you do that. Doing it this way avoids all the potential legal issues of sending personal information (eg. credit card details) to third parties.
Old 2012-07-16, 12:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #154
Nasher
Sergeant

Anyone looked in to the legality of this properly?

I'm pretty sure (in the EU at least). One company cannot just hand over your details to another. The fact they are basically forcing EU players to do it by giving them no other options is not a loophole either.

If there is no way around the "migration", I'm just going to make an account using fake details and never hand over my credit card details tbh.

Last edited by Nasher; 2012-07-16 at 12:15 PM.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-07-16, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #155
RadarX
PlanetSide 2
Community Manager

I'm sensing a lot of minds really won't be changed regardless of our responses. I'm going to allow our official communications speak for themselves going forward and ask you at least try the service.

Your SOE account information will only be linked to ProSieben if you choose it to be. If you are outside North America you are absolutely not under any obligation to sign up for ProSieben but you will not be able to play the game.

I'm hopeful you all will join us.
Old 2012-07-16, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #156
Rasui
Sergeant

Originally Posted by RadarX View Post
I'm sensing a lot of minds really won't be changed regardless of our responses. I'm going to allow our official communications speak for themselves going forward and ask you at least try the service.

Your SOE account information will only be linked to ProSieben if you choose it to be. If you are outside North America you are absolutely not under any obligation to sign up for ProSieben but you will not be able to play the game.

Pretty much, thanks for your posts. We will just have to see how it turns out.
Old 2012-07-16, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #157
unAimed
Private

Well - your responses should be a little more detailed then.

How do you want to make sure that the european anti cheating measures will be on the same level as in NA - especially when it comes to quality and quantity of staff (i know both will probably use the same tools)?
Old 2012-07-16, 12:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #158
etheral
Corporal

Im certainly going to play the game. Im just not willing to hand over my current SOE account to pro7. I've had that account for 9 years, and as such i'm rather protective of it.

Also, I seem to remember that SOE's deal with pro7 is for 2 years. What would happen to our accounts if the deal/contract isnt renewed?
Old 2012-07-16, 12:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #159
ArcGuard
Corporal

Originally Posted by unAimed View Post
Well - your responses should be a little more detailed then.

How do you want to make sure that the european anti cheating measures will be on the same level as in NA - especially when it comes to quality and quantity of staff (i know both will probably use the same tools)?
You guys seriously need to just calm down about this. The game isn't even in Beta yet and you're already going crazy about something that hasn't happened.

Are you just preemptively yelling so that when the time comes and you're right you can say "I told you so"? I'm betting if you're wrong down the line, none of you will apologize for going at their throats...
Old 2012-07-16, 12:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #160
unAimed
Private

Originally Posted by ArcGuard View Post
You guys seriously need to just calm down about this. The game isn't even in Beta yet and you're already going crazy about something that hasn't happened.

Are you just preemptively yelling so that when the time comes and you're right you can say "I told you so"? I'm betting if you're wrong down the line, none of you will apologize for going at their throats...
First of all - I'm not "yelling" and I am not "going crazy" - I am stating my concerns.
And I do this preemptively so I don't have to deal with late patches, subpar support and rampant cheating for months after the game has launched.

These concerns need to be addressed between both companies now and not after the game has launched.
If they already are - great, but then there would be no harm in letting us know - quite the opposite.
If not then me voicing my concerns is serving the purpose of bringing these topics to attention.
Old 2012-07-16, 12:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #161
etheral
Corporal

As I said in my previous post, I've had my SOE account for 9 years. Now I'm being told that I have to hand it over to some company I had never heard of until a few months ago if I want to play with that account (so I get veteran status etc).

Do you see how I might be a little upset about this?
Old 2012-07-16, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #162
ArcGuard
Corporal

Originally Posted by unAimed View Post
First of all - I'm not "yelling" and I am not "going crazy" - I am stating my concerns.
And I do this preemptively so I don't have to deal with late patches, subpar support and rampant cheating for months after the game has launched.

These concerns need to be addressed between both companies now and not after the game has launched.
If they already are - great, but then there would be no harm in letting us know - quite the opposite.
If not then me voicing my concerns is serving the purpose of bringing these topics to attention.
Sony is a rather large company. And while I'm sure they don't mind seeing your concerns, I'm very certain they've already thought up those concerns on their own. To which I reiterate, give it time. Once they release some details on the actual migration, then you can voice concerns based in fact and not hearsay or misinformation.
Old 2012-07-16, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #163
Joe
Corporal

Misc Info

If we don't say anything we could end up with a 'APB situation', were there is mass cheating and nothing being done about it.

you are absolutely not under any obligation to sign up for ProSieben but you will not be able to play the game.
= You don't need to make and account..... unless you want to play the game we are all dying to play and the reason we are all here.
Old 2012-07-16, 12:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #164
unAimed
Private

Sony is a rather large company. And while I'm sure they don't mind seeing your concerns, I'm very certain they've already thought up those concerns on their own. To which I reiterate, give it time. Once they release some details on the actual migration, then you can voice concerns based in fact and not hearsay or misinformation.
"hearsay or misinformation"?

-alaplaya... pro7 is directly involved
-Warhammer Online
-TERA (ty so much for censoring the game...)
-various other MMOs who were subpar in Europe due to not being handled by the original Devs/Publishers

In the future - please refrain from random accusations - thank you!
Old 2012-07-16, 12:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #165
ThGlump
Captain

Ok finally some solid information. Not what i wanted to hear, but i know it and prepare for it.
So its fake US account and vpn then. I lose veteran status but that doesnt matter. Im glad i had my doubts and didnt buy any Station Cash to this account during recent promo.
I hope that will work, as i want to play PS2, but you dont make it easy.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion