9th Aug Stream - Page 4 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: It's not polite to stare
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2012-08-09, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #46
OnexBigxHebrew
Sergeant Major

Re: 9th Aug Stream

I really don't like the gameplay in higby's streams. I know he means well, but he makes it look like PS2 is an empty wasteland. I watched another video just after that showed exactly the opposite, with huge fights and lots of gunplay, and got me totally psyched - unfortunately the kid was breaking NDA. Before I saw it, I was worried that maybe higby was avoiding the large-scale gameplay because it just wasn't looking good at all yet. Found out that wasn't the case.

I just wish higby would get into some of these multi-squad heated battles at capture points instead of jetpacking around shooting tanks with his machine gun.

That, or let me into the beta :P
Old 2012-08-09, 10:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #47
Masterr
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Envenom View Post
TR music is so badass compared to NC!!!!
It definently is. NC music is blarrgghh
Old 2012-08-09, 10:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #48
Boone
Sergeant

Originally Posted by OnexBigxHebrew View Post
I really don't like the gameplay in higby's streams. I know he means well, but he makes it look like PS2 is an empty wasteland. I watched another video just after that showed exactly the opposite, with huge fights and lots of gunplay, and got me totally psyched - unfortunately the kid was breaking NDA. Before I saw it, I was worried that maybe higby was avoiding the large-scale gameplay because it just wasn't looking good at all yet. Found out that wasn't the case.

I just wish higby would get into some of these multi-squad heated battles at capture points instead of jetpacking around shooting tanks with his machine gun.

That, or let me into the beta :P

I think they're...testing stuff. It's a hunch.
Old 2012-08-09, 11:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #49
Comet
First Sergeant

I would assume Boone's right. Higby isn't streaming solely for our enjoyment. I would think he is testing all sorts of things that maybe aren't apparent to us during the stream (we really don't know what issues are priority right now) while also trying to show us some neat things.
Old 2012-08-09, 11:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #50
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Comet View Post
I would assume Boone's right. Higby isn't streaming solely for our enjoyment. I would think he is testing all sorts of things that maybe aren't apparent to us during the stream (we really don't know what issues are priority right now) while also trying to show us some neat things.
Honestly, I disagree. I think the fact is that Higby, along with the rest of the devs, has been playing on fairly empty servers for the last year or so (or at least since the launch of Alpha) and is used to basically running and gunning, covering a lot of ground between kills and playing as a lone wolf.

To his credit, he did stick close to a bunch of other players, but he was still operating as a largely independent player... he never really put himself in a situation where he relied upon them completely. He doesn't strike me as the type that likes to play squad leader, but given his position of leadership on the development team, he's not really the sort to join someone else's squad and let them tell him what to do.

I think today's stream does show progression from yesterday's stream, where he did get a bit more involved with other players, but he's still Higby, playing as he knows best while trying to mix in some other classes and weapons for our benefit.

It's very evident that he plays the Assault classes most heavily; as he's not a very good sniper (sorry Hig) but he definitely knows when and how to use his jumpjets tactically, and he seems able to survive well as HA and escape many scrapes with little health left while employing his shield, which shows that he knows how to play that class defensively.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2012-08-09, 11:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #51
Higby
Contributor
PlanetSide 2
Creative Director

Well, it was rough as TR, most of the big fights today were VS vs NC, TR was pretty pushed back, so there wasn't anything really epic happening where I was fighting. I was in some huge fights yesterday, and a couple decent sized skirmishes today, but no giant battles. Maybe tomorrow on VS will be different.
Old 2012-08-09, 11:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #52
Rivenshield
Contributor
Major

It's all cool. Thanks for inviting us along on the ride, Higs.

The way you jumped around and worked that enemy max over was freaking epic.

Last edited by Rivenshield; 2012-08-09 at 11:59 PM.
Old 2012-08-10, 12:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #53
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by Higby View Post
Well, it was rough as TR, most of the big fights today were VS vs NC, TR was pretty pushed back, so there wasn't anything really epic happening where I was fighting. I was in some huge fights yesterday, and a couple decent sized skirmishes today, but no giant battles. Maybe tomorrow on VS will be different.
Oh, hi Matt. Now I feel a bit silly disseminating your play style.

I look forward to watching the VS stream.

EDIT - Hey, I hear if you donate a certain amount to PSU, you get a gold name. If you did the same, maybe you'd get a blue name with a gold border. See where I'm going with this?

EDIT2 - What are you doing up so late?! Tomorrow is Tie-Day Friday... you can't go into work on only a few hours of sleep! Everyone else will be wearing their ties, looking sharp, right? I hear Josh is really strict about Tie-Day Friday, and I'm sure he'd be disappointed if the creative director wasn't looking his best.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!

Last edited by Electrofreak; 2012-08-10 at 12:21 AM.
Old 2012-08-10, 12:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #54
PhoenixDog
First Sergeant

Anyone record this tonight?

~Xen of Onslaught Member Since: September 2003
~XoO Planetside 2 Air Division Commander
~Recruiting Now! Check our our PSU Recruitment Thread Here
Old 2012-08-10, 12:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #55
JawsOfLife
Sergeant

Originally Posted by PhoenixDog View Post
Yep, on the way to the 'tube right now.

Edit: Internet decided to be nice for some reason, I'm getting about 10 mbps up (waaaay faster than normal), so the recording should be up in a little under 3 hours if all goes well.

Last edited by JawsOfLife; 2012-08-10 at 12:46 AM.
Old 2012-08-10, 12:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #56
Envenom
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by PhoenixDog View Post
August 9th full HD stream: http://lnk.nu/youtube.com/li1
Old 2012-08-10, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #57
JawsOfLife
Sergeant

Originally Posted by Envenom View Post
August 9th full HD stream: http://lnk.nu/youtube.com/li1
The funny thing is I thought someone had beaten me to the punch! Haha!
Old 2012-08-10, 12:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #58
PaperChampion
Private

Lol why do you do this to me?
Old 2012-08-10, 12:54 AM   [Ignore Me] #59
JawsOfLife
Sergeant

Originally Posted by PaperChampion View Post
Lol why do you do this to me?
Fear not! My internet is chugging along as fast as it can, and 1080p livestream is arriving in t minus 3 hours
Old 2012-08-10, 01:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #60
Flaropri
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by JawsOfLife View Post
Fear not! My internet is chugging along as fast as it can, and 1080p livestream is arriving in t minus 3 hours
As always, thanks for recording these things.

Also, since Higby reads this forum now and again... thanks for streaming!
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion