Time for some ~Real Talk~ - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Filmed in front of a live studio audience.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-01-15, 07:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info
Time for some ~Real Talk~

The other thread wasn't the place for this particular thing, so fuck it, new thread for it. Clegg, I'm not going to target you with this. I doubt its something you can even do anything about, nor does it affect you. You only opened the can of worms.

Originally Posted by arclegger View Post
It was nice knowing ya.
I don't understand the vet community, this event is nothing but good exposure for the game and for anybody looking to grow their outfit. All of you were once a newbie, help out the new players by embracing them instead of being upset about a PR move because it's "not how you would have done it." These new players don't deserve to be punished because they like a Youtube guy and don't know what planetside 2 is.
Originally Posted by Rockit View Post

I'll translate for you the vet concern... "So you turned your back on us by developing this BF3MMO and expect us to support you in this event when you chose empire leaders (excepting TB) who have never even heard of the franchise (apparently by how they play it must be so) and are what we perceive making a mockery of our game Planetside? We see this as a desperation attempt to get pops up when we told you in beta your design wouldn't work and expect us to turn the other cheek and support whomever your marketing department decides as leaders based on youtube channel followers?"
I understand that SOE want the support of the vet population for their PR marketing, and some wonder why they don't have it, despite not really needing it due to sheer numbers. Theres a simple reason for it, and when it boils down to it, its really quite possible to pin it on the attitudes of one or two people.

Let me back up a little bit, you'll see in my sig that my last login date was december 13th, 2012. Thats a bit over a month ago now from the point of this post (one month, two days), but that length is really nothing to me. Last real break I took from planetside lasted for four years. Thats a little less than half of the overall length that Planetside has been in operation. So understand when I say I and possibly others can turn our back on you, it isn't an ego thing. Most vets have probably left and just ignored anything SOE has done for long periods of time, to go off and do other things they enjoy.

But why?

Its simple. This thread was created in order to demonstrate the inherent flaws with the current game and the poor design logic behind it. Much of it could have been solved if all paths were considered and SOE were open to changing course a little bit, it could have been solved a long time ago, and it isn't that hard. But when the attitude to many of these concerns that are well thought out, well researched, and opinions that are based off of a lot of experienced are turned down with a collective "HTFU, deal with it", what do you expect?

There was a quote figment had about how the vet population are the ones that stand on the front of the ship and warn about the coming icebergs. To draw a parallel to that, we've warned you about the minefield you're walking into. So far, Smed is happy ignoring us. So, here's my line in the sand, cross it at your own peril.

Originally Posted by Smed
No.

I've actually publicly explained why I disagree with it multiple times

I'm not going to rehash this again.
I want to care and help you all as much as I can, but when the responses to sone of the most well thought out and informative posts you've ever been given are the above, why do we bother?

So, if thats how it is, so be it. Tit for tat: You get no support with your PR campaign. Thats why I don't care, thats why I'm perfectly fine with letting my own faction crash and burn this one time. Someone find me when Smed isn't driving this thing into the ground with his stubborn attitude.

Retired NC CR5, Cerberus Company.
Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2013-01-15, 07:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rockit
Banned

Re: Time for some ~Real Talk~

I understand where you are coming from. Do you remember WildVS?
Old 2013-01-15, 07:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by Rockit View Post
I understand where you are coming from. Do you remember WildVS?
hate that guy. (Yes I do)

Not currently playing PS2. Anyone with a similar name is not me. My only characters are listed in my stats profile here on PSU.
Old 2013-01-15, 07:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rockit
Banned

Well that is me.
Old 2013-01-15, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rockit
Banned

Schooled you more times than I can remember.
Old 2013-01-15, 07:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
maradine
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

What the hell is the point of this thread?
Old 2013-01-15, 07:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by maradine View Post
What the hell is the point of this thread?
you want the tldr?

Tldr: the era of planetside is over. this game is planetside only in name. its really, honestly, bf3online

As for wild: LOL.

Old 2013-01-15, 07:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Rockit
Banned

No it isn't that p0intman. We like you and your input.
Old 2013-01-15, 07:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
EisenKreutzer
Sergeant Major

Originally Posted by p0intman View Post
you want the tldr?

Tldr: the era of planetside is over. this game is planetside only in name. its really, honestly, bf3online

Would you say you feel entitled to a game that is more true to the sequel in your eyes?
Old 2013-01-15, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Rockit
Banned

you want the tldr?

Glad you recognize me. I you also.
Old 2013-01-15, 07:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by EisenKreutzer View Post
Would you say you feel entitled to a game that is more true to the sequel in your eyes?
No, I guess what I'm saying is... it shouldn't be a surprise that SOE and more specifically smed is putting a knife through our back again. Its what he does best.

Take our advice... or don't. The End.

Last edited by p0intman; 2013-01-15 at 07:59 PM.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-01-15, 07:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
arclegger
PlanetSide 2
Level Designer

This is supposed to be a fun event. I'm reaching out to the ps2 community first so they can represent their empire and their outfit.

I think you are taking this event too seriously.
Old 2013-01-15, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Rockit
Banned

I agree. We are a little ass opened.
Old 2013-01-15, 08:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
EisenKreutzer
Sergeant Major

No, I guess what I'm saying is... it shouldn't be a surprise that SOE and more specifically smed is putting a knife through our back again. Its what he does best.

Take our advice... or don't. The End.
Dude, there is no knife, and there is no back. They don't owe you anything. They made a game you like, then made a sequel you don't like.
Just because you liked the first game doesn't mean SOE somehow owes it to you to make the game the way you want them to. On top of that, they have been super open and have listened to a lot of the concerns of the community.

So, would you like some cheese? To go with that whine?
Old 2013-01-15, 08:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
p0intman
Lieutenant Colonel

Misc Info

Originally Posted by arclegger View Post
This is supposed to be a fun event. I'm reaching out to the ps2 community first so they can represent their empire and their outfit.

I think you are taking this event too seriously.
You misread that entirely. I don't care for the event, at all. I'm not invested in it, like I said: only reason I'd care to log in would be to spawncamp nanners.

In all likelyhood, ill be busy doing other shit. What I AM saying though with that is that this is just another ploy for more players because the current ones and the vet population are saying to hell with ps2.

Take our advice, or don't. the end.

Closed Thread
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion