Level Design with Clegg - Page 2 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Leave your jokes at the door
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion

Click here to go to the first VIP post in this thread.  
Old 2013-02-13, 05:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #16
Rago
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Re: Level Design with Clegg

Originally Posted by seanman View Post
hope the crown can be deleted too.
there's always fight crown, ti alloys, crossroads everyday and it's ridiculous
They Crown is a Masterpiece in Design !
And i hope for this to Stay !
Old 2013-02-13, 11:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #17
Dougnifico
First Lieutenant

I'm going to be totally honest, I had no idea these two bases existed until now...
Old 2013-02-13, 11:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #18
Illtempered
First Sergeant

I'm sure it's partially our fault, "our" meaning those of us on Waterson. VS used ARC Bio as a last-stand against TR and Total Biscuit's 50% global pop hoard for months. TR held it for about 3 weeks, until the entire VS faction on Indar went to ARC Bio and held it while NC neutralized Indar. NC have owned Indar since, and most of us are ok with that, since TR don't have it. Everybody on Waterson, after extensive discussions in command chat, now knows that ARC Bio is key. Does nobody use it on the other servers as a last-stand?

I would really hate for them to over-correct again and delete one of our favorite bases. Just move the warpgate pain-field back so that the tower covering ARC can be assaulted, and move the out-of-bounds borders out a bit. The base is not unassailable. It just needs some tweaks.
Old 2013-02-13, 12:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #19
Bocheezu
Master Sergeant

Originally Posted by Illtempered View Post
Does nobody use it on the other servers as a last-stand?
On Mattherson, VS rarely got warpgated before the patch; we (TR) never really got to ARC bio too often. I've never fought there. Attacking TR had trouble holding Ceres Biotech because that base is severely biased to the people in the warpgate; the towers can pretty much shoot at the cap point and there is no direct indoor path to the cap point from a Sundy parked behind the L-shaped building (the only safe place to park). Either way you go, you have to go around the outside of the L-shaped building and around a fence to get to the cap point. Meanwhile, people from the warpgate just have to park behind the building west of the cap point and walk right in there. It's a stupid base layout.

NC have already packed their entire population into NS Salvage a few times since the patch, with major lagfests similar to the UES battles. I never fought there when TR had that warpgate. We did last stand at Saurva once, though. And the Crown, of course.

The SE warpgate is pretty much screwed and they have no chance to last stand anywhere at the warpgate.
This is the last VIP post in this thread.   Old 2013-02-13, 12:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #20
arclegger
PlanetSide 2
Level Designer

UPDATE!

Outposts aren't getting deleted but rather moved and or adjusted.

ARC Bioengineering is getting a bridge and a road leading to it, that indestructible turret tower that sits right there is being removed.(stop freaking out you still have 2 more right in front of the warpgate, remember those are to prevent warpgate camping not help you kill people at outposts you are trying to defend)

NS Solar is being moved 2 hexes West.

Hidden Ridge Mining is being moved to the front of the warpgate.

*thanks for the feedback clegg ur da bessst* Aw you're too kind psu, no you're the best.
Old 2013-02-13, 12:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #21
EVILPIG
Contributor
Colonel

The out of bounds proxi8mity warning or the ability to fire any weaponry from inside the protection of a warpgate should not play into any territory. Move the warpgates further towards the edge of the map and give them a wide expanse of land between them and their border with anything capturable.

www.planetside-devildogs.com
Old 2013-02-13, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #22
Graywolves
General

I think if a mountain wall or something was just between the warpgate and RC it would be a little easier. Simply everyone can see where they can't go, defenders aren't firing from inaccessible territory. Just put a whole in it with a road so it isn't completely inaccessible from warpgate.
Old 2013-02-13, 04:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #23
Roy Awesome
First Sergeant

Originally Posted by arclegger View Post
ARC Bioengineering is getting a bridge and a road leading to it, that indestructible turret tower that sits right there is being removed.(stop freaking out you still have 2 more right in front of the warpgate, remember those are to prevent warpgate camping not help you kill people at outposts you are trying to defend)
Can you give Arc Bio the hex at the 'mouth' of the entrance. Right now it belongs to the Warpgate and really constricts flow from Ceres Farms. You MUST go through Highlands Substation to get to Arc-Bio because there is that WG Hex that disallows you to get up that hill that the now gone turret is sitting on.

I think the approach Arc-Bio would be easier to get into if the WG isn't so limiting.
Old 2013-02-13, 04:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #24
Sifer2
Major

Originally Posted by EVILPIG View Post
The out of bounds proxi8mity warning or the ability to fire any weaponry from inside the protection of a warpgate should not play into any territory. Move the warpgates further towards the edge of the map and give them a wide expanse of land between them and their border with anything capturable.

Well one day I would hope to see those Warpgate shields come down when the Empire has lost all its territory. And then one final last stand at the gate itself before your pushed off the continent. I hope they design their positioning with that day in mind.
Old 2013-02-14, 04:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #25
Blynd
First Sergeant

tbh they need to thin out the number of bases on tyhe continents as it stands there are far too many and they are all far to close there is no real armour battles in the open plains etc its all around a base it needs to be made more of a strategic move from one base to the next with fewer small ones its like the stronghold is fine but the 3 bases around it are stupid they need to be removed so it forces empires to have to bring sundies and mbt's from further away giving infantry more time to set up a defence rather then litterally firing from point A at one base to some smurf on point A on the next base its rediculous
Old 2013-02-14, 04:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #26
Pella
Captain

Originally Posted by Rolfski View Post
There's no use for these bases anymore. Indar has become so defensible since the latest patch that's impossible to lock it. Nobody has achieved that on prime-time for months now (on Miller that is).

What Indar could use is some expansion around the edges imo, especially around Rashnu. The current no-zones seem rather artificial atm and adding a few more flanking possibilities could help improving the map flow, especially for aircraft.
On Miller we have somewhat a fair Empire Pop Balance.
Old 2013-02-14, 04:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #27
Thunderhawk
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Pella View Post
On Miller we have somewhat a fair Empire Pop Balance.
One thing I do like is the fact that it's the busiest server with a fair balance of pop across the board.

What the Level Designers need to think about is having at least 1-2 bridges going across that canyon in the North of Indar

1. Epic Bridge battles with Armour crossing.
2. Stop Manufacturing a virtual "STOP" sign for both factions in the south from moving across the top of the map.

The Faction that owns the north Warpgate (NC Currently) will always have a much easier time holding the entire northern half of the map due to the way re-inforcements from the WG can go either Left or right where as Attackers must do massive detours.

This needs to be added
Old 2013-02-14, 08:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #28
Assist
Contributor
Major

Originally Posted by capiqu View Post
Open Up the out of bounds lands of Indar. Let my feet touch the ocean.
Indeed. I'm not a huge fan of the world borders being in-line with the Warpgates. The world's are gorgeous, I think they could have made them much more interesting with better thought into warpgate placement. Of course that would also mean that the map themselves need to be larger, and less square shaped. Trapezoids make all the difference.

Last edited by Assist; 2013-02-14 at 08:03 AM.
Old 2013-02-14, 08:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #29
Hamma
PSU Admin

That's a good point - I wonder if they plan on extending the OOB's a bit.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2013-02-14, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #30
Canaris
Contributor
General

Originally Posted by Hamma View Post
That's a good point - I wonder if they plan on extending the OOB's a bit.
it really could do with it in places, before the warp gate switch on Indar, my outfit was holding onto the out post south (arc bioengineering ofc ) of the VS warpgate on the West side to try and lock the continent, late to the party I raced over in my mossie to try and provide some air cover, I ended up doing loop de loops over the outpost to stay in bounds between the warpgate OOB & the edge of the continent while staying in the protection of our AA black zone over the base. Fun indeed but very, very tricky flying.

"Don't matter who did what to who at this point. Fact is, we went to war, and now there ain't no going back. I mean shit, it's what war is, you know? Once you in it, you in it! If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. But we gotta fight. "
Slim Charles aka Tallman - The Wire
BRTD Mumble Server powered by Gamercomms

Last edited by Canaris; 2013-02-14 at 08:47 AM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 2 Discussion