Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-06-21, 12:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Zetre
First Sergeant

The Hulk Review *some spoilers*

I just went to see the Hulk, here is my review

Ok, this movie starts out very good. Good credits, decent acting, decent intro stuff. Then the movie starts to show off it's bitchinly cool comic book style. You'll see cool fades, you'll see cool angles. You'll see frame on frames, and all sorts of stuff any comic book fan would absolutely LOVE. Anyway, this cool little intro goes on for a while, infact too long. You'll be wanting to kill someone because of the lack of the action. So that goes on for a while, until the transformations start to happen. SAWEETTTT. These were really cool. I could watch the dude tear stuff up for like hours upon hours. So that's all goin good until you actually see him fight something. His first fight is against like a poodle. A giant, vicious poodle. moving on. The movie goes on like this for sometime. cool action scenes that are pretty well done. Ang Lee does a bit too much flying crap, but over all, they're pretty fun to watch. Then you get to the end. And then the movie ends shortly after, and you're like, WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT????
The end is like some stupid foreign expresionist film. It didn't make any sense, it was cheesy as fucking hell, and didn't have anything to do with the hulk at all.
Ok, so here's the short version
Goods: pretty cool, if slightly short, action sequences. There's nothing that clever in here, and they're kinda pointless, but cool. Two words, jennifer conelee(haha, i butchered her name) I would consider her one of the top 10 most beautifull women in the world, maybe the top like 3, but anyway, she's reason enough to see this movie. The comic book style of dirrecting. Cool stuff dude
Bads: Acting was bad. The whole "dad" character was really stupid, and really cheesy, and way overused. Marvel tries, once again to make this into a meaningfull sci fi movie, which makes it suck. If you're a hulk fan, then you'll be pissed, because this movie should be called like, "A big green dude, who isn't the hulk"
Old 2003-06-21, 01:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Zenny
Sergeant Major

Misc Info

SMASH!!!
It's pretty much the only thing I loved about the movie, every bit of smash, bash, yell, explosion, throw, etc!

I dunno, but I thought it was good, but then I think a lot of movies that aren't rated well are good anyways. The one thing that bugged me was the one you pointed out. The end, I too was like "WTF was that?!" I might of missed a lot of the explanation between him and his dad before he turned into a giant electrical monster (dont help when ppl behind me are laughing throughout the whole movie...) but anyways, it was over before it really began. And the whole giant water bubble floating up... what was that???

Lots of excitement, but left me with a lot of confusion...
Old 2003-06-22, 12:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Zetre
First Sergeant

yeh, i agree, the action was pretty cool. But it was brief, and not very inventive as far as ang lee standards go. I just think the whole cheesy crappy plot line and stuff made it bad
Old 2003-06-23, 08:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
simba
Major

man is that some kinda child movie? Never heard of it almost.
Old 2003-06-23, 10:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

45 minutes too long. No one gives a shit about deep background story, people pay to see hulk smash.

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge