return to castle wolfenstein: enemy territory - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: FOR GOD'S SAKE JUST LET THE THREAD DIE, MAN!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-06-22, 03:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Robot
Major

Exclamation return to castle wolfenstein: enemy territory

Do any other psuers play this? it's hilariously fun, and the best part, it's free. like, completely free

you can be several classes. you have your soldier, who's the basic grunt and can use all of the uber powerful heavy weapons (like the panzerfaust), your medic, who can heal and revive comrades, the engineer, who can plant land mines and dynamite and also has a grenade launcher rifle thing (the best gun in the game, really), field operative, who can make ammo, toss smoke grenades and call in extremely destructive airstrikes (at rank level 4, it's two passes of airstrikes), and covert operatives, who are the coolest guys in the game because they can steal the uniforms of enemy officers, and are equipped with satchel charges that you can use to blow up people or enemy command posts

it's sort of like planetside int hat you gradually gain exp for doing your job or killing people. there are several individual sections that you can gain ranks in, that increases the effectiveness of those. for example, getting a level 4 soldier rank lets you run fast with ANY weapon equipped (normally, things like the panzerfaust cut your speed in half as you move with them.) and getting a level 4 rank in light weapons increases your accuracy with guns. you can get it at fileplanet, just search for the name
Old 2003-06-22, 03:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Febnon
First Lieutenant

IM geyying it tommorow
Old 2003-06-22, 03:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Robot
Major

you don't even need return to castle wolfenstein (the retail version) to play it. that's why i love it so much. and launching rifle grenades is fun fun
Old 2003-06-22, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
�io
Lieutenant General

/me looks at PS subscription

"Ends 23rd june"

Hmmm....

/me searchs for this game (hopefully i can find another download beside crappyplanet)
Old 2003-06-22, 04:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Doobz
Lieutenant Colonel

Gamespot
Old 2003-06-22, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
�io
Lieutenant General

/me huggles Bluesnews

Found it on 3dgamers which is pretty fast and allows the use of download accelerators.
Old 2003-06-22, 06:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
simba
Major

yeah I play it, and OH MY GOD IT OWNS!
Old 2003-06-22, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
simba
Major

ok a couple of things.
Field ops cant throw smoke grenades, they can throw airstrikes and artillery strikes. In RtCW u often said smoke grenades to a lt:s (or a field ops now) airstrikes so u do that now also.
But its accually the covert ops taht throw smoke grenades, and they are really good too.

and also at level 3 light weapons u get better acc, but who cares?? Oh and at 4 level light weapons u get DUAL PISTOLS! thoose are cool level 1: better use of light weps ammo 2:faster reload

there is also battle sense that I think u gain from staying allive among other things that I dont know of.
level 1:binoculars lev 2: faster regeneration of stamina (that u use to run) lev 3: more health (not really much more) lev 4: the abbility to see mines at close range.
Old 2003-06-22, 07:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
MuadDib
Staff Sergeant

Bah you have too play medic. being able to heal yourself and teammates and still being able to fight is God-like. Even at level one the ability to respawn were you were killed without waiting or going back to spawn wins games. A level 3 Medic can revive teammates at full health Allowing you to run like a madman jabbing revive juice at every dead body you see without having to drop med-packs.
Old 2003-06-23, 12:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Derfud
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I play ET under the name Derfud. You can find me mowing down Americans on the beachhead map
Old 2003-06-23, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
�io
Lieutenant General

I've played a bunch today and it's pretty cool.

Oddly enough plain soldiers (who can man handle the uber panzerfaust, mobile mg42 and the flamethrower) are usually the less played (at least on the servers i've seen).

Anybody got tips for the mortar? That thing is hard to aim without a scout buddy.
Old 2003-06-23, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Civilian
Contributor
Major

Oddly enough plain soldiers (who can man handle the uber panzerfaust, mobile mg42 and the flamethrower) are usually the less played (at least on the servers i've seen).
That's because plain soldiers are totally useless and the PF is a noobstick. LT is the best class in unlimited life Wolfenstein, because if you choose medic, you will get stuck with a bunch of idiot LTs that don't give ammo. RTCW is one of the 3 best games I've ever played, but ET for me, is a big cluster fuck. Just run around firing and everything moves so fast you can't keep up with the action. If you are willing to spend $20, you should go pick-up RTCW.
Old 2003-06-23, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Civilian
That's because plain soldiers are totally useless and the PF is a noobstick. LT is the best class in unlimited life Wolfenstein, because if you choose medic, you will get stuck with a bunch of idiot LTs that don't give ammo. RTCW is one of the 3 best games I've ever played, but ET for me, is a big cluster fuck. Just run around firing and everything moves so fast you can't keep up with the action. If you are willing to spend $20, you should go pick-up RTCW.
Heh, if i was gonna buy an FPS i'd get Raven Shield or SoF2.
Old 2003-06-23, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Hamma
PSU Admin

SoF2 was allot of fun, good game

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-06-23, 05:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Doobz
Lieutenant Colonel

Well, I wouldn't exactly say SoF2 was a great and quality game, it was great for stress relief though

anayways, i played some Enemy Territory today, didn't like it at all. I like my WWII experiences to be a little more authentic then that.

This mod, for example, looks to be a nice quality, authentic WWII mod for HL2.
http://www.lastgreatwar.net
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge