PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Postively Super Unitards
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-06-24, 12:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Talking PC Support, this is Donovan speaking.

I just got a new job at a bank helping out in the PC Support department. I am posting from work right now. Its not that glamorous, I just do what the real IT guys don't wanna do, but hey, at 16 its a pretty good job.
Old 2003-06-24, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Airlift
Sig Mastah!

Yes, that is definately an excellent job for a teen. In a market where actual work experience is at least as important as your college, getting a good grunt job to start your career is the cheapest and most effective way to... start your career.

Focus on how you relate to the people you support. That is more important than the technical side most of the time.
Old 2003-06-24, 03:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
BUGGER
Major General

Misc Info

I just cut trees, screw labor laws.......tho my chainsaw broke a week ago.....so now i'm screwed.

http://mrchevys3.blogspot.com/

Living is easy with eyes closed.
Old 2003-06-24, 04:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

I do nothing. Money just appears at my desk's chair every day. It was a curse put on me by Hamma.

Old 2003-06-24, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
MilitantB0B
Colonel

If thats a curse, I don't wanna be blessed.
Old 2003-06-24, 04:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Grease Monkey
Private

Re: PC Support, this is Donovan speaking.

Originally posted by MilitantB0B
I just got a new job at a bank helping out in the PC Support department. I am posting from work right now. Its not that glamorous, I just do what the real IT guys don't wanna do, but hey, at 16 its a pretty good job.
That sounds cool, i worked at an upclass hi-fi shop, then a small computer shop, now i work at a suit shop which is ok considering i get payed to get bored and say 'suits you sir' every now and then, yes very good job at 16, enjoy it work hard-it will pay off
Old 2003-06-24, 04:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
firecrackerNC
Colonel

How much is pay?Im getting $11 a hour for doing some construction 8 hours a day 5 days a week and im 15 i was surprised,my dad knew him and does his drywall so i think thats y i got it,mean guy tho, REALLY mean like He never stops annoying me,but hey,$11 an hour ill live
Old 2003-06-24, 04:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
ho
First Sergeant

hmm at 15 it's hard to get a job it seems most places want 16+...but i help my dad with some networking stuff..and i detail cars with my friends

-CDL-ho - Air Cav///AGN-ho - Production Coordinator
[[email protected]]
Old 2003-06-24, 04:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
firecrackerNC
Colonel

Na fast food places,grocery stores,construction sites,alot of places,best bet is to help out parents tho,i halep my dad with drywall weekends and usally get 4-5 hours in which on top of the 40+ weekdays w00t im rich
Old 2003-06-24, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Originally posted by firecrackerNC
How much is pay?Im getting $11 a hour for doing some construction 8 hours a day 5 days a week and im 15 i was surprised,my dad knew him and does his drywall so i think thats y i got it,mean guy tho, REALLY mean like He never stops annoying me,but hey,$11 an hour ill live
You anger me. I am only getting paid 5.15. Minimum wage, you know.

Meanwhile, I think I am going to have nightmares about ringing phones and the clicking of harddrives. I walk through the door and they sit me down at a desk with about 4 computer and hand me a huge box of harddrives and tell me to erase them all with this software that makes 7 sweeps. Theese are old noisy harddrives to. Then they had me answering the phones and taking messages for them while they went out to do some work at another branch. Tough stuff, but I can dig it. Maybe some day I can talk them into letting me play planetside up here. Then again, maybe not.
Old 2003-06-24, 05:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Now I am leaving said job, roughly forty dollars richers then when I came in. that is of course before you take out taxes and the expense of comming all the way down here (It is a fairly long ways away, and my 85 buick rivera guzzles gas like a madman). <sigh> oh well, its employment.
Old 2003-06-24, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

My minimum wage is 6.75

Old 2003-06-24, 06:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

1024 must be in California with me.
Now if only I can find an open job. Most are only interested full-time, and damn labor laws limit my maximum payable hours. Fucking well-meaning-but-idiotic-"Progressivists". I'm getting really frustrated, this place is ass-end of nowhere and I can find NOTHING. I've been asking around, but all the places that I got recommended to are full up now. So I'm stuck with low-ass pay odd jobs. Rawrg. I needs money, dammit. Rantrantrantrant....
Old 2003-06-24, 06:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
MilitantB0B
Colonel

Originally posted by NeoTassadar
1024 must be in California with me.
Now if only I can find an open job. Most are only interested full-time, and damn labor laws limit my maximum payable hours. Fucking well-meaning-but-idiotic-"Progressivists". I'm getting really frustrated, this place is ass-end of nowhere and I can find NOTHING. I've been asking around, but all the places that I got recommended to are full up now. So I'm stuck with low-ass pay odd jobs. Rawrg. I needs money, dammit. Rantrantrantrant....
Dude, don't get a job!! If you can avoid it at all, work for yourself. Think about it, if you work for a company, and that company pays you and does well finnancialy, then you are making them rich. On your labor, they are making big dollars. Trust me, you work for yourself, you make yourself rich, you hire employees, they make you rich. Thats why this job is only to fund my other job where I work for myself as a computer maker and case modder. I swear, people think they had seen a ghost when they realize what I charge for the same thing you would have to pay at least a thousand dollars in a retail store. That and for some money on top, they get a kick butt case.
To some it up, boys and girls, WORK FOR YOURSELF!!!
Old 2003-06-24, 07:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
NeoTassadar
Lieutenant Colonel

I was thinking along those lines a while, but I need seed money.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge