Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge

Old 2003-07-23, 09:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

Post As of lately....

As of lately, theres been plenty of stupid posts, flames, rants, and otherwise trollish antics being displayed. Everytime i've come to the forum and read one of these stupid posts, it's made me cringe at the thought of it continuing.

The moderators have been doing there jobs, banning and closing as necessary. But you have to understand the moderators hate having to take action, we don't like censoring the forums. Think before you post, don't make stupid comments, don't flame, and if you want to chat join IRC. This is not a flame, it's a rant. Comments and suggestions welcome
Old 2003-07-23, 09:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Navaron
Contributor
Major General

WTFOMGNOOBDIEKTHX!

I'm about to break the bucket out on some of these recruits .

Vist www.bohicagaming.com because we're better than you.
Apply|Contact|Forum
Old 2003-07-23, 09:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Spider
General

gah squeeks... there as not been more or less of these posts... you just been on the edge for some reason lately I never saw you react like that before
Old 2003-07-23, 09:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

Originally posted by Spider
gah squeeks... there as not been more or less of these posts... you just been on the edge for some reason lately I never saw you react like that before
You wonder why, i made the excuse it was because my girlfriend was out of town but it's because of the simple fact theres way to much of it going on as of lately. There is more, i've been here 7 months and it's rarely ever got out of hand this much
Old 2003-07-23, 10:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

Squeeks should be a mod. Nav too. They are teh smarts.

Old 2003-07-23, 11:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
�io
Lieutenant General

Well i partly agree with you Squeeky. Yes there are more posts that are less than satisfactory than before but i wouldn't say it's a recent thing, i've commented about this quite some time ago (month or so ?) and it's been on-going since.

I agree that the mods have done a fine job and i'm in no way saying PSU sucks or is otherwise not a fun place, it is still a very cool place with lots of cool peeps but as Nav said some recruits just need to be reminded that PSU isn't the average gaming board. This is (or at least we hope and strive to be) a mature, fun, laid back and intelligent place. I'd actually say it's getting better though (aside from a few stray posts) than it was a few weeks ago.

Anyhoo, that's my 2 dimes, thank you and good night!
Old 2003-07-23, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

Originally posted by �io
Well i partly agree with you Squeeky. Yes there are more posts that are less than satisfactory than before but i wouldn't say it's a recent thing, i've commented about this quite some time ago (month or so ?) and it's been on-going since.

I agree that the mods have done a fine job and i'm in no way saying PSU sucks or is otherwise not a fun place, it is still a very cool place with lots of cool peeps but as Nav said some recruits just need to be reminded that PSU isn't the average gaming board. This is (or at least we hope and strive to be) a mature, fun, laid back and intelligent place. I'd actually say it's getting better though (aside from a few stray posts) than it was a few weeks ago.

Thanks for your comments, and 2 dimes? It's 2 cents silly canadian!
Old 2003-07-23, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Spider
General

a mature, fun, laid back and intelligent place
Does that mean I have to leave
Old 2003-07-23, 11:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
�io
Lieutenant General

Originally posted by Squeeky
Thanks for your comments, and 2 dimes? It's 2 cents silly canadian!
Silly american, you forget Dio's input is worth more than 2 cents.
Originally posted by Spider
Does that mean I have to leave
Nah you can stay since you're a fellow french Canadian, if the mods give you any trouble just tell them Dio said you're ok.
Old 2003-07-23, 11:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Squeeky
Contributor
Teh Masturbator

Originally posted by �io
Silly american, you forget Dio's input is worth more than 2 cents.

Quit talking about yourself in the third person or you WILL BE BANNED

Old 2003-07-23, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Spider
General

wow squeeks can figure out to work SIZES!!! no wonder his gf is on vacation *cough* 6 inches isnt half a centimeter

And thank you Dio it brought a tear to my eye.. maybe it's just my allergies but still!
Old 2003-07-23, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
EineBeBoP
Contributor
Pns Ndabut

Misc Info

Originally posted by �io
...Yes there are more posts that are less than satisfactory than before but i wouldn't say it's a recent thing, i've commented about this quite some time ago (month or so ?) and it's been on-going since...
notice that PS was released about a month ago? noobs who decided it looks cool but know nothing about the game, are looking for info/help and since were already so popular, they find us when they google planetside. The noobs are just pouring in for all directions, but when noobs become "players", theyll stop trolling/spamming and hopefully either leave or become a nice piece of the community.

and Im willing to sacrifice my time to become a moderator, and ban-- errr moderate everyones post's

Originally posted by �io
Nah you can stay since you're a fellow french Canadian, if the mods give you any trouble just tell them Dio said you're ok.
and your approval means what to us?
Old 2003-07-23, 11:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
�io
Lieutenant General

Says who gimpy boy, you can't ban me remember.

Heck even Hamma can't, me and my association are like 67% of this board's activity.*

*Please don't ban me Mr. Hamma. I wub j00.
Old 2003-07-23, 11:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Spider
General

Originally posted by �io
Says who gimpy boy, you can't ban me remember.

Heck even Hamma can't, me and my association are like 67% of this board's activity.*

*Please don't ban me Mr. Hamma. I wub j00.
Old 2003-07-23, 11:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
r3d
Banned

Originally posted by �io

Indeed, the mods have done a fine job. Its the loose mod attidute that keeps people here. No one wants to come to fourms where you are banned cause a mod doesent like what you say(personaly of course) But when people start to take advantage of it thats when they start laying the half-assed smackdown on you.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge