Stories - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Makes wide right turns.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-15, 07:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

Stories

Any good battle stories out there?

I have one but its not really a story though its something that happened when i was playing TR on Konried.

Well, I was walking toward the bunker infront of the gunuku bridge when i see a vanguard chasing something. So, I quickly rush to the bunker then I see a little figure run into the water.

So, I pull out my striker and chase the vanguard away. Then the guy comes over to the front of the bunker and then he salutes me
with a Hail!. Then, BAM! sniper shot right through the head in slow motion I watched him fall to the ground lifeless. He was lieing there still and motionless. Then, I walk away

Well post yours
Old 2003-09-15, 08:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
sniper4evr26
Corporal

what is it with old people and battle stories. i mean i dont know if ur old or not but generally old people like war stories. besides who cares. u can put this in the lounge u know, thats where u post crap not related to planetside. maybe this is related, but has nothing to do with the actual game. its like asking people for ghost stories.
p.s. this isnt ment as a flame, just saying stuff off the top of my head
Old 2003-09-15, 08:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ViperGTS
Banned

I have a cool one...
I have no idea what base it was no idea what continet...
I saw there was a base ungarded a little off the way i was going so i take a hike over to it. After wandering around it for a while a see a max in the corner of my eye...it was a friend. When i turn to look at it it was goon. In about 5 minuites i found the cc. then out of noiw were come 3 vanu. They all start shooing there beaming wepons thingy. I hide and yell for help. Out of no were comes the max and rips there 3 apart. I get the hack and have a good day...i never got to thank the max thought...so if your out there...thanx...
Old 2003-09-15, 10:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
BUGGER�GHO�T
Major

i saw 4 galaxys in one courtyard and didn't lag very bad (56k), that is like, WOOHOO!
Old 2003-09-15, 10:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
noxious
Second Lieutenant

Back in beta there was a massive battle for Eisa, Esamir. It was before the poplocks and was by far the largest battle I ever had the pleasure of participating in. The NC (whom I played exclusively during beta) had control of a tower (can't recall the tower's name)across the bridge just east of the SE Eisa tower. NC troops poured for hours across the bridge en masses like nothing I had ever seen before. The VS put up a valient fight though as is inevidable in defence, we took the tower and soon took the base.

I still have screen shots and they are really amazing. From the original NC tower, you can see across the bridge and up the hill twords the tower (which you can't see because of the fog) and all you see is NC troops in a constant stream heading twords the VS heald SE Eisa tower.
Old 2003-09-16, 07:00 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
ViperGTS
Banned

LOL
Old 2003-09-18, 12:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

I have one. This is before vehicle shields were implimented.

I was soloing on Searhus, taking towers and bases alone. I'm get re-equiped in my tower and start running for the bridge, when along comes a Vanguard over the bridge. I started killing it with my lancer, to which they gunner started shelling me, and the drive seemed to go WTF? And stop driving... I killed it, and it's occupants. I went back to my tower, got re-equiped, and tried to run across the bridge to the next town. Here comes the two guys in another Vanguard. I start firing with my lancer, but the driver was prepared this time, and he runs me over. I respawn, get my equipment, and go back to the bridge. The Vanguard is killing deployables and doesn't see me. I start firing again, and he does the WTF? thing, I start getting shelled, but they missed every time. They tried to turn tail and run. I run up to the bridge, and the tiny walls flanking the bridge, and start firing some more at the Vanguard, promptly killing it. I go back to my tower, re-equiped and head back to the Bridge. Here comes a NC max, the guy who was driving. I promptly mow him down before he can react. Go back to my tower, get re-equiped, and head for the bridge. Again. This time, I encounter nothing. I get a /tell from the Max/van driver asking me if I had a weapon speed hack, as I was firing really fast. I reply, nope, Lancer. We had a short chat about weapons. All the while I'm hacking his tower for myself. I then hack the base, and the end of the story is that Vanu took Searhus entirely, thanks to a squad or two worth of guys, some soloing, like me, and I think a few squads.
Old 2003-09-20, 09:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Anyone else got a good battle story? Other than me? I got plenty.
Old 2003-09-20, 10:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

Viper why did you bump this thread from like the 3rd page?
Old 2003-09-20, 10:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
ViperGTS
Banned

Originally posted by ReaperofDeath27
Viper why did you bump this thread from like the 3rd page?
WHAT?????
Old 2003-09-20, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

how does your sig know my IP and ISP and OS and IE edition?!

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2003-09-21, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
DoomWarrior
First Sergeant

I was walking along with some of my TR friends on Ishundar by the Irkalla Interlink Facility when we stated getting attacked by 2 Reavers, luckily for us we all had our heavy or anti-vehicular certs (which is y we like to call ourselves the devestaters aka.Warhammer) and easily unload 80 rockets and assorted goodies into the reavers. So the 6 of us continue walking on when Damien(my friend) looks up for more reavers and see's 2 NC buggies fly off the mountain side. Naturally we all fired and as the smoking wreckage hit the ground, everyone was dead except for me. It turned out the NC had the last laugh seeing all my allies were under the buring wreckage of the 2 vehicles.
In times of life, death will come

Those who face their fate will know of its return,
those who face it's destiny are for the evil to turn.

Old 2003-09-21, 11:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
noxious
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by Rbstr
how does your sig know my IP and ISP and OS and IE edition?!
Run my friend, as fast as you can, the thought police are coming!
Old 2003-09-21, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Searo
Second Lieutenant

Originally posted by sniper4evr26
what is it with old people and battle stories. i mean i dont know if ur old or not but generally old people like war stories. besides who cares. u can put this in the lounge u know, thats where u post crap not related to planetside. maybe this is related, but has nothing to do with the actual game. its like asking people for ghost stories.
p.s. this isnt ment as a flame, just saying stuff off the top of my head
What the hell?
Old 2003-09-21, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

Not really anything spectacular, but I thought it was amusing. I was at a relatively undefended base, defending a hack. There wans't many people around. Maybe a squad or two of us and a few enemy stragglers. I was up on the wall looking around with my sniper rifle when an enemy mosquito started harassing me. I ran into the stairwell, waited a few moments and then went out the bottom. The door at the top was bugged and was staying open and the skeeter was focused on that. As I watched, two friendly mosquitoes dropped straight down, flanking it. They didn't fly in, they just dropped straight down level with it. After a brief pause, they both opened fire and wasted it.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion