SOE Continues to let cheaters persist in the game - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I wish those were my initials...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-16, 08:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Valcron
Master Sergeant

SOE Continues to let cheaters persist in the game

I logged on real late last night to see a very speedy Maurader blaze past me. It was going ENTIRELY too fast. It's clearly evident that SOE simply isn't looking into any of the things we bring up. They let the shit hit the fan a couple weeks back when that software let hacks persist in game.

Now a new wave of hacks are in, and they are simply not effectively dealing with them in a timely fashion.

Seems to me they'd rather let cheaters run wild like GodJoey and his little clan of cheaters than actually doing something.
Old 2003-09-16, 08:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Liquidtide
Contributor
First Lieutenant

IS there a Sniper hack? I got killed 3 times by some TR guy on Konried (can't remember his name) he would shoot me point blank just as I exited the AMS 2 times before I could even get my gun unholstered. He did this to most of my squad too. This isn't cool. Yes that's a powerful rifle but not meant to be exploited through cheats to make 2 shot kills everywhere. I deserve a fighting chance. Just want to know if you have heard of any of this.

I also have seen some fast vehicles, like an AMS blowing by my enforcer. I believe the top speed of a AMS is 68kmh and the enforcer is somehting like 78 kmh. He got by, so I thought it might have been lag, but he proceeded to leave me in his dust.

I'm not a newbie, but how do you expect them to be any sort of competitive and learn when this crap is going on.

~Tide
Old 2003-09-16, 08:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Valcron
Master Sergeant

Im not sure, but a sniper hack wouldn't suprise me at all.
Old 2003-09-16, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Hacks are so dumb...Ruin this game for us.

Old 2003-09-16, 10:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by Liquidtide
IS there a Sniper hack? I got killed 3 times by some TR guy on Konried (can't remember his name) he would shoot me point blank just as I exited the AMS 2 times before I could even get my gun unholstered. He did this to most of my squad too. This isn't cool. Yes that's a powerful rifle but not meant to be exploited through cheats to make 2 shot kills everywhere. I deserve a fighting chance. Just want to know if you have heard of any of this.

I also have seen some fast vehicles, like an AMS blowing by my enforcer. I believe the top speed of a AMS is 68kmh and the enforcer is somehting like 78 kmh. He got by, so I thought it might have been lag, but he proceeded to leave me in his dust.

I'm not a newbie, but how do you expect them to be any sort of competitive and learn when this crap is going on.

~Tide
No, snipers can kill with two shots. So no hack in that.

Theres been reports of vechicals going way faster than there supposed to be. Looks like a new problem ?

Old 2003-09-16, 10:25 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Liquidtide
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I know they kill in two shots, but this was bam bam, more of a timing thing. I snipe and I know reload time is lengthy. This was faster than I could pull my supressor. Now does it make sense? I'm thinking a reload hack... not a damage hack.

~Tide
Old 2003-09-16, 10:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
shadowseed
Staff Sergeant

Originally posted by Liquidtide
I know they kill in two shots, but this was bam bam, more of a timing thing. I snipe and I know reload time is lengthy. This was faster than I could pull my supressor. Now does it make sense? I'm thinking a reload hack... not a damage hack.

~Tide
Its got to be another speed hack...

Old 2003-09-16, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Maybe. You can, and many snipers do, keep teo loaded sniper rifles in your rifle slot. This lets yu get off two shots quicker than you normally would be able to.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-09-16, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Hamma
PSU Admin

I don't think they are "Letting" it happen.

And quite honestly they can't just take our word for it, they need to find the cheat, verify its a problem. And only then they can fix it.

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2003-09-16, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Liquidtide
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally posted by Happy lil' Elf
Maybe. You can, and many snipers do, keep teo loaded sniper rifles in your rifle slot. This lets yu get off two shots quicker than you normally would be able to.
This might be the case, but it was very fast, like I said quicker than I could draw my gun...

~Tide
Old 2003-09-16, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Pilgrim
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Probably waht was happening is he was sitting in the spawn tube where he can't be killed, and shooting you with his sniper while you're still in default armor. That is a one whot kill last I checked. It's a crappy way to fight but I don't think it's cheating

PAX
Old 2003-09-16, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

OR MAYBE THERE WERE TWO SNIPERS. I MEAN *GASP*
Old 2003-09-16, 02:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Liquidtide
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Originally posted by ChewyLSB
OR MAYBE THERE WERE TWO SNIPERS. I MEAN *GASP*
*rolls eyes* No this was a very small squad on squad battle... not planned. This guy stood right in the AMS bubble. Nice try though.
Old 2003-09-16, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Indecisive
Major General

That is a one whot kill last I checked.

Nope its not a one "whot" kill. Its a two shot, only infils die in one because of their non-existant armor.
Old 2003-09-16, 03:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Nitsch
Sergeant Major

Not a hack... He has two sniper rifles. I do that when i am sniping... fire one rifle then equip the other and fire quickly. Way faster than reloading.

"Never pet a burning dog and never fry bacon naked."--Gary Busey
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion