Planetside Alpha server? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Ahhh! Ye shot me Lucky Charms!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you favor an ultraviolent Planetside server, despite balance issues?
Yes, implement this crazy idea 7 38.89%
No, and find your medication stat 8 44.44%
Maybe, if there was pie for all 3 16.67%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-09-21, 01:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

Planetside Alpha server?

Street Fighter Alpha was a version of Street Fighter where everything was faster and meaner, thus the title of this thread. Would you like to see a PlanetSide server for the most hard-core badasses in the game? This server would differ from a regular server in the following ways:

1) All damage would be increased by 35%, except in the case of grenades, which would increase in damage by 50%.

2) Splash radius for all splash effects would increase by 15%.

3) An implant slot would be gained every 4 levels. Stamina cost for implants would be reduced by 30%.

4) Certification costs would be reduced by 1, to a minimum of 1. Unlearning a certification would take one hour instead of the usual 24.

5) MAX armor would be doubled and their footspeed would be increased by 50%.

6) Troops could enter any empire's sanctuary if they controlled that sanctuary's connected continents, but could not deploy an AMS there, or capture sanctuary towers.

7) The length of time it takes to unholster a weapon would be cut in half, and the reload animation would double in speed.

8) The effective range of all weapons would increase by 30%.

9) The repair time for armor and terminals as well as the time it takes to revive/heal comrades would be 35% faster. The medical applicator would instantly activate the target's implants, and would heal stamina in addition to health.

10) Orbital Strikes would become available every 30 minutes to cr4 and cr5 players.

11) Cloakers would be completely invisible, no matter how fast they moved. They would also receive an extra pistol slot that can carry only a REK. Darklight would reveal them as usual.

12) When an ANT full of NTUs explodes, it does so with the force of a cr4 Orbital Strike.

13) Health packs heal a player to full health, but cannot be used while moving or with a drawn weapon.

14) The speed of all vehicles and missiles would increase by 50%.

15) Phalanx wall turrets would shoot the equivalent of Firebird missiles.

16) Jammer grenades would disable vehicle shields.

17) Carrying the LLU would inflict one health damage every 3 seconds to the carrier.

This is the kind of PlanetSide I'd like to play. I respect the fine-tuned balance of standard servers, because they are geared for people of all experience levels, but I think this kind of server would generate some amazingly rude battles. I posted this because I was bored, please direct all flames to \dev\null.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired

Last edited by Veteran; 2003-09-21 at 01:12 AM.
Old 2003-09-21, 02:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
BUGGER�GHO�T
Major

maybe, but then it would just have to me a deathmatch server, cause it would screw up the gameplay.....maybe.....
Old 2003-09-21, 03:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
NNY
Corporal

how a bout a small server only big enoth for 2 bases 4or 5 towers and some open land. so ppl with egos big as there mouths fight for braging rights. squad Vs squad or 30 V 30 max

but if too many of these severs go up it will take too many ppl away from the other severs

the real idea of planetside is that it is a MMFPS not CS. 2.0
Old 2003-09-21, 04:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

No, If I want gameplay like that, I'l go play MOHAA
Old 2003-09-21, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

the only ppl who would do that are the ppl who would want 2 play unreal but want sometype of a story.
Old 2003-09-21, 09:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

And Planetside has a story? Okay, I know it does, but it's a weak pussy story. At least with Unreal 2003 I can hop all over the place. In PS I can't even climb a mountain without falling on my ass and losing half my life.
Old 2003-09-21, 11:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

This mode of play would appeal to people that can accept that all things need not be fair to be fun. It also appeals to people that find it ridiculous that in PlanetSide, you can walk up to an unarmored man (a cloaker, let's say) and shoot him point-blank with a shotgun and he will live. Some people just can't respect that aspect of the game. I can, because I realize a game must make sacrifices in order to remain fair, but those who think that it makes the game somewhat less cool aren't wrong, they have a valid opinion.

Besides, this highly unlikely proposition supposes that an entire server be set aside for willing participants. It would by no means be forced on the average player.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2003-09-21, 11:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

It would be extremly easy to die if they did that, but I would probably play that every once in awhile when I got bored of the original. One idea I don't like as much though is when you would take 1 damage every 3 seconds. This totals up to 100 damage in 5 minutes, meaning whoever picks up the LLU even with full health is going to give up their life becuase they can't give it to anyone else. Also when you have the LLU all enemies can see you on the map so you would get shot at even more, you glow yellow, and you take other forms of damage like damage from falling.
Old 2003-09-21, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
noxious
Second Lieutenant

You can drop the LLU [even in the curret version if Planetside we all love and loathe at the same time].
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion