why has User Interface become an in-game bonus? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: moving from topic to topic.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-21, 03:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
SumYungGui
Staff Sergeant

why has User Interface become an in-game bonus?

dropship facility benefits are repair and rearm pads for air and ground vehicles. the repair pads I am kosher with as a Facility Link Benefit. it's a nice little bonus, it gives incentive to get that base (what, galaxies weren't enough? never seen a gunuku battle before?) and it doesn't strike me as a fundamental part of gameplay. it's the rearm pads that I have a problem with.

I am 99% certain that these very things were asked for waaaay back on the beta boards to relieve the tedium of getting ammo for a vehicle. if you've never done that manually you should try it sometime. it can take up to five trips to an inventory terminal to fully reload some vehicles. it is honestly much MUCH faster to fly over the pad and bail or drive up to it and deconstruct your existing vehicle then get another one. that's just wrong.

additionally, only the empire with dropship centers gets to use vehicle inventory favorites. c'mon, *inventory favorites*, user interface, fundamental game play. why is that an FLB 'bonus'?
Old 2003-09-21, 04:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Doppler
Contributor
Major

I've been saying this for some time now. I hate to be a little Nihlistic on this issue but to me it shows a total disreguard for customer feedback.

But lets look at the overall trend. A portcullis a 17th century (possibly earlier) piece of technology, we have to get from the aliens. Who at sony thought of this? Yet were going to play money for it, beautiful.

Doppler/Galgimp-J/Hardcased

Lord give me strength of arm, will, mind, and the accuracy of shooting to preserve them all.
Old 2003-09-21, 08:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

i know how long it takes, i like 2 fly my reaver with a toatl of 96 rockets, if i ran out it would take me 2 trips 2 refill it.
Old 2003-09-21, 08:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Jagd
Major

Put on reinforced armor and you can get all 6 crates of rockets in there. Of course, you still need to make another trip back to switch to agile and get your personal weapons.
Old 2003-09-21, 09:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

I fly a libe. I know how long it takes too. My lib can hold enough shit for 9 big boxes. So 3 trips. So this pad rearm thing helps. Pity towers don't do this, they only will repair slowly.
Old 2003-09-21, 01:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
IronWolf
Corporal

The air tower can rearm you with ammo
Old 2003-09-22, 01:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
SumYungGui
Staff Sergeant

I'm gonna steal this one directly from my post on the official forums of the same name. someone replied to that one with the air tower comment, and later on this was posted:

originally posted by WingnutNinja
I'm trying to drive my Lightning up to the pads on an air tower.

So far I've gotten to the CC, but I can't make it around the corner
Old 2003-09-22, 08:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Rightwing
First Sergeant

Uh rofl, as long as you control an Air Tower, you can repair and rearm your Reaver/Mosquito/Lib/Gal without owning a DropShip Center..

Just can't use the base ground terms, but they're planning on adding a repair silo for the ground vehicles to the guntower.
Old 2003-09-22, 10:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

That would provide more of an incentive to hold towers, making them more important...i like that idea
Old 2003-09-22, 01:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Jagd
Major

At least with ground vehicles, you can rush up to a tower and park where the turrets can't shoot you, before going inside to hack the tower and fill up on ammo. Before they had air towers, keeping a reaver in the battle was like playing some kind of moronically repetitive shopping spree game, or getting shot down by turrets while you tried to find a "flat" piece of ground to land on. The funny thing is that there are plenty of flat pieces of ground that for some reason or other, the game doesn't think are flat so it won't let you touch down.
Old 2003-09-22, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
EarlyDawn
Major General

Originally posted by TheRealPSJunkie
Just can't use the base ground terms, but they're planning on adding a repair silo for the ground vehicles to the guntower.
Where are you hearing this...? I think it makes more sense for the silo to be put on the watchtower anyway.
Old 2003-09-22, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
SumYungGui
Staff Sergeant

I had my reaver doing a little over 400kph last night.

this was of course after I had touched down and become glued to the ground so I could do nothing but enjoy the ride as I ripped past a few terrans at well over breakneck speed, was catapaulted into the air over an ocean (I was still 'glued down' even in the air...), and plummeted to my watery death.
Old 2003-09-22, 04:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

yeah adding a repair silo 2 a gun twer will be a ggod idea 2 get ppl 2 hold on to towers more, but the thing that will remove that want is them adding ntu silos 2 the twers*i dont know if there still going 2 add them, i just heard about it a while back.*
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion