Climbing/Falling - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: So who accepts Hamma's quotes?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-21, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Searo
Second Lieutenant

Climbing/Falling

As a sniper trying to get to the top of mountains, I can literally take 50 damage from SLIDING!
That's right, I don't fall, I just skid down for like five feet.

Did I sprain my ankle? Why do I wear that shinguard then? Honestly, why can't anyone in PS climb or not get damaged by sliding three feet?

If we can't climb those hills, at least make it so we don't take 50 damage from trying.
I've jumped off of 5 story towers and taken no damage for some odd reason, but I've skidded three feet and taken 15.

It's messed up!
Old 2003-09-21, 01:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

I concur.
Old 2003-09-21, 01:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I've fallen off the side of the crater edge on Searhus and died.
Old 2003-09-21, 02:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Me to

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2003-09-21, 02:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

If you're sliding or falling and look down at the ground in the direction you're falling you won't take any damage about 90% of the time. Falls that would normally tear you up will do no damage at all. This doesn't seem to work when you jump, but it does when you're talking about the mountains that you slide down. Try it.
Old 2003-09-21, 02:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

I say make a 1 point cert that has sniping as a prequisite and it would allow you to climb steeper hills
Old 2003-09-21, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
JakeLogan
Major

I always thought it would be cool to have a grappling hook or something. cert or not doesn't really matter (hopefully not) Me being TR and always having someone invading ceryshen it would be useful for a lone grunt to have the ability to get up the moutainside and not have to drop your Reinforced. E.G. for a mosquito or reaver.
Old 2003-09-21, 08:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

It should fit in a pistol slot.

I would love the grapleing hook as an infiltrator, given that it takes a pistol slot of course. I agree that cery is a bitch to get around if you don't have an air vehicle(which I dont.) It would also be nifty if grapleing hooks could be used on facility walls. This would also compleatly change base warfare in combonation with the new shields that are comeing up with core combat.
Old 2003-09-21, 08:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
scarpas
Captain

Originally posted by JakeLogan
I always thought it would be cool to have a grappling hook or something. cert or not doesn't really matter (hopefully not) Me being TR and always having someone invading ceryshen it would be useful for a lone grunt to have the ability to get up the moutainside and not have to drop your Reinforced. E.G. for a mosquito or reaver.
A grappling hook would rule!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2003-09-21, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
BUGGER�GHO�T
Major

but then inful.s would be kinda overpowered. I mean just hanging above a doorway and some dude comes walking in with DL, you unclip the hook, grab your knife and beat the shit outa him. Yes that wuld be like sweet but then it gives lots of power to inful.s
Old 2003-09-21, 10:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Originally posted by BUGGER�GHO�T
but then inful.s would be kinda overpowered. I mean just hanging above a doorway and some dude comes walking in with DL, you unclip the hook, grab your knife and beat the shit outa him. Yes that wuld be like sweet but then it gives lots of power to inful.s
And infils aren't currently UNDERpowered? We die to 1 shotgun shell, 1 boltdriver shot, are pretty plainly visible when moveing in anything other than a croutch, and get a knife and a pistol for weapons. Not to mention that even when compleatly still, if someone sweeps with DLV, we're dead.

Besides, people would just have to learn to look up when seeping a room.

*Edit: not to mention we now show up on radar, Grr!*
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion