Please carry medkits so I can take them off your cadaver - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Just add water
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-22, 11:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Acaila
First Lieutenant

Unhappy Please carry medkits so I can take them off your cadaver

Why the fuck do so few people carry medkits? I go to loot off of fresh corpses and they rarely have medkits. Sure, lets get a medapp and 20 canisters, then fill up on ammo! Medkits are what make you win all those little encounters you have, I frequently run out and go looking for more, and they are so hard to loot.

Who seriously expects to be able to eat through a full inventory of JH rounds (or other weapon) without dying and without needing a medkit? How often does your opponent stop shooting at you while you use your medapp to heal yourself? There is only 3 weapons in the game that can kill you fast enough that you don't have time to eat/drink/rectally insert/however it is used a medkit before you die: Vanguard, Enforcer (i think?), JH secondary fire. It is 25hp of instant health.

A good grunt will always take 1 medkit in a fight, effectively giving them 125hp. I personally carry 4 of the buggers, but am going to start carrying 6 as I can never loot more. Ammo is easy to aquire, medkits aren't.

[/rant]
Old 2003-09-22, 11:39 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Pilgrim
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I never have a problem finding medkits myself. A great sorce is dead MAx units, they normally cary 4-8.

As to standard grunts, when you find a pack with kits in it you just gotta sigh and realize the poor bugger had no chance to use them before taking them for yourself!

PAX
Old 2003-09-22, 11:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
WritheNC
First Lieutenant

I am usually able to use all my medkits before I die.
Old 2003-09-22, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

I normally care anywhere from 3 to 6 medkits.
Old 2003-09-22, 12:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
RushHourKonried
Private

I carry 2 to 3 when I'm in my Max. but most of the time I 4get to use them.
Old 2003-09-22, 12:19 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

I stopped carrying it in my MAX suit. Once your armor is chewed through you're a sitting duck anyhow, medkits never seemed to make a real difference. With my other loadouts I carry 2-3 but I never have issues finding them. I was in a 1 on 1 firefight over the weekend which I won solely because I popped my 2 medkits at the right times. When I checked the dead guy's backpack he had 3 unused medkits. Sucks to be him, he shot better than I did and still lost.
Old 2003-09-22, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
GeistX
Contributor
Corporal

I usually carry one, use it, and then die.
Old 2003-09-22, 12:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
aiwest420
Sergeant Major

well, i never take medkits, since my char has medical and engineering.

if i get too low health in a 1on1 fight, i will try and surge/retreat, heal+repair, then try and finish off the guy.

also, since i only have medium assault for weapons, i have alot of shit to carry for agile, here's my usual loadout:

1 guass rifle
1 med applicator
1 BANK
4 boxes 9mm ammo
1 nanites box
1 nano-dispensor (i drive sund and reaver)
1 REK (adv hack)
1 CUD (im cr4, so this is necessary)
Old 2003-09-22, 12:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
DeMiNe0
Private

o_O i carry 6 on my max suit... Dono why i do since once the max suit gos down in army im screwed anyway...... Maybe i'll just ditch em and get somthing else.....

me == ps n00bz0r.
Old 2003-09-22, 12:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I am an Infiltrator that doesnt want to waste 3 certs for medical. I never have any trouble looting medkits. Its just so easy. One good source for medkits I have found are dead MAXs. Often they have 4 kits
Old 2003-09-22, 01:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Why the fuck do so few people carry medkits? I go to loot off of fresh corpses and they rarely have medkits.
You answered your own question in the second sentence of your rant. There are a number of people who prefer carrying a med app over med kits because not many people can loot a med app and actually use it and those who can probably already have one. Other figure a medkit isn't going to help much considering how quckly kills can happen in this game. Well and then there are those who are just too dumb to remember to include them. I see their point, at least the ones who have reasons, and while I don't necessarily agree with them 100% it sure seems to have annoyed at least one opponent

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-09-22, 01:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Jagd
Major

Unless you're in a MAX you shouldn't carry any more than 3 medkits cause you're leaving awkward wasted gaps in your inventory. If you're using big boxes of ammo (ala vehicle or anti-vehicular) you should carry 2 kits to leave yourself room for 3 more boxes of 3x3, and minimize wastage. If you're in a MAX you should always have an even number.

This is based on my theory of inventory efficiency, ie: leaving no empty space anywhere unless you have no choice cause of those unwieldy 4x4 ammo boxes.
Old 2003-09-22, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Diddy Mao
Second Lieutenant

Adv Med 0wnz j00!!!!!1!1!!!1one!!1!1
You last visited: 03-18-2005 at 01:50 PM - lol time flies
Old 2003-09-22, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Cider_Ownz
Corporal

I usually have 3, because it fits perfectly in my inventory and I have full usage of the storage room.
Old 2003-09-22, 06:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
SkunkPunk
Major

medkits r great especially if a sniper, whenever an nme sniper hits me i take cover behind a tree or something and pop 3 kits n im back online and ready to kill that sniper, usually after the time it takes to pop 3 kits he usually changes to another target leaving him vulnerable

Master Of The Shunk //LOL! // [LD.] // Email // {Coming to Planetside Soon, Beware}
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion