MAXs - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You. Are. Borg.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-22, 09:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Otis
Master Sergeant

MAXs

How many people ever run out of ammo in a MAX? How many people use half of their ammo? Sure you can use it all if you stay WAY out of action but not many do. MAXs should have about half their inventory ammo, and the rest med packs, a REK, 9mm ammo, med and armor cartridges, ACEs, etc. This would really help out your fellow soldiers, plus, it's just a plain nice thing to do.
Old 2003-09-22, 09:40 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I usually use about 2 full boxes before I die in a mild conflict.
Old 2003-09-22, 09:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

Re: MAXs

Originally posted by Otis
This would really help out your fellow soldiers, plus, it's just a plain nice thing to do.
And enemy soldiers...
Old 2003-09-22, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Zodiac
Colonel

when i was still playing, i ran out of ammo all the time if i lived longer then 6 or 7 minuates in a big battle. i would run out, when i was in any of the VS maxes, in the pounder or DC, and the sparrow.

its a good policy to shoot at anything and everything you see in a max, its not like they cant already see you after all.

i normally carried all ammo except for 2 med kits. except in VS maxes i carried 4 med kits cause i seemed to have a habit of falling way to far after a jumpjet burst.

edit: btw, screw the other guys, let them carry their own ammo and health kits, thats what their inventory is for.
Old 2003-09-22, 11:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

I run out of ammo, fast sometimes. The Quasar's secondary fire, AP mode, uses twice as much ammo as the first mode. And a clip is 60 rounds. So 550 shots goes real fast.
Old 2003-09-23, 12:44 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Katanaboy
Master Sergeant

Yea i think quasar's ammo box should be upped to 100 per crate, since it takes around as much ammo as a DC to kill infantry. (10-20 shots)
Old 2003-09-23, 12:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
dymetrie
Private

There's a secret to using all your ammo in a MAX...

Just make sure you have a few adv medics in your squad (I play on Werner, in Bad Company, and we have oodles ) then, if you do get dead, scream for a medic, you get revived and start plugging the enemy again

Dym
Old 2003-09-23, 05:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Aegis
Staff Sergeant

I ALWAYS run out of ammo in my Sparrow, rarely in the scattercannon, so with that i have eight packs of ammo and eight medipacks.
Old 2003-09-23, 07:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

Originally posted by Aegis
I ALWAYS run out of ammo in my Sparrow, rarely in the scattercannon, so with that i have eight packs of ammo and eight medipacks.
thats excatly what i have in my scatter *splatter* cannon. i have never run out. and dont cary crap for other ppl, i look in every backpack i see. i think they should all have the amo boxes bumbed up to 100, cause i think the tr duel cycler's amo carrtage has a 100 clip.
Old 2003-09-23, 09:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
JakeLogan
Major

well it a machine gun plus the TR maxs are supposed to be fast firing machines of death. (of course have half the time I get killed in them
Old 2003-09-23, 09:42 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I carry all bullets except for 8 med packs.
Old 2003-09-23, 11:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I found ammo to be least troublesome in a Scatmax and ridiculously troublesome in a Quasar

Old 2003-09-23, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
EarlyDawn
Major General

I'm telling you, MAXes should have trunks so they can carry ammo and suppies for everybody. They had this feature in pre-beta, I read about it. That would own.
Old 2003-09-23, 01:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
gonnagetyou
First Lieutenant

The Quasar MAX is the only one I use that can run out of ammo. It has a nasty COF bloom that can cause you to miss with over half your rounds. 550 rounds is nothing for a Quasar.
Old 2003-09-23, 01:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Jagd
Major

Never ran out of ammo in my pounder, and I always carry 4 medpacks though I usually only get to use 1 or 2 of em. Maybe that's cause it only takes about 5 or 6 semi-accurate shots to kill people, or maybe it's cause I have learned to hold my fire due to a week of near-constant weaplock.

Personally, I think if you run in front of an anchored pounder, you should get the grief and not the pounder. I don't know how many times we've lost towers because there are too many morons running up and down the stairs in front of anchored maxes, preventing us from taking out the vanu streaming through the tower doors. All it takes is a couple seconds with friendlies running interference for the enemy to pop around the corner and snap off the decimator rockets they need to wipe out our defenses.

Uhh, I guess that was a bit of a tangent there, sorry 'bout that.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion