Recongition, to an artist - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Turning the community around 360 degrees.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-23, 08:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

Recongition, to an artist

I know this is not the place, but I am posting this here and in the Lounge because I feel that after re reading it, I feel that RavenBlade deserves recognition for his work.

I posted this post in FanFiction. I would like people to go there and to read all of RavenBlades work, and to give him a piece of your mind.

My hats off to RavenBlade. Good work.

Last edited by Flammey; 2003-09-23 at 08:57 AM.
Old 2003-09-23, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Well I read the post and I don't mean to be rude or mean or anything but so... RavenBlade didn't even repley.
Old 2003-09-23, 09:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

So not only did you post it in the wrong forum intentionally but you cross posted too? Someone get a firing squad

P.S. Jesus that was an idiotic story and no I don't mean idiotic like Family Guy idiotic where it's a good thing. I mean idiotic like a 2 year old midget with three brain tumors.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-09-23, 03:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Ravenblade
Corporal

YOU AGAIN! I think you've insulted me enough and im sorry i haven't been working on it, but i've been busy. If anyone wants to see how wonderfully delightful a guy Happy Li'l Elf is, please look for the forum entitled "Critters"

Thanks for the recognition

The darkness dwells in Durin's halls;
The shadow lies upon his tomb
In Moria, in Khazad-d�m.
But still the sunken stars appear
In dark and windless Mirrormere;
There lies his crown in water deep,
Till Durin wakes again from sleep.

-=< The Lone Boar >=-
Old 2003-09-23, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rarzo
Sergeant

Yes, Elf, opinions are welcome here but do they ALWAYS have to negative?
Old 2003-09-23, 03:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

Yes I agree with rarzo, please don't do this. If you didn't like it, you could of just said you didn't like it instead of going through all of this.
Old 2003-09-23, 04:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

no i think agent should act the way he is because thats who he is and taking away from that is the greatest crime comitable

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2003-09-23, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

You mean happy lil elf right? Yeah I know you should act yourself but he doesn't have to be so negative about it. If everyone did that we wouldn't have as many problems or disbutes would we?
Old 2003-09-23, 05:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

Ah ah ah kiddies, Flammey brought it here. I don't post in the fan fiction forum or generally even visit it for a reason. In my experience there isn't much worth reading as far as fan fiction goes for any game and the majority of it tends to be drivel written at a 4rth grade level. Lots of people don't care for fan fiction at all. Why do you think there's a separate forum for it that has rules against harsh criticism?

However, Flammey brought it here and I responded here. He calls it art, I call it some of the worst writing I've ever seen in my life. There are no rules against criticism, harsh or happy, in this particular forum. Believe me the criticism could have been much more harsh. You want to cross post that all over the place be prepared for the reponse.

Have a nice day

P.S. Would you like some links to positive feedback I've given, Rarzo? I'd be happy to provide them if you'd like. I can and will however continue to post my opinion positive or negative as I see fit.

P.P.S. Raven, I've never had a problem with you personally. Even after reading through the above link I have no problem with you personally. Sure, I think your story is...well...crap but keep in mind that's just one man's opinion. You have people who are giving you positive feedback so concentrate on that if you want.

Oh yeah, don't bring up the critters thread, Raven. It's over with and the only reason you got involved in that nonsense is because you felt the need to "stand up" for Agent who I'm sure is big enough to take care of himself.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2003-09-23, 05:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

Yeah I agree with that, that everyone has different tastes. And your right it could of been alot worse critisism. Everything's good and done with, no need to open up old wounds (not implying that anyone is doing this now, just don't want it to happen).

So on with the planetside discusions
Old 2003-09-23, 05:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Cease
First Sergeant

I read it, and I'm pretty much of the same opinion as Lil Elf. <shrug> Nothing very clever or funny in Ravenblades stories IMO. Calling him an "artist" is a big stretch, and oddly it was the only real humor I found regarding The Adventures of Thugor.
Old 2003-09-23, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Flammey
Lieutenant Colonel

I brought it here so that maybe RavenBlade would see that there are some that want him to keep working on it. That's why I did this in not one, or two, but three areas of the PSU forum. And because I do think it has some talent in it. Yes it is wierd.
While some might say it is no good, I am not one of them. I want to read more, because frankly, there are times when I wish to read something that will make me laugh. That's why I only watch Stand up Comedians on TV.
Old 2003-09-23, 09:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Paingiver
Second Lieutenant

im wid flammey, lifes too short to not enjoy comedy and random stuff, even if its not profesionally written and is not an award winning saga, i still think it was funny
Old 2003-09-23, 11:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Zodiac
Colonel

this thread is almost as retarded as the story itself.

is that constructive enuff?

/troll off
Old 2003-09-24, 12:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
SandTrout
Contributor
The one, the only

I want some of what he was on when he wrote that story....
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion