Anybody getting this problem? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Robots in disguise!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-09-23, 01:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
User58
Sergeant

Thumbs down Anybody getting this problem?

It just started today after upgrading my processor and putting RAM in with a clock speed to match my MOBO's archetecture.

Random lock ups. Sound will stutter and the frame will freeze. I then have to do a warm reboot or I'm just stuck in stasis.

I fix one problem and another one appears. For two weeks I had graphic glitches till I shitcanned the Nvidia and got the ATI card.

Anyone had/has this problem let me know how you corrected it please.

Old 2003-09-23, 01:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Jagd
Major

What type of mobo do you have? It may be necessary to set your bus speed in BIOS to make sure it knows you've upgraded. You could also try re-installing planetside cause I think that when you install it it sets things based on your current hardware configuration, so it may be screwing up cause it's doing stuff an inefficient way based on your current system.
Old 2003-09-23, 02:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
User58
Sergeant

Originally posted by Jagd
What type of mobo do you have? It may be necessary to set your bus speed in BIOS to make sure it knows you've upgraded. You could also try re-installing planetside cause I think that when you install it it sets things based on your current hardware configuration, so it may be screwing up cause it's doing stuff an inefficient way based on your current system.
A7V333 with an XP 2600+ cpu. I ran AIDA 32, which is a complete system info program and everything is in order as far as bus speeds go.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion