vid card trouble - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Because spamming outfit chat isn't enough...
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2003-09-29, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
dwarven
Private

vid card trouble

Allright here goes. I'm totally clueless on this one now think I tried everything.
When I try to start Planetside.. it works fine with the logging in.. up to the part where it actually starts the game. It tells me the error that Planetside needs a 32 MB card to function and I have a 0.0 MB card.

So.. I run dxdiag and check the card. Hmmm seems to be fine to me.. all connected.. drivers installed. So I do the tests. The DirectDraw test runs perfectly no trouble whatsoever.
However then the Direct3D test.. gives me these results:
Testresults of Direct3D 7: Error at step 8 (Busy creating 3D-device): HRESULT = 0x887602eb (Errorcode)
Testresults of Direct3D 8: Error at step 8 (Busy creating 3D-device): HRESULT = 0x8007000e (Insufficient memory)
Testresults of Direct 3D 9: Fout bij stap 8 (Busy creating 3D-device): HRESULT = 0x8007000e (Insufficient memory)

As may be obvious.. the Direct3D part of my vid card won't properly operate here.
I tried turning it off and back on.. to no avail. I tried removing the nvidia drivers I had and redownloading them then reinstalling them. I tried removing directx and the drivers and then reinstalling the latest directx and the drivers again.
I've tried to install older drivers of the nvidia.. and older directx versions to see if that might help but no go.

After a bit of checking I found out in the advanced properties of the vid card the following at the adapter info:

Bus: AGP (PCI mode)

Now I might be weird here but why is it running "PCI mode" when it's in an AGP slot. It's got AGP8x support.. and the mobo supports AGP8x as well.

Well I think that's all the info as to what I tried found out and found wrong so far. My system specs are:

AMD Athlon 2400
512 DDR
Geforce4 Ti4200 AGP8x
windows XP

Hope someone here can help me cause I'm totally clueless here now.

Thanks in advance!

Dwarven
Old 2003-09-30, 07:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
dwarven
Private

*sigh* ok finally after hours of trying to get this fixed I got it. Turns out that my vid card was in my AGP slot but the mobo didn't have the proper drivers to actually use the AGP slot so it figured heck must be a PCI slot then. So my vid card was running on a PCI slot instead of an AGP slot mode. All I had to do was look up the drivers for my AGP slot at the mobo manufacturer install.. reinstall the vidcard drivers. And there I had my vidcard running AGP x8 and actually passing the Direct3D test

Dwarven
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum