Funniest thing you ever saw in PS - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: We don't need you, we WANT you.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-10-06, 12:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Rightwing
First Sergeant

Funniest thing you ever saw in PS

Posted this on the OF, just thought you guys would like to have it here, good for lots of laughs.

Post your funniest experience/sighting in PS.

My funniest was when I had a newbie in my squad before I got cr5, was cr4, and the newbie runs over to me, and shouts a hail.

Being the good samaritan I am, I give him a hail back. The instant I gave him the return hail, a Reaver jock did a fly-by with afterburners roaring and knocked the poor newbie flat.

He then tell spammed me how I killed him with a Hail, a hand of God type thing.

Old 2003-10-06, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Rightwing
First Sergeant

BiZumP
Old 2003-10-06, 12:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Ghryphen
PSU Code Monkey

Um give it more than two minutes.

Twitter | Dragon Wolves
Old 2003-10-06, 12:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
ObnoxiousFrog
Brigadier General

Mine was on Searhus one day.

My Outfit was having a TK war with a former member. I decicded to settle it once and for all by telling him it was his call to shoot us this time (we were in a Harasser). He said it was MY call. About 10 minutes of aruguing later, I got out of the Harasser, checked my knife to check that it was on, put it away, slowly walked up to him, and stabbed him twice (he was in standard). I put the knife away ald slowly walked back into the Har.

Old 2003-10-06, 12:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Tavin
Corporal

I cannot remember what island I was on fighting ... but this AA TR MAX was locked down and just dominating anything that came within its firing arc. Getting behind it was almost impossible becase of the TR with strikers.

So, after like the 5th time he shot me out of the sky, I got fed up and got another reaver -- loaded up with rockets and off I went. As he dropped two other reavers, I charged firing missles ahead of me and taking flak damage.

Well, I blew up about 5 feet from him and my smoking carcass took him out seconds later.

A minute or so later I get a tell:

/tell Ow.

I haven't laughed that hard about Planetside in a long time. Had a great chat with him which got me shot down couple more times. But, it was worth it. Funny guy.
Old 2003-10-06, 01:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
WildEagle
Lieutenant Colonel

Yeah, isn't it great making friends with enemies?
Old 2003-10-06, 01:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Liquidtide
Contributor
First Lieutenant

I was siping from behind a tree on Oshur trying to take out some snipers and maxs on the tower roof. All of a sudden I shoot and my view goes dark... I shot a infil 2 M in front of me (on 8X zoom all I saw was her corpse). She sends a tell... "look in front of you" I told her I was sniping the roof and she just had to laugh and said "My luck today".

~Tide
Old 2003-10-06, 02:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Holgarth
Private

My outfit squad was attacking a NC held base and as I was comming round a corner outside the base I spotted a NC trooper in reinforced, he got a couple of shots of with his Gauss rifle and then I unloaded a clip from my cycler into him, we both died at the same time by each other.

I respawned and sent him a tell laughing, he sent one back saying that was cool, next second I see his death mesasge from by my squad leader and also my squad leaders death message by him, he had done the same to me to my sl, in the space of about 1 min, we both laughed about it.
Old 2003-10-06, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Ravenblade
Corporal

One time, I was an NC sniper, and I go up on top of this hill near a TR facility with a rock on it. I'm about to jump up on the rock when all of a suuden explosions start hitting it. I wait till the explosions stop, then peek over the the rock. There's a TR max sitting there. I ducked behind the rock again to figure out what im gonna do. (Im facing the rock). All of a sudden i hear "Hey". I figured it was a friendly sniper come to help, so i turn around.......only to get a mouthful of Mini-Chaingun bullets.
The darkness dwells in Durin's halls;
The shadow lies upon his tomb
In Moria, in Khazad-d�m.
But still the sunken stars appear
In dark and windless Mirrormere;
There lies his crown in water deep,
Till Durin wakes again from sleep.

-=< The Lone Boar >=-
Old 2003-10-06, 03:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Spee
Colonel

I was running out of a tower, with a lasher I had just picked out of my locker (I was NC), and, as I go over a hill, I see a TR ReinfExo, so, I start unloading with my lasher at him, and he just eats me alive with his MCG.

After I respawn, I get a /t "Sorry about the Lasher, you want it back?"

The guy was nice enough to guard my corpse (we were in the middle of nowhere), I went by, picked it back up, we each gave one another a "Hail" and killed each other.
Old 2003-10-06, 05:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

I've had a few times in sniper duels where we shot and killed each other at the same time.
Hmm.. One time while defending a hack an enemy Van rolled on in. We all ducked down behind whatever we could and started shooting him with whatever we had when another member of our outfit in a MAX suit dropped down right on top of the tank's turret. AFter a brief pause it started firing directly into the tank.. The turret started spinning around and shooting at random. For some reason the driver never even tried to move the tank so it just spun and panicked until it exploded.
Old 2003-10-06, 06:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
PLaYbOrk
Private

Picture this:

A raging war....NC vs VS hectic as any seen befor. We (NC) were taking a base...advancing in force from the tower to the north...both teams were evenly matched and I was rushing forward to wreak a little havok among the troops. Ducking between trenches between the hills I felt quite safe ducking the occasioal maraurding tank when all of a sudden one goes fly off a hill right above my head clearing me by a good 5ft.
"phew that was close" was the first thing that came to mind as it passed when KABOOM three rockets hit it in mid air destroying it right above me!! tehn once again I breathed a sigh of relief as it sail and nestled on the opposite hill.
I turn to go back to my killing and the thing slids down hte hill crushing me...... KILLED BY A DEAD TANK!
Old 2003-10-06, 06:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Da King
Sergeant

I was on Ishundar there was a big fight at Akkan that was winding down so my squad was heading to Irkalla. I didn't have a ride so I started walking. I noticed the East Akkan tower was VS so I go and hack it. I switch to agile for the run as I'm leaving this VS galaxy flys over. I say to myself oh he's probably going for akkan but the gal pilot comes back and they have one gunner in the starbourd gun. So he's trying to shot me so I duck behind a tree utterly pinned. The gal flys around a little then they drop there ant they were carrying. The ANT trys to run me over but I unload 2 clips of armor piercing bullets into it. The vanu gets out and I kill him before he hurts me but all the time the gal is flying around trying to get a shot at me. The gal pilot ends up crashing into the very tree that I was hiding behind killing all the passangers.

I /tell the pilot and say "come on, I'm one guy cant be that hard to kill" ended up they were all on LAN playing together and they were all laughing very hard at the one TR guy that destroyed a gal and its occupants.
Old 2003-10-06, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
noxious
Second Lieutenant

I watched someone who was playing for his first time try to fly a galaxy. He didn't know how to descend, his sensitivity was maxed, and the mouse was inverted (well it wasn't inverted, but it was the opposite of what he was used to, which we later found out).
Old 2003-10-06, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Biohazzard56
Contributor
Major General

I saw an enemy (VS) Gal land and slide into the water. They got out then i killed them off. Oh yea their were VS cut off from the mainland and they were swimming to the other side and the NC were snipeing them and i surged under the water passing VS and took over the island with my squad. All and all pretty funny experience
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion