I need a good cooler for my CPU - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Better than a mosquito in your MAX suit!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2003-10-22, 04:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info
I need a good cooler for my CPU

Ok i have this celeron 2.4 ghz and it can only go up to 2.65 ghz because it overheats with anything faster and crashes, now i know i can get this thing to go 3 or more i just need a good heatsink(i'll also be useing this with the prescott come feb or whenever the roadmap pricecuts are coming), I know i need an all copper one but i can't decide what to get, i found a place that has Thermaltake spark 7+'s for $18 good HS but the Zalman that has the wierd radial fin thing is suposadly better, i was wondering what you guys though (it can't be more than 30$ preferably no more than 25 i nee to buy CC and that prescot later)

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2003-10-22, 09:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
sandmtrailboss
Sergeant

I bought the volcano 7+ CPU cooler. Its a beast, 3 speed settings. I wouldnt suggest it though if you want a quiet one. I run mine on low all the time and it still cools really well, the bottom of the heat sink hardly even gets warm during even intense games. It also comes with connecters for pentium / athlon setups.
Old 2003-10-23, 08:14 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Daleon
Second Lieutenant

Check the bottom of this page for P4 air cooling bench's.

http://www.overclockers.com/articles373/

Anything truly top of the line heavy duty copper is going to be $40-$50 usually. Then $10-$15 for fan, and $5 for some AS5 or Ceramique, then shipping. So can hit $75 pretty fast. You can sometimes find some good deals and sales on them though. Last week I think HSF had SLK-800u's for $25.

You can try heatsinkstore.com and heatsinkfactory.com.
Old 2003-10-23, 03:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Daleon
Second Lieutenant

HOT DEAL

THERMALRIGHT SLK-900(A) CLIP-ON *** SPECIAL PROMOTION***
$29.99 with a $10 off when you put in coupon code "thermalright" at the end of the ordering process. $19.99 is an incredible price for this HS.

http://www.svc.com/thslcl.html

You can also get it with a 92mm Panaflo M1A for $6 which an excellent fan, can be really quiet or really loud depending on how much you volt it.
Old 2003-10-23, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Sputty
Banned

BTW, water cooling has created alot of problems for people I know, so stay away if you can
Old 2003-10-23, 04:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

those thermalright ones are nice but the one with the good deal is not a P4 cooler so i can't fit it

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum