PSU: Staying on the scene, like a sex machine, since 2003
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2003-11-24, 12:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
xrmex
Private

Laggy And Choppy

I have been having really bad lag lately while playing, In game. My FPS are about 50-60 inside, 20-30 outside, and 1-10 durring battles or just small fights even on the lowest settings possible. It never did this the first 2 months of having the game. So I quit because of the problem, but have recently come back to try it out again but it still lags and is choppy. Im thinking its my video card and Im might upgrade to a ATI Radeon 9200 128mb, Or 9600 256mb. Please let me know if that might fix the problem. Thanks for your help System specs below.

Pentium 4 1.60GHz
512MB
Geforce 4 mx 440
Cable Connection

Last edited by xrmex; 2003-11-24 at 12:17 PM.
Old 2003-11-24, 12:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
I Hate Pants
General

Ugrading your video card will help you out. I have an ATI Radeon 9000 128mb and it works great for me.

Theres probably gonna be like 50 people telling you "you need more ram" but really you don't. 512 is enough to get the game running smoothly on medium graphics for small skirmishes. And low settings for big battles.
Old 2003-11-24, 03:04 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

The vid card and RAM are ur biggest probs, sorry ihatepants lol but PS is a major mem hog. 512 will get u running ok, but dont try it in big battles.

My older comp was a

1.6 ghz pentium4
768mb of SDRAM
Radeon 9000 pro 128 mb

It ran the game so-so thats about ur specs.

Bottom line...RAM and vid card
Old 2003-11-24, 03:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
I Hate Pants
General

I never said runnig the game on 512 would get you the best performance. But its enough to get the game running smoothly on low graphics.

The only issue I had with big battles was stuttering. But some of the lag issues is PS poor codeing.
Old 2003-11-24, 04:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
xrmex
Private

It ran smooth on those specs for about the first 2 months on having the game. Little or no lag at all durring big battles on low settings. Now even just now when I was at a tower in the middle of no where by myself my FPS was about 10. So i dont think it could be the ram although more would be nice.
Old 2003-11-25, 09:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Daleon
Second Lieutenant

Have you upgraded video card drivers? Some of the newer NV drivers really sucked, so rolling back could help. Did you put CC in? This killed many peoples fps. Just some of the updates for CC also affected fps.

May be time for a clean format and reinstall of windows, as this will usually clean up alot of performance issues. Your video card though is kind of scarry, look for upgrade for Xmas, 9600 Pro/XT range atleast.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum