Would you cert Lancer if...... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: I pity da foo' who don't donate!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Would you cert Lancer if it used 15 'Green Ammo' per shot?
Oh hell yes!!! 21 67.74%
Nah. or 'WTH you mean I'm not even VS' 10 32.26%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2003-12-14, 03:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

Would you cert Lancer if......

It ran off of VS energy ammo?

Personally I think it would just rawk!!
www.greyfalcon.net/lancerlasher.jpg

__________________________________________________ ___________repost

Lancer using "Green Box" energy ammo

The Catch: Needs 15 Energy Ammo PER SHOT.

Storage per 'Cube' is Identical:

6.00 shots in 4x4 box = 0.375 per cube
3.33 shots in 3x3 box = 0.370 per cube

Same Ammount. Same Size. Same Power.
Just a lot more Versitile.

So. Would you use it?
Old 2003-12-14, 03:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Yes but i would have used it anyway 8d

OH hell yes! got to put on that party dress....... I love Tom Petty! Last dance with Mary Jane. One more time to kill the Paaaiiinnn! I feel summer creeping in and i... gotta get outa this town agaaaiinnn!!!!! sorry! Wait i think i said that last part wrong!?

Last edited by Ait'al; 2003-12-14 at 03:32 AM.
Old 2003-12-14, 03:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
TeraHertz
Major

I use the Lancer anyway. so, nyeh.

Fear it, for it owns you.
Old 2003-12-14, 04:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
ghost018

Yeah, Lancer is pretty good. I haven't played with my VS character enough to really make an opinion on the ammo suggestion, but I remember it's great for taking out TR anchored MAX units. One of the only things I like about the Vanu Sovereignty. Too bad our Striker was nerfed to hell, or else I'd still have my AV Cert with my Terran.

ghost

Old 2003-12-14, 04:52 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Zatrais
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

I use the lancer whit my VS char, great for plucking off MAXs at distance so no ammo change needed imo.
Old 2003-12-14, 06:08 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Eldanesh
Sergeant Major

I would say only run the lancer off normal energy if... we get to use shotgun shells for the phoenix!

However, it does fit in with the whole vs flexability thing.
I recall them saying at one point in the dev interview that they were going to be looking at the sizes of AV ammo boxes in the future. I would assume that in that case, if NC and TR were given smaller versions of their own, (but still different from normal ammo) then you would have a case for making VS use standard energy cells. But as it stands it hardly seems fair that VS would get to use small boxes that also can be used for other weapons while NC/TR have to run around with huge boxes that take up 3/4 of their invo.
Old 2003-12-14, 07:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
STEALTHKILLER
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Eldanesh
I would say only run the lancer off normal energy if... we get to use shotgun shells for the phoenix!

However, it does fit in with the whole vs flexability thing.
I recall them saying at one point in the dev interview that they were going to be looking at the sizes of AV ammo boxes in the future. I would assume that in that case, if NC and TR were given smaller versions of their own, (but still different from normal ammo) then you would have a case for making VS use standard energy cells. But as it stands it hardly seems fair that VS would get to use small boxes that also can be used for other weapons while NC/TR have to run around with huge boxes that take up 3/4 of their invo.
Hey, VS dont have to loot ammo boxs off NC and TR unless its for the AV, so they have an adv. in that aspect.

Besides, lancer owns.
Old 2003-12-14, 11:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

The Lancer is certed hardly at all compared to Striker and Phoenix.

www.greyfalcon.net/lancercert.jpg - www.thottbot.com/planetside/

It has no targeting, it has CoF expansion when you move the crosshair, it has a warm up time, and theres a signifigant delay when the shot hits at range.

Phoenix can currently kill a max slightly fast indoors. Much faster if the max is smart enough to use personal shield, or happens to be an NC max.
And the Phoenix user doesn't even need to be sitting out in the open for 7 seconds.

Striker, it's lock is a bit buggy. Devs already have that scheduled for a fix. Once thats all done, it can lock onto maxes.

Striker needs a locking buff, it's pretty gimp right now. Phoenix it's the only weakness it has is ammo supply. Otherwise it's perhaps a BETTER weapon than Decimator.

Before I proposed a 20% firepower increase to put Lancer back in balance, but that wouldn't make sence.

Instead Lancer should be a weapon that capitalizes on Player aiming skill and Versitility.

This change would do exactly that.

Doesn't raise it's ammo storage. It makes it like every other VS weapon, with a common energy source.
Old 2003-12-14, 12:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

Ah yeh.

Forgot to mention. This means VS stuff would be easier to loot than ever before.

Whole point is that it would take 90 ammo to reload 6 shots.
Old 2003-12-14, 12:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
TeraHertz
Major

the striker hasa bug when locking onto maxs?
Thats why I wasnt killing a dam thing with it...

DOH!
Old 2003-12-14, 12:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

no the pheonix sucks indoors with its one shot per magazine capability it takes forever to kill a max, its bang! wait 3 seconds, aim bang, repeat once more, its very unwieldy, the only time i can kill maxes with it is when i am behind somthing and fireing over a distance or sneaking up on them overe a moderate range

However i like this idea. Just give the pheonix a 2 shot clip and a 4 shot box, so it can spit out 2 missles in dumb fire resonably fast that doen't kill a max. Alos give the striker a 5 shot box

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2003-12-14, 12:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
GreyFlcn
Sergeant Major

Which would you rather. Being forced to stay out in the open for 7 seconds, or reload twice for 3 seconds?

Staying out in the open against a max is bad for your health.
Old 2003-12-14, 12:31 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

Indeed, whenever I see a max out in the open, I start foaming at the mouth thinking to myself "Lights out!" And if those maxes could just see the grin on my face.....
Old 2003-12-14, 12:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
PsychoXR-20
Staff Sergeant

I think having the Lancer run of of standard energy cells would really help the Vanu and their "Versitility" aspect of weapons. Would probably also make it a MUCH more common weapon because they wouldn't have to carry aropund another type of ammo, and they get to use 2 other weapons as well.
Old 2003-12-14, 01:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Ivan
Contributor
teh Sexb0t

I was told to post here by GreyFlcn or he'd cut off my testicals and feed them to me. So here it is...
Violated by ChiaHamma
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion