Superweapons on sale! now for only $29.99 - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Is Marsman really from Mars?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-15, 02:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

Superweapons on sale! now for only $29.99

I haven't played since a couple of weeks before CC was out and now that I'm back I'm shocked. yeah the game got amazingly better, the battles bigger, and the bases are actually a challenge, but one thing is just totally pissing me off.
you guessed right, the flail or whatever it's called. 1 shot kill, pretty good ROF, great accuracy, basiclly a super weapon. I like it, I always thought the game needs artillery, but not like this! the weapons own, but anyone who doesn't bow down to SOE and pay for updates that according to everything they advertised should be free can't use them! how am I supposed to deal with a flail? unless I'm a CR5 I can't!

what's next? "Planetside: WOMD" ?

serisously! that thing needs to be available to everyone or just underground!
Old 2003-12-15, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
TeraHertz
Major

The flails a grief machine. Its a load of crap tbh.
Old 2003-12-15, 02:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

How do you deal with it? Pretty easily, actually. It can only fire while deployed, and as long as you stay under it's firing arc it can't touch you. You could even kill one with a basilisk as long as the guy didn't get out and kill you. His only option is to undeploy and try to get away. You can also plant boomers underneath the thing and blow it up.
Old 2003-12-15, 04:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Nimbus
First Lieutenant

I've taken down several by simply walking behind it, locking down and shooting it to bits with my dual cycler MAX. By the time they figure out what is going on and undeploy, they're scrap.
Old 2003-12-15, 05:50 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Contributor
Banned for no reason

Misc Info

boomers and when they get out assassinate.

Old 2003-12-15, 10:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
TheN00b
Colonel

I agree with the nay-sayers, its really not that good. Like the TR MAXes, it has too many weaknesses to survive.
Old 2003-12-16, 12:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
FightForFreedom
Corporal

I use it and love it, but it truely is a grief machine. A few dead friendlies and BOOM! 100 grief points. Plus, it does have other weaknesses. It takes FOREVER to deploy/undeploy, so if you get someone under your arc, you're in trouble. Not to mention the fact that it is slow and handles like crap, so it can be hard getting to your firing location in heavy battles. The thing is pretty good,but if you get a good person to target/spot for you, you can get kills right and left.
Old 2003-12-16, 03:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Ait'al
Contributor
General

Well thats what artilary is like! You have to use it the same way as artilary would be used in real life. 8p
Old 2003-12-16, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

nobody here said anything I didn't know already, but try doing those things in a zerg, you can't get within a 300 meter radius of the thing.
yesterday NC had some trouble with the VS on Cyssor, we had the cont locked and we were all trying to keep faro, the VS had faro south tower and we had the east tower. 4 flails just deployed on the hill a bit east of the south faro tower and because of the slope they could hit the ground too. not even the vanguards could get near them.
in a zerg it's not a grief machine, cause they hit our tower, and no VS was near our tower.

if 4 flails can do so much damage it's not fair to give them only to ppl who pay more.

they promissed free updates, I guess they meant the free updates are nice but everything really good is extra, that's BS
Old 2003-12-16, 10:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

One Prowler, two Lightnings, and a Skyguard = Flail Management. Tried, tested and approved.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2003-12-16, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Manitou
One Prowler, two Lightnings, and a Skyguard = Flail Management. Tried, tested and approved.
Dont forget about me doing my spamming on veh term ...........it brings back memories *cries*
Old 2003-12-16, 02:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

4 flaiils, 3 seconds, and a prowler = dead prowler. and I'm NC anyway.
Old 2003-12-16, 04:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Jagd
Major

Ah simmer down there are plenty of things to balance the huge damage it kicks out. From your description it sounds like the VS had you owned, and the Flails were only part of the problem. They either had good cover fire for the artillery (to keep the Vans away) or the Vans were too stupid to outflank them; either way it sounds like the NC was outplayed.

Then again, they probably should nerf it just because you got owned.
Old 2003-12-16, 04:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

They used to be stupid overpowered but now they are just a minor annoyance. The minute flail shots start hitting something, a reaver or some vehicle traces the shots back to it and comences the ownage
Old 2003-12-16, 05:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Doppler
Contributor
Major

I think you were just getting owned all around and the flails only added insult to injury. Flails are sitting ducks for reavers and libs hell i scrag a lot of em into itty bitty bits with my enforcer, they cant track fast enough to kill you. Also a lot of times in the zerg on zerg battles it becomes flail versus flail. In the end assesment a flail is only as good as its aircover and its spotter, the things cannot stand up on the battle field itself.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion