Advice on using the flail please? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Stop attacking the generator!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-15, 09:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Kikinchikin

Advice on using the flail please?

I just uncerted the uni-max after realizing that the pounder was only good at getting me grief and wasnt worth the three points, (since the DC is useless), and got artillery or w/e its called. I like the prowler/tanks, and the flail was of course an added bonus. I got 4 flails tonight on solsar and racked up about 15 or 20 kills with it. I guess you need a squaddie to spot you with laser pointer, but our squad was not organized at all, so that was hard to come by. Any other tips for using it?
Old 2003-12-15, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Spee
Colonel

I havnt used it. But here's some disclaimer goodness.

[commonsense]

Park your deployed ass in a base - You've got friendlies swarming all around you, and theres a good chance you have air cover. If there isnt any AA MAXes or a skyguard next to you, dont even bother. Libs, reavers will tear you apart. You have that setup, you're about as vulnerable as a lead casket welded shut.[/shakespeare]
Old 2003-12-15, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
DSSurge
Private

Find a cloaker buddy with an AMS.. he'll be your best friend in all of auraxis.

Have him scout the base from the upper walls and allign with the vehicle pad. Hide the Flail under the AMS cloak if possible, have him set targets with the turrets, vahicle pad, and the entrences and you can VERY quickly decimate a bases defenses.

As for out-right combat, the Flail sucks unless you like steam-rolling people (which is really iffy now).

I am the original homeboy.
Old 2003-12-16, 12:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
FightForFreedom
Corporal

I use the flail. The only way to succeed is by using a spotter. You're worthless without one. Find a good spot in the base or a reasonably safe place to fire from. The best places to shoot for are the vehicle pads and the front doors. And whatever you do, don't shoot at bases with many friendlies. Trust me, the grief just isn't worth it.
Old 2003-12-16, 01:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Fenrys
Major

If you can somehow manage a shot at the veh terminal of a recently zerged&captured base - wow.
Old 2003-12-16, 02:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
BDMJ
First Sergeant

Use of the flail depends on your motive for getting one. Did you get it for suppression fire and long distance bombardment, or did you get it for kills? If you got it for reason #1 then you need an infiltrator spotter, and a lot of patience. Getting those orbs on target can be difficult at 3 miles range. If you got it for reason #2 then find yourself a nice enemy zerged tower, park about 500-600m away and spam the bejesus out of it! The same tactic applies to bases with mountains surrounding them. You can anchor on just about any surface, so find a nice steep slope that overlooks the base, deploy, and rack up the free kills!
Old 2003-12-16, 08:04 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
kerosene31
Staff Sergeant

As others said, use a spotter. The best solution is to get on voice comms. Our outfit does that and it can be very effective. If that isn't possible, then at least have someone in your squad spotting for you. It really shouldn't be a full squad either, two people is the perfect combination. One driver, one spotter (preferably a cloaker).
Old 2003-12-16, 09:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Kikinchikin

Yea hI got it for kills. And I think it will be easy to get a spotter next time i log on. Yesterday just wasnt very organized.
Old 2003-12-16, 09:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
MuNsTeR
Sergeant Major

don't use it :P
Old 2003-12-16, 09:48 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
DeadTeddy
Sergeant Major

like he said, deploying on a hill is a great way to annoy people during a zerg. yesterday 4 of them held back an NC zerg.
Old 2003-12-16, 04:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
JakeLogan
Major

Hey the DC max isn't that bad in the right circumstances I think its the best max vs max out there. Every time I I've taken it out it kills any max I bring it up against.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion