Bailing - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: hi mom
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2003-12-16, 02:14 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
ZionsFire
Lieutenant Colonel

Bailing

I think we should be able to bail out of a vehicle at any speed. I HATE it when we are driving through a battle trying to escape from a tank or something in my deliverer, and some guy hits ALT-G and slows us down and then BOOM! You would take more damage the faster you're going of course.
Old 2003-12-16, 02:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Liquidtide
Contributor
First Lieutenant

:agrees:
Old 2003-12-16, 02:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Gigabein
Sergeant Major

add in a tuck-and-roll animation for when you hit the ground
Old 2003-12-16, 02:42 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Indecisive
Major General

Give hover vehicles, namely the mag and thresher, brakes >_>
Old 2003-12-16, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
TheRagingGerbil
Contributor
Major

/signed

This is the reason I don't pick-up guys who aren't in my squad or outfit. It never fails, I'll feel sorry for some poor schmuck running down the road so I'll pick him. 2 minutes later he decides to bail as we engage a magrider. Guess what happen next.

Even worse as of late with the kill the guy who is dismounting bug.
Old 2003-12-16, 02:48 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
00AgentDuck
Sergeant Major

I agree, the mag and thresher need brakes badly. It takes forever for this thing to stop, and if you try to stop to get out if your being hit badly, you die before you come remotely close to stopping completely. Also, without brakes you get grief sometimes because some idiot runs in front of you in a base and you can't stop or turn. With the other tanks brakeing you don't have this problem and you can stop before you hit the poor man.
Old 2003-12-16, 02:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rayder
General

Misc Info

The Mag has brakes, just not effective ones due to the fact that it has nothing thats in contact with the ground to slow it down. Maybe put some forward mounted hover thingies.
Old 2003-12-16, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I totally agree. This is mostly a problem with Deliverer/Sund. No body but the gunners wants to stay in the vehicle and it becomes a real pain in the ass to get out especially if you know the driver sucks
Old 2003-12-16, 03:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
TeraHertz
Major

yeah, thats damn annoying. I would say,without embleishment or exageration, 1 of every 2 times that I decided to take on non alliance folk, they'll ALT-G. The other day some guy alt-g'd, then proceeded to shoot the back of my sunderer, all because i was taking my outfit to a waypoint, rather the direction he wanted to go (the direction of the zerg lemmings.) I got out and VVC'd him. He stopped for two seconds then took another couple of cheeky shots at me, then tried to run away. That earned him a short sharp trip back to base via Pulsar.

It's not a serious problem, but it does damage the way outfits operate. There would be far more transport available for newbies if it weren't for these few people who insist on jumping out of a well manned sunderer just becasue some lightning has managed to get some early shots in and gotten you down to 50%. More often than not, that lightning will be a fraction away from death, but by slowing you down it allows the thing to drive right up under the sunderer guns and open up with it's MG.
Old 2003-12-16, 04:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
VashTheStamped
Major

Misc Info

i aggree.. ive had a guy bail out of my deliverer and we WOULD have made it if he hadnt slowed me down!

/signed
Old 2003-12-16, 05:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Doppler
Contributor
Major

Yea this has been brought up before but that makes it no less a good issue.
Old 2003-12-16, 05:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
MuNsTeR
Sergeant Major

/agreed
Old 2003-12-16, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
MuNsTeR
Sergeant Major

wait, u can press alt-g to make the driver stop...
Old 2003-12-16, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Cauldron Borne
Captain

I run over the moron if i see 'em again. I HATE when they do that. I used to have the deliv, but dropped it after this happened to be enough times. The gunners always wanna stay, and the passengers always wanna make unschedualed stops. 'But you said you wanted to go to this base!' 'we're takin fire!' 'Well we wouldn't have been, if you weren't such a dumbass as to wanna bail right in the middle of a TANK BATTLE!!!'

Me and a dumbass in re-exo. the guy didn't even have ANY AV on him, was he gonna gauss them to death? THE TANKS WERE PROWLERS! ALL FULLY MANNED!!!!!!!!

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2003-12-16, 08:30 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
MuNsTeR
Sergeant Major

Give hover vehicles, namely the mag and thresher, brakes >_>
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion