OMG! Your Equipment doesnt suck TR. YOU DO! - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Welcome to the club, we've got jackets.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-01-05, 02:51 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
TeraHertz
Major

OMG! Your Equipment doesnt suck TR. YOU DO!

Today I went to Emerald to use my n00bie BR4 TR charachter since Werner was unplayable with "you have left the world" crashes. Off I went to instant action with my TR charachter "VanuOwnYou." It took me to a tower on lokced continent.

Crap i thought. Oh well...
On I plodded. After a bit we fought the NC away from the tower and I proceeded to the enemy base, only to get vashthestammped kill me with a vanguard in the field.
At the tower I would consider the numbers of TR to be a zerg by VS Werner Standards.

So i took the long route, got to the back door and waited. After about 3 mins a cloaker came along and let me in. We went through the base and to the spawn tubes.

In seconds I took out the spawn tubes. I grinned as I waited for the TR to storm the place and wipe out the NC forces, which is what would have happened if it were VS assaulting the base. Gal drops would ensure that the NC woulnt stand a chance.
But the TR never came. No-one took advantage of the enemy lack of spawns. I got bored and decided to wander about the base to distract the NC, then eventualy they got it back up, and I went back there. In the end 6-7 NC took me out.

I was totaly shocked at the TR's total lack of vehicles, especialy galaxies. From the tower to thoth they WALKED.

Well done TR Emerald... o

Last edited by TeraHertz; 2004-01-05 at 02:54 PM.
Old 2004-01-05, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Shott
Private

Its not just TR Emerald...

I play a TR character on Markov (Used to be Johari) and I am still amazed the few times I log on at the fact that no single TR has an sense. My outfit and I are AMAZED. Either I always solo or I squad with my outfit, because of all the crap TR do.
Old 2004-01-05, 03:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Rayder
General

Misc Info

Obviously Sentrosi wasn't on with his magical Galaxy abilities
Old 2004-01-05, 03:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
xmodum
Colonel

im nc on emerald,TR do use gals and such, me and my squad were attacking cerychen from solsar, we held them of pretty good, we did lose becuz they were dropping troops and maxs from gals like crazy i got mad kizilze, but we still lost even tho my squad was pwning the TR ,hopfully becuz they were n00bs i would hate to be pwning a TR vet like that , but they beat us to solsar were we continued to pwn VS and TR at the same time
Old 2004-01-05, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
TeraHertz
Major

Sorry, I should add. They walked from the WARPGATE TOWER to Thoth. Not the Thoth tower. They could easily have loaded up gals in the WG.
Old 2004-01-05, 03:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

I wouldnt consider an excursion by a BR4 a reliable way to judge or experience the TR in any way shape or form
Old 2004-01-05, 03:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
TeraHertz
Major

Anything you say Oxo is said with red tinted glasses.
Old 2004-01-05, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Yeah sure man. As is obvious from my Sig, I dont play and thouroughly enjoy all 3 empires or anything..
Old 2004-01-05, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
xmodum
Colonel

yes queen, i feel that TR are the best in my opinion, only becuz i am on defence most of my playing time , and TR maxes are defence , but seeing as my best char's are NC and VS , i cant play it fully
Old 2004-01-05, 03:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Mognoc
Sergeant

On the flip side, (I'm NC, but I've got a TR character) I think the TR equipment is actually the best, the cycler is, IMHO, the best in the game, the Gauss leaves very little error room because of the small clip size, whereas the Cycler with its 50 clip is able to miss a lot of shots and still kill its enemy. The Repeater is the best pistol, ever tried to kill someone more then ten meters away with a MagScatter? All you guys bitching about how TR only lose because of their stuff is 200 percent pure dumbass.
Old 2004-01-05, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
xmodum
Colonel

Originally Posted by Mognoc
On the flip side, (I'm NC, but I've got a TR character) I think the TR equipment is actually the best, the cycler is, IMHO, the best in the game, the Gauss leaves very little error room because of the small clip size, whereas the Cycler with its 50 clip is able to miss a lot of shots and still kill its enemy. The Repeater is the best pistol, ever tried to kill someone more then ten meters away with a MagScatter? All you guys bitching about how TR only lose because of their stuff is 200 percent pure dumbass.

true
Old 2004-01-05, 03:41 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Mognoc
I haven't even played either of my TR characters for a while, but come on. I personally believe the cycler is the best as well, but it's certainly debatable. In the end, we are talking about a medium arm anyhow. Would you rather have the best heavy or the best medium? Oh that's right, you play NC. I guess the question is answered. I don't even think the MCG is getting the short end of the stick, but the JH obviously has it's merits in base/tower battles which other weapons are hard pressed to compete with.
Saying the Repeater is the best pistol is akin to saying that Grumpy was the best dwarf. I mean, you could be right but does it really matter? Only infiltrators are using pistols anyhow, and I would certainly argue that my kill rate is significantly higher when I jump to common pool over the empire specific pistols. Sure, I'll loot Repeaters and MagScatters when I get the chance specifically for the chance to kill people with their own weapons, but the AMP is just the best pistol for quick killing.
Old 2004-01-05, 03:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

He's rite! in all of my time spent as a TR i found the wepons quite effective other than the normal lack of AV power in the AV wepon, god they all suck so much against Vehicles (not Maxes or Air they do fine on those) it takes forever to kill somthing with a Pheonix, Striker or Lancer something needs to be done.
Anyway, the cycer just rips though things a medium to close range the guass realy sucks at it, (the pulsar too but its a bit better due to fire rate/clip size) and at range it has such a good COF And recoil it leaves the guass in the dust, the faster damage drop at range means little when it can pump you full of lead so fast.

I propose a buff of MA AR's(minus cycler) becasue thats what should be the backbone of the armed forces, right now its HA or bo owned (unless you have leet sweeper skills as Bio can testify to)

Tera Vash plays on markov.

Oh this is one hell of a flame magnet thread

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-01-05, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Oh this is one hell of a flame magnet thread
That was kinda my point. Play TR longer than BR4 and you will realize that the TR dont suck, nor do thier weapons suck
Old 2004-01-05, 04:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
TeraHertz
Major

Originally Posted by Queensidecastle
That was kinda my point. Play TR longer than BR4 and you will realize that the TR dont suck, nor do thier weapons suck

And there it goes. We have a winner.

Now would all the TR now shut the hell up and stop switching to NC. thanks.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion