How does the ranking work in your Outfit? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: my last quote what should I put?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-02-26, 08:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Liquidtide
Contributor
First Lieutenant

How does the ranking work in your Outfit?

Hi, I'm the second in command of a pretty large outfit on Emerald. I have been discussing with the leader of the outfit over the past 2 weeks or so to change our ranking structure to something more meaningful, as have others in the outfit. Without going into more detail I was wondering if some of you would post your rankings system, how to attain each rank and about how many in each postition in your outfit. I find it very hard to convince our leader that there is something better but I offten get shrugged off and told that the current system "is almost perfect". Well if it were why don't we have 3 of 8 positions filled?

So please help me with some info about your outfits and their rank structures.

Thanks,
~Tide
Old 2004-02-26, 09:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
JakeLogan
Major

Heres a quote from my outfit "Valen and Pyldrvr are in charge, Everyone else is equally worthless"
Old 2004-02-26, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Manitou
Contributor
Old War Horse

The Dragon Wolves base their in-game ranking structure on the team's overall ranking structure. In other words, since we had a running team prior to PS, we already had Officers in place. These Officers are selected by the current Officer's Corps based on service record, duration of service (typically over a year on the team actively), and participation levels. We then decide, it has to be unanimous within the Officer's Corps, by vote.

We have established a recruiting position to entrusted agents who are normally online a lot but also have proven their loyalty to the team based somewhat on the above standards. (Officers have the ability by virtue of their status to recruit.)

We have the following ranks established:
  • Admin Officer - CDL team admin officer, charter member
  • Chief Officer - charter members, honorary charter members of the CDL
  • Tac-Ops Officer - running CDL tactical assets team wide (TS2 server, scripts, technical assistance, etc)
  • Recruiting Officer - currently a recruiting officer and also a member of the PS War Council within the CDL
  • -CDL- Officer - current Officer in the -CDL-
  • Red Dragon Wolf - member in good standing
  • Black Dragon Wolf - alt characters
  • Dragon Wolf pup - recruits who have been invited to run the gauntlet of recruit application with us... this may not include all applicants
Hope that helps.

Manitou
"
On the plains of hesitation lie the bones of countless millions who, upon the dawn of victory, sat down to rest and resting, died."
<))><
Old 2004-02-26, 09:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
MuNsTeR
Sergeant Major

mine goes by what certs theyre based on, for example: support would be a higher ranking than grunt because its harder and mroe of a sacrifice
Old 2004-02-26, 09:47 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Bokuden
Contributor
Private

we (DRUCKWELLE) got a op and BR / CR focused system for the first 4 or 5 ranks - after that you only get a new rank after votes and so on....

we are large and only german speaking - if you understand german - check this out (if not - who cares, check it out - click the link under outfit - outfitpunkte ... this is just the system to show who's got the right to lead squads in all-day business atm to get cr-exp) www.vs-druckwelle.de we got a ranklist/outfitpoint list - something combined wit OP/BR/CR and a weekly op rank list - we have a outfitroster an much more....

Cheers
Old 2004-02-26, 10:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

in the outfit i use to own i gave out promotions for their
-Leadership
-Loyal to the outfit
-contributed ideas
-contributed points
-getting new members into the outfit
Old 2004-02-26, 10:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

This details SG's command structure. Enlistged persons gain enlisted rank for the amount of time in game (as tracked by the Division Officers of each Battle Group - they have the rank of Colonel). We have some non-commissioned officer ranks for specific purposes - our Sergeant Major rank is set aside for the recruiting officer.

Officers are promoted into the officer corps because command determined they were good leaders and made themselves available to lead (read: playtime). Command ranks start at second lieutenant. Officers, if they demonstrate their ability to lead and dedication can advance in time up to the rank of Captain. Other ranks are reserved and officers are appointed to those ranks - my rank of Major is used to oversee training and procedures.

No promotions in Sturmgrenadier depend on outfit points whatsoever.

Of course, on top of the Planetside portal (as well as the other portals) is Syndicate, who admin the site and make the big decisions.

Last edited by Vis Armata; 2004-02-26 at 10:22 AM.
Old 2004-02-26, 10:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

My outfit, Shadow Dynasty goes by how long you have been with the outfit and by your BR, CR and your outfit points.

Structure:

Private: New or no show for 30 days.
Corporal: 2500 outfit points.
Seargent: 5000 outfit points.
Master Seargent: 7500 outfit points and BR 20.
Leutinent: Bascially CR 2-3 and lead often, only the leader or the XO can give you this.
Captain: CR 4-5 and been with the outfit a long time and lead squads all the time.
Major: XO of the outfit, only 1 or 2 of these.
Colonel: Leader of the outfit, only one, Areth.

Old 2004-02-26, 10:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Wraithlord
Second Lieutenant

We decide our leaders by simple arena combat, we have a tournament between all potential leaders who want to be the master cheif and then we pair them off, then they kill each other, heal up, then go to the next round until we have a first in command ~
Old 2004-02-26, 10:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Wraithlord
We decide our leaders by simple arena combat, we have a tournament between all potential leaders who want to be the master cheif and then we pair them off, then they kill each other, heal up, then go to the next round until we have a first in command ~
That is the worst system i've ever heard of by far.

Old 2004-02-26, 10:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Liquidtide
Contributor
First Lieutenant

Ok, after hearing that I think it'll be more helpful to outline how we do things.

8- Recruit = Newbie (kicked out after 30 days inactivity)
7- Solider = A recruit that has played a good deal and proven their worth
6- Commando = has Ceng/Adv Med/Infil&Adv Hack and proven their battle worth (first level to be SLs)
5- Elite Commando = Obviously a good commando (we currently have no Elites)

4- Ground Support = Supposed to be anyone with more than 1 cert in ground troop transports or tanks (obviously the first rank to invite) proved loyal to outfit. (currently unfilled)
3- Air Support = can fly anything coordianates air raids, more loyalty to the outfit. (currently unfilled)
2- Tactical Officer = The highest leadership ability, usually your SLs and Platoon Leaders have say in outfit direction and promotions (we have 2 me + 1 other)
1- Leader = nuff said

I just think the ranks of commando - air support could be tweaked.

I like how our outfit does not put a BR/CR or outfit point threshhold on advancements but more ability and certs.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
~Tide

Last edited by Liquidtide; 2004-02-26 at 10:36 AM.
Old 2004-02-26, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Vis Armata
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Certs change, and confining members to a rank because of their certs might not be the best course of action. That's just my opinion though.
Old 2004-02-26, 10:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Queensidecastle
Contributor
Major

Our Generals are appointed by the Outfit leader and are not even elligable untill BR20/CR4+ They also need to have over 15000 OP and demonstrate leadership ability. The rest of the ranks are based on outfit point contribution
Old 2004-02-26, 11:37 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
Biff
Private

We use this system for our ranking. We would prefer to have a division based rank, but the SOE implementation of ranking just doesn't cut it. We plan to impose such on our website once we iron out who would lead what specialty.
Old 2004-02-26, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Wraithlord
Second Lieutenant

well that was my sad attempt at a joke, sorry silver if it didnt meet your expectations

our leader system is pretty simple, rankings are based on outfit points earned, and we DO actually watch the squad leaders and then vote for platoon leaders bi-monthly. The outfit leader is the creator of the outfit and is still one of the best cr5s I know in the game as far as thinking+playskill goes.

the arena combat is for settling disputes and after-zerg waiting for orders

as for you silver, go to hell
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion