PlanetSide Universe
PSU: WWHD
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2004-03-08, 02:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Drinky
Private

Anyone had this problem with option menu in PS?

Since I reinstalled and started playing again it just isn't there. Worked fine 3 months ago and everthing else in PS seems normal. Theres no mapping for the options menu in the keymappings screen and ESCAPE was mapped to "clear hud" by default. In trying to get ESC to bring up the options menu I deleted this binding so that now ESC isn't mapped at all according to this screen, and "clear hud" has no mapping at all. The key still works to cancel certain actions and close some windows. It doesn't seem possible to re-map escape as pressing escape cancels the keymapping action.

Most of the functionality of the options menu is coverd by the slash chat commands. The only thing that really sucks is that I cant adjust keymappings or mouse sensitivity, or even sound/music volume, without logging out of the game.

Is there a fix for this problem? Is there a config file or somthing that I can edit that stores the users keymappings (and has one for the options menu)?

Are there slash commands to bring up the options screen that has the keymappings and sound and video controls on it? If somthing like this was in there I wouldnt need the options menu at all.
Old 2004-03-08, 02:29 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Phaelon
Master Sergeant

I honestly don't know how to bring that back up and re-enable the Esc key to do what is needed of it. All I can offer is try a FULL SCAN of all PS files, see if it will over write its default files. You can also try searching if you can find the config file and then delete it, then run a FULL SCAN and it should replace it.

After all that a Re-Install should fix it for you, just make sure when you un-install it you completely delete the folder PS was in, that way to make sure no configs are left behind.
Old 2004-03-08, 03:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

tHere is a set to defualt key someware i think, if that deosn't work then you have to reinstall

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-03-08, 08:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Drinky
Private

Thanks for the help. I think somthing from my old install was messing with it, I still had all the user files sitting on my hard drive when I reinstalled the first time. I uninstalled, deleted the left over crap and reinstalled and it actually fixed other problems I was having with performence.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum