An idea for CE troops - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Line for stalking eMa, begins here.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-11, 08:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
noodles
Private

An idea for CE troops

Just a thought... how about either for the boomer or the HE proxy mine (or both), having the option to switch between frag/jammer/plasma? Being able to set a mine field of plasma proxy mines could have some great uses in battle.

If it were for the boomer it should have a greater area of effect. And maybe (for the jammer boomer) a longer time of effect.

A jammer mine would be used mostly for an infultrator CE troop say gaurding a CC or a gen to take out DL for someone trying to resecure and so forth.

anyway nothing too life changing, just an idea.

thoughts?
Old 2004-03-12, 07:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

I'm sure it's come up before and I hope it's something the devs are working on to improve the support roles.
Old 2004-03-13, 08:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

Why improve Combat Engineer? Is it not good enough already? I would improved Advanced Medic, if anything.
Old 2004-03-14, 03:13 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
BigFreak
Sergeant Major

I think balance would be a big issue here. It's not like plasma 'nades don't rape as it is, but if one clueless guy walks blindly through a field of plasma mines, and his team mates are anywhere close behind him...well, yea, it wouldn't be pretty.
Old 2004-03-14, 03:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Happy lil Elf
Contributor
Colonel

CE needs a boost in what it allows someone to do. Spitfires for instance, while far from useless, have a range shorter than your average person is capavbe of throwing a baseball. Laying mines is great and all but there is so much more they could do with the cert.

Advanced medic could definately use work as well, as could the regular Hacking cert since as it is there is no reason to get Hacking, unless as a precursor to Adv Hacking. Three cert points to get a small increase in hacking speed and to be able to hack lockers makes no sense. I'll never understand why they changed it in the first place.

Its eating it's food. (Incorrect use of apostrophes specifically for UV)
"Oni wont get banned, unless you get banned. Its a 2 man ticket."-Hamma to TekDragon re: his request to ban Oni. Life is good.
Old 2004-03-14, 07:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

I'll never understand why they changed it in the first place.
Me neither, unless no-one was using the advanced infiltrator cert because they didn't need it. I mean, it's not that often you get to hack a vehicle, most common use is of course AMSs (mmm nothing beats the feeling of nabbing an AMS under the noses of 20 enemy soldiers).

What they could do, is make Hacking give the same hacking speed as advanced hacking and perhaps the ability to hack medical terms.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion