Personal PlanetSide Pet Peeves - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: A third implant? But I already got 2.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-12, 03:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Unknown
First Sergeant

Personal PlanetSide Pet Peeves

PlanetSide is an awesome game, but there are a couple of things that consistantly bother me when they happen to me. Mainly, I hate having no control over my death, so just about anything that instantly kills you without chance of defense or retribution really chafes me.

Things that irritate me are
  • Getting OSed - I do however have the ability to run from these, and I don't tend to die from these too often, but when I do I am usually rather irritated.
  • Getting Flailed - Harder to avoid dying to these, but you still can avoid the shots in some cases, and you do have the ability to retaliate by retracing the orbs. Enemy flails don't bother me nearly as much as Flail TKs though. I don't know why but there's something about dying to a friendly flail that is ten times more irritating than dying to an enemy one.
  • Getting Camped - Spawn tubes mainly, waiting for your spawn timer to count down just to die the instant you spawn is one of the more annoying things in the game. Tower camping also bugs me, you know, where you get surrounded by 5 tanks and they all just hang out outside lobbing insta-death through the doors? Yeah, that bugs me just a little .
Two things that really bug me though are:
  • Getting Telefragged - This often happens fresh after a spawn (whether in the caverns or via a Router which are often deployed near AMSes), where you run through a teleporter and someone follows hot on your heels and *zap* nothing but charred ashes and a respawn button. Can't you wait 2 friggin seconds for me to get through and dash off the pad before you follow through?
  • Vehicle deconstructing - You know, when you're driving a vehicle seemingly way clear of the pad, only to get zapped when someone spawns a vehicle. I have adapted my tactics and try to steer way clear of vehicle pads, but sometimes I think I'm clear, or I'm flying over at mach 3 and get zapped anyways. I mean, c'mon, isn't 20m just a little bit much? What's this there for anyways? Also, to a lesser extent, door proximity deconstructing is annoying, but at least they have the courtesy to boot you from the vehicle instead of telefragging you inside. This doesn't happen too often, but with larger vehicles it sometimes happens without you even realizing it, mainly with Galaxies. I don't fly them often but occasionally when I have the cert I'll park it near a tower only to have my wing be too close to the door and bye-bye hard-to-come-by Galaxy.
Anyhow, those are my pet peeves, what are yours?

Last edited by Unknown; 2004-03-12 at 03:26 AM.
Old 2004-03-12, 07:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
JakeLogan
Major

TR MAXs have to be immobile to be as effective TTK wise with other MAXs.
Old 2004-03-12, 09:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by JakeLogan
TR MAXs have to be immobile to be as effective TTK wise with other MAXs.
Agreed, thats the stupidest thing..

Old 2004-03-12, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

Getting TKed continuously by friendlys (im a cloaker)
Old 2004-03-12, 09:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Foxd1e
Private

quite simply, vanu n00bs, yes iam a vanu, it seems to me (on werner) the vanu has alot of n00bs, the amount of times iam lasher'd in the back is unbelievable, if im running up the stairs a guy comes in front of me, why fskin shoot at the guy through me just gay
Old 2004-03-12, 09:58 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Black
Lieutenant Colonel

indeed that goes the same with TR on emerald
Old 2004-03-12, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Desperado
Staff Sergeant

My FPS
Old 2004-03-12, 03:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Wraithlord
Second Lieutenant

my pet peeve is thumper users

Ive never seen a bigger bunch of morons in an online game than the packs of TR on markhov who use thumpers, they constantly cause our tower attacks to fail by poping a plasma grenade into us when we are fighting people, I mean really, cant you just fking wait until you have a clear feild of fire before you fire a weapon as destructive as that?

it may seem on but that one really gets me, because one night we got pushed off a continent because 2 newbs were bouncing plasma grenades off the walls back into us, instead of bouncing them up or down the stairs, luckily they left after screaming like retards saying "WTF WHY DI I GET 200GRIEF FOR ONE GRENADE" and "GOD THIS GAME SUCKS WHY CANT I FIRE MY GUN" how can anybody be this stupid?

my other pet peeve is people in aircraft running me over when they fail to kill me with their main weapons. I mean really, they have about 20X more health as I do, and they have weapons that do tons of damage but they suck so horribly that they cant hit a footman with 32 rockets splash damage, so they ram him...

my last one is also strange, but I get REALLY annoyed when an infil fails to kill me with a full clip of an amp into my back when Im using a phoenix or sniping. Would you like to know why this is? Well personally I played infil 90% of the time up until a month ago and then I switched to NC, it anoyys me greatly when a class I consider to be elite stealth assasin/covert ops/skillful is used by a dweeb who cant hit something that isnt moving from a foot away with 15 bullets out of 30, the dweeb who, most likely, after I turn around and kill him with my knife after poping a health pack, goes onto the official forums and bitches about how much infils suck and that they should beef them.

like any of you read all that
Old 2004-03-12, 03:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Subterfuge
Corporal

• I also hate OS's, For some reason , They always happen the exact instant I spawn from an AMS. Oh look I lagged, oh look im dead, hurray
  • Tanks running me over. They run you over and you get 40+ grief, woop-de-doo
  • Reaver pilots, I hate them. Mainly because most of them just spam rockets at lonely infantry but run at the sight of 3 or more guys
  • People who spam, the "You cant beat me/Zero Chance" voice command after they pitifully killed you, egomaniac bastard.
  • People consistent on getting between my crosshairs.
  • People consistent on running in front of me on a bridge while I'm driving a vehicle.
  • People who shouldn't be allowed to drive, ever. Example: Driving a liberator into a tree causing it to be upside down and end up bombing itself.
Old 2004-03-12, 07:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
jedi
Staff Sergeant

- Getting grief when a friendly runs into me
- When I'm sniping and my crosshairs are on an enemy and I miss
- Reaver pilots who rocket spam infantry
- People who use the lancer/phoenix as an AI weapon.
- People who shoot my dead body after they've killed me.
- The respawn system, "The frequency of your deaths has slowed your respawn time by 15 seconds" just pisses me off.
Old 2004-03-12, 07:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

You.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-03-12, 07:34 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
SpunkJackel
Corporal

To keep it simple, the entire Vanu Empire. I wish I were the only Vanu..sigh
Old 2004-03-12, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Kaymon
Master Sergeant

Surge crybabies.
Old 2004-03-12, 10:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Acaila
First Lieutenant

The idiots who come to repair at the same pad as me under full afterburn and slam into me, often blowing up my battered helijet.
Old 2004-03-13, 02:10 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I hate running into a MAX because I don't have anything to kill them with but, it's not something I hate just something that I try to avoide.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion