Core Combat? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You can't make me.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-13, 10:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
jondotg
Private

Core Combat?

I had played the original planetside a while ago, and then I unsubscribed and uninstalled it after my 1 month. I am now trying to play, but when I installed it, the lauch pad syas Core Combat Beta, and I was just wondering if regular planetside was still offered, and if so, how do I play it. If not, then what stores carry core combat, cause Best Buy and Wal-Mart don't have it. And How much does it cost? thnx
Old 2004-03-13, 11:26 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

I know this was before you came into IRC so I'm just recapping.

Core Combat is an expansion for Planetside. It's only on the front cover of the launchpad because a)it makes a change b)It's subliminal messaging to get you to buy Core Combat.... ok maybe not b.

You don't have to buy it, but if you do you get access to new weapons, vehicles and the core combat caverns. If you don't buy it, you can just get on with your daily Planetside life
Old 2004-03-13, 11:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

if i may make a suggestion. I wouldnt waste 30$. Its fun but its not worth 30$ it should have just been a patch instead of a new game.

Old 2004-03-13, 11:45 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
jondotg
Private

thanks
Old 2004-03-13, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

If it had been a patch it would have never have seen the light of day LimpBIT
Old 2004-03-13, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Veteran
Contributor
Lieutenant Colonel

If the inept management who spent more time diddling their secretaries and hiring their retarded relatives answered for this expansion, justice would be served.

Thus, Raph Koster. May he learn the taste of food shelter produce, the arrogant son of a bitch.

edit: Yah, my comment crossed over into SW:G. Sue me.

"Blessed are those who Hunger and Thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied." - Jesus Christ

PlanetSide player, retired
Old 2004-03-13, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Batousai
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Lartnev
If it had been a patch it would have never have seen the light of day LimpBIT
Im glad they didn't make it a patch then everyone would have a Flail ( i really hate the Flail)

NERF THE FLAIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 2004-03-13, 05:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

i wuold reccomned taht u dont buy core combat. its a waste of $30. u can still enjoy planetside with out the expansion.
Old 2004-03-14, 03:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
BigFreak
Sergeant Major

I've bought it, and barely used it since I have. The opertunities to get weapons such as the Maelstrom are few and far between (but it is nice to use; blind lashy grenady kills are always lovely). But as it stands I wouldn't buy it. Maybe wait for the CC changes that are coming up, if people are playing it then, gogo.
Old 2004-03-19, 06:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
CorDharel
Corporal

Can you tell me if it got better? And where is the entry to this mysterious "caverns"?
Old 2004-03-19, 08:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

Core Combat is a great expansion IF you can get the people down there.

However, the release of CC was so buggy and they had so many problems with geo-warps etc. for a lukewarm product that wasn't as advertised that people shunned it, thereby exposing it's biggest flaw: they're insanely boring when there's nobody there (same is true of surface continents, to be fair). The fact that there are 4 spawn points down there is borderline ludicrous as well...it doesn't take that much to knock out an AMS. You think they would have noticed this as every playtest in Beta was "don't kill the enemy AMSes" but hey, at least they can say they tried an expansion. Pity it was so poorly deployed/received as to probably kill off any other expansion that might be attempted.

Access to the Core is accomplished by the Geowarps on the continents. Only 8 have an active one at any given time and there's 2 caverns active.
Old 2004-03-19, 08:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Apparently there was a nice Henhau (or something) fight on Emerald yesterday, NC CR5s kept spamming us to get down there.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion