What ever happen to the shadow of Auraxis Movie? - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pleese report speling erors
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-14, 06:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
krayons
Sergeant

What ever happen to the shadow of Auraxis Movie?

Old 2004-03-14, 06:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

http://www.malvision.com/file_list.php?gameid=22
Old 2004-03-14, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Kaymon
Master Sergeant

Exclamation

We cancelled production after episode 1. The bugs in the game (more than just the animation culling, we know it's gone), coupled with the fact that dealing with 40+ people at once is like herding cats, and our director (who does 100% of the filming and editing) has a life outside his computer, pretty much stopped production itself.

There does, however, remain a chance that we'll return and finish it. But not for awhile. Planetside needs some time to grow before it'll be worth the time.

And no, I won't post the script.
Old 2004-03-14, 08:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Lonehunter
Lieutenant General

Yeah I thought it really sucked when they created a huge hype then it got scrapped. bummer
And if you back in 2003 decided you wanted to play RTS games, between then and now you'd have dozens of RTS games you could have played. If you decided to play MMOFPS' between then and now, there were none
Old 2004-03-14, 10:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
XxXMaRiNeXxX
Staff Sergeant

I didnt even get to see the first one, it says thiers a cap on the number of downloads I can have...
Old 2004-03-14, 10:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Brigadier General

Misc Info

Canceled after the first epiosde.
Old 2004-03-15, 10:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Phaden
Contributor
Major

yeh i agree, the trailer had me all pumped and got watched quite a bit. I even showed my non planteside friends it and they thought it was really cool. But now that its gone it sucks, as the trailer seemed really cool and i wanted to see how they portrayd the vanu.
Old 2004-03-15, 11:24 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

That's pretty damn lame. Like LoneHunter said... they got us all hyped up and gave us teaser-trailers, and here we are frothing at the mouth like rabid dogs or screaming like girls at an N'Sync concert...

and they puss out and say "Well we cancelled it. The game sucks." Didn't see that one coming.
Old 2004-03-15, 01:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Wraithlord
Second Lieutenant

Well the game DOES suck from a game-movie makers perspective. That thing about herding cats is escpecially acurate, even with teamspeak its a pain in the ass to get squadmembers to move together and give covering fire, I cant imagine how difficult it must be to get people to do that sort of thing for scenes in a movie involving precise movments. Besides twitchy people you have the lag delays, ever notice how when your trying to fly in formation people keep speeding up and slowing down? yeah, thats not them its the lag, so much for coordinated flying.

P.S. have any of you seen that commercial with the cowboys herding the cats, thats the BEST commercial ever, even though I dont remember what they were trying to sell
Old 2004-03-15, 09:17 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Miir
Malvision

I completely agree Planetside is not a good filming medium unfortunately. Not since beta.

SOA Trailer took: about 8 hours to film over a few Saturdays and about 30 minutes to edit. For about 1:30 clip.

SOA Episode 1 took: 50+/- hours of filming/re-takes, 10 hours to Edit, 40+/- hours to create custom music, 30+/- hours of custom post effects/artwork, 4 hours to render the film at all stages. For a max total of 134 hours to produce an 8 min clip.

Basically I found out that I don't have that amount of time to spend on a hobby. Though I wish it paid my bills and kept my friends and family occupied but... it does not. So it's on hold.

I was hoping SOA would spawn a lot more big productions I've spent a lot of time reading the offical forums and PSU but all I've seen is a lot of talking and no producing. It's been 3 months since the release of the first episode of Shadows of Auraxis why hasn't anyone done some more large productions? Could it be it takes too long? Have I missed the release of other large production?

Please hook me up with some linkage
Old 2004-03-15, 09:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Hamma
PSU Admin

Nobody has done anything because they are waiting for SOA2

PlanetSide Universe - Administrator / Site Owner - Contact @ PSU
Hamma Time - Evil Ranting Admin - DragonWolves - Commanding Officer
Old 2004-03-15, 09:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Miir
Malvision

Please don't wait... it may be a long time.
Old 2004-03-15, 09:26 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Kaymon
Master Sergeant

A really frickin long time.
Old 2004-04-07, 10:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
ZeroRaven
Private

Is there anywhere the first movie can be downloaded? I'm sure someone must've gotten it.
Old 2004-04-07, 10:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I have it

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion