Minor CE issues - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Didn't I wear this shirt the day after yesterday?
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-03-15, 09:30 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Minor CE issues

Okay, I'm trying to work out the different issues that are either ongoing or popping up with deployables. Some of them seem like simple fixes, some I have no idea.

1. After triggering a boomer, a new ACE does not pop into your pistol slot. I still have no idea why this is the case.

2. Motion sensors seem to do nothing any longer. Either they aren't alerting people that they've been detected, or they're just window dressing at the moment. You can run past them full speed without ever getting the 'radar' icon.

3. Spitfires seem to be misfiring more often than usual. I've watched a spitfire pump rounds out at a stationary cloaker inside an interlink for 20+ seconds without the cloaker dying. I ended up setting up a second spitfire which did take him out.

4. Mine placement is dodgy at times. If a mine has recently detonated in an area, the game seems to still recognize it's placement as if it's still there. You can be nowhere near an active deployable and still get the message that you're in the interference range of an active deployable.
Old 2004-03-15, 09:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

That boomer problem pisses me off too, I want fast boomers. I haven't tested the rest of those issues though.

Old 2004-03-15, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Majik
Contributor
Sergeant Major

Agreed that a replacement ACE should pop in place once a boomer has detonated, opening the inventory to get another could get the inf killed.

Glad to see I am not imagining that all the Sensors I am placing don't seem to be doing anything anymore. I place a huge sensor net on a base/tower, only to have an armored target come right in and no one know he is running through blasting people.

My issue with some mines is that you occasionally come up to an nme mine, hit it with 6 jammers, shoot the hell out of it, and it just sits there....until you walk past it..then BOOM.
Old 2004-03-15, 02:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

yea the boomer prob sux and the motion alarms do nothing
Old 2004-03-15, 03:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

5. Mines seem to detonate about 50% of the time without actually damaging vehicles.
Old 2004-03-15, 04:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
BlackHawk
Staff Sergeant

Is it just me, or do mines 1 shot MAXes now?

I've always had the "no replacement ACE after boomer" thing, though. I thought it was natural since the item in your holster is a trigger, rather than an ACE.
Old 2004-03-15, 04:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by BlackHawk
Is it just me, or do mines 1 shot MAXes now?
It's not just you, the new mine damage is a huge shaft to MAXs.
Old 2004-03-15, 04:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

MAXs do usually have a better chance of avoiding them though as they move so slow, not saying 1 mine should kill em though (at least not unless it kills infantry in one go too).

And I think what they mean is after you've pressed the trigger, you get out a new ACE. Which makes sense.
Old 2004-03-15, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
BlackHawk
Staff Sergeant

Oh that's what I meant too, Lartnev. You press the trigger and lose it. The game, wanting to replace your item, looks for a new trigger, but doesnt find one, so it doesn't put anything in your holster. Or maybe its like the Decimator, and simply doesn't want to replace it. Either way, I definitely agree, a new ACE should go in your holster.
Old 2004-03-15, 04:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

Did they ever bother to fix the bug with boomers where they won't do anything unless placed on the floor? I remembered people being highly upset that when they put boomers onto walls and on the top of doors that the detonations did nothing. I really dislike that all an enemy has to do is look at his feet to get around a trap you set.

I agree that an ACE should be added to the Inventory (if you have another ACE and no more triggers) after a boomer has been detonated. It happens with the other 3 deployables and while the boomer is a bit different, it should still follow the same general rules.
Old 2004-03-15, 04:55 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

I do remember that bug Krinsath but I can't remember if they fixed it, best way is to try it on yourself.
Old 2004-03-15, 05:08 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

It's still there, although I'm not sure they consider it a bug. You can still kill people with a boomer placed on a wall, although they have to be really stinking close to the wall for it to work. It's good for a laugh on occasion, that's about it. Ceiling boomers are completely useless. Apparently the explosion just goes upwards regardless of boomer placement, so ceiling boomers just go into the ceiling.

For a stupid boomer trick, try this:

4 boomers on the part of the wall that the phalanx turret sits on, just above the little outcropping (you place from ground level outside the base). Even though they're nowhere near the turret, 4 boomers will kill the turret. I can't take credit for it, a friend found it. I also can't find any true use for it.
Old 2004-03-15, 06:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Lithpope
Corporal

I know this is perhaps not the thread but, I sure wish that mines within a base got a resistance check against Jammer grenade or CR 3 EMP and only blew up a certain percentage of the time. Irritates me all to hell to spend precious time setting up a well placed minefield and some cr3 cloak kills it in about 2 seconds flat.

On the plus side with mines doing more damage you do not have to place as tight of a minefield as you used to if your intended target is vehicles, htus saving at least a section of your field.
Old 2004-03-15, 06:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Cauldron Borne
Captain

^ taking out manned turrets as you get too close to the wall for the turret to nail you. Also, it would be safer than gettin into the base as a cloaker and trying to nail the turret from behind, could be spotted. I'll have to try that.

As for motion sensors: they catch cloakers, nothin else, not even reguler foot infantry. And mines will one-shot a mossy, too. Really annoying to me because i like to hug the terrain in an effort to keep missle locks off me.

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-03-15, 07:12 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Krinsath
Sergeant Major

Another annoyance with mines:

If you set up proximity mines on a bridge and an aircraft (or mag/thresher/deliverer I suppose) goes under the bridge, it will detonate the mines on top. Don't know what happens if friendlies get caught in the blast, but that could be a lot of undeserved grief...imagine if you mined a bridge to hell and it blew up a vanguard convoy because a mag just went under the bridge.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion