Relocate cert bundles idea - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: wax on, wax off.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-04-14, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
Nereid
Corporal

Relocate cert bundles idea

I was thinking some vehicles should be moved around in the certs to better match them together. I think the Lightning should be moved to the armored assault cert as it is a tank after all plus it would give peopled certed in armor assault more then one vehicle to use. As it stands armored assault only gives you 1 vehicle if you dont have CC and even if you do have CC you wont be able to use the Flail too often. Then you could use light and medium tanks respectively with one certifacation this way. The ATV and harasser certs should then be done away with and all be included in the light scout cert and reduce that certs cost to 2 cert points. It makes more since to have those three vehilces together as their all fast scout vehicles and all where orginially 2 cert vehilcles. Off the topic the Lightning could use a small boost to its armor and the damage of the 75mm cannon. Please let me know what you all think any maybe add your own ideas on mixing certifacations
Old 2004-04-14, 09:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

I actually agree with you on the cert bundles. It makes the cert more unique and lets you use a Light Tank as well as a Heavy Tank for the different situations you encounter.

The Lightning doesn't need an armor buff but I do think the damage done to troops and vehicles should be upped.

Old 2004-04-14, 12:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Originally Posted by SilverLord
I actually agree with you on the cert bundles. It makes the cert more unique and lets you use a Light Tank as well as a Heavy Tank for the different situations you encounter.

The Lightning doesn't need an armor buff but I do think the damage done to troops and vehicles should be upped.
Would help the sunderer too if the 75mm got a bit of a boost
Old 2004-04-14, 01:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Nereid
Corporal

Anyone know how much damage the 75mm does atm? It ususally kills a MAX in about 4 direct hits. For that matter does anyone have vehicle HP and weapons damage stat charts like how I see infantry weapons do.
Old 2004-04-14, 02:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
TheN00b
Colonel

Hmm, pretty good ideas for a private. Stick around, man.
Old 2004-04-14, 04:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by TheN00b
Hmm, pretty good ideas for a private. Stick around, man.
Agreed but why you gotta point it out dork?

Old 2004-04-14, 04:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

no keep i would move the lighting and rever to a 5 point cert called Cavalry make light scout the ATV/Harraser like you said, armored assult is fine as is, the tank used to cost 3points anyway this way you get the flail as a bonas.

Though fo Weapons/armor we could hve some bundles

Special Ops. SA & bolt driver for 5pts

Heavy Infantry HA and AV for 6 cp

Covert Ops Infil Suit CE, and Adv. Hacking for 10(includes base certs)

open to more eloboration, they woudl still be avialible Ale carte, therey could be a lot mor eof them and some could over lap, also you could pick up only 1 of those Weapons groups so you can get every thing

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-04-14, 09:44 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
TheN00b
Colonel

Agreed but why you gotta point it out dork?

*Is confuzzled*
Old 2004-04-14, 10:02 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Old 2004-04-15, 01:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
LimpBIT
Lieutenant Colonel

good ideas i would mind seeing those cert bundles go into play. I wouldnt mind having another recert patch either

Old 2004-04-15, 01:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Nereid
I was thinking some vehicles should be moved around in the certs to better match them together. I think the Lightning should be moved to the armored assault cert as it is a tank after all plus it would give peopled certed in armor assault more then one vehicle to use. As it stands armored assault only gives you 1 vehicle if you dont have CC and even if you do have CC you wont be able to use the Flail too often. Then you could use light and medium tanks respectively with one certifacation this way. The ATV and harasser certs should then be done away with and all be included in the light scout cert and reduce that certs cost to 2 cert points. It makes more since to have those three vehilces together as their all fast scout vehicles and all where orginially 2 cert vehilcles. Off the topic the Lightning could use a small boost to its armor and the damage of the 75mm cannon. Please let me know what you all think any maybe add your own ideas on mixing certifacations
I like these ideas and they make sense. But, I might break them down as follows:

Empire Tank + Flail + Lightning = 4 cert point "Armored Calvary" cert
Empire Tank + Flail = 3 cert point "Armored Assault" cert
Lightning + Harasser = 3 cert point "Light Scout"

Basalisk + Wraith + Harasser + SwitchBlade = 2 cert point ATV cert

Harasser cert = delete

I'd preserve the current Armored Assault and Light Scout bundles so as not to nerf away someone's favorite cert configuration. This way no one gets "screwed over" and more options are added. The only thing going away here would be the pure harasser only cert, but I dont think anyone with that cert would mind having the new ATV cert bundle for the same 2 cert points.
Old 2004-04-15, 02:17 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Jaged
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I like all the ideas in this thread. They get Mario's hump of approval.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion