Thumbs up or down poll for the Flail - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Sporkfire > All
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

View Poll Results: Do you give the Flail a thumbs up or thumbs down?
Thumbs up! The flail adds to game play 33 50.77%
Thumbs down! The flail detracts from game play 32 49.23%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2004-04-14, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Thumbs down Thumbs up or down poll for the Flail

From various other posts here and on the official forums there is a lot of ire over the flail. And it got me wondering how many people actually think the addition of the flail was a good idea.

I thought I�d take a simple thumbs up or thumbs down poll to determine if you either like the flail and think it adds quality to game play or if you dislike the flail and think it hurts the game.

Also, this is not a poll to determine if things had been done differently. It's an opinion poll on how the flail currently works... in other words don't vote yes or no with a conditional. E.G. Yes, if the nerf it or No, it needs more power.
Old 2004-04-14, 11:15 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
BIGTROJANMAN
First Sergeant

i dont give a rats ass. cause i never use it and only been killed 4 times by one if people like to use the fail as an artilery based weapon its cool with me.
Old 2004-04-14, 11:20 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

I think it is time we had conventional artillary though. The flail if used correctly can end a battle very quickly. Just have 3 flails shell the three exits of the base and the enemy cant get out. Boom you have the CY.
Old 2004-04-14, 11:46 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Not voting, people have been asking for artillery for a long time, and I think the game deserves some form of artillery, limiting it by needing a tech plant and an expansion was inadvertantly a good idea.

I just think it needs more work, something to prevent the lone person from dominating a base. Perhaps the flail should required targetting information from a laser to fire? Perhaps it should have a greater arc? I dunno.
Old 2004-04-14, 11:49 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
HawkEye
Major

Misc Info

i hate the flail. i have been klled by a friendly flail more than an enemy flail has killed me.
Old 2004-04-14, 12:10 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Madcow
Lieutenant Colonel

Worst thing they ever put in the game.
Old 2004-04-14, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Acaila
First Lieutenant

^^ Completely agree.
Old 2004-04-14, 12:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Napsterr
Private

/agree with madcow
Old 2004-04-14, 01:09 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
MrPaul
Major

Got CC. Used Flail about 3 times. Couldn't hit a thing.

Forget your conditionals: I want it to be better to tell if you're NEAR whet your shooting at, or if some unknown hill or wall is in your LoF (as it's artillery you often shoot from miles away, and cant see what you're shooting) ...
Old 2004-04-14, 02:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Vick
Second Lieutenant

Its well balanced, and I dont see to many of them because of the v-mod deal. Seems cool to me.
Old 2004-04-14, 02:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
TheN00b
Colonel

I hate them with a passion. On the occasion that a bunh of n00bs get together and start Flail-spamming a base, you're screwed. It doesn't matter that the n00b's combined grief is a five-digit number. It doesn't matter that the n00b's collective skills levels wouldn't be enough to take down a Standard Armor with a Reaver. All that matters is that you will be killed randomly, easily, and frustrating, time and time again. 'Nuff said.
Old 2004-04-14, 02:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Lunchbox42
Private

Well, I've had an idea for retooling the flail for awhile.

I think that they should make it be a one person vehicle, that requires no-one to shoot. The idea behind it is, you would go and deploy it on a hill somewhere near a base. Grab a laze target--which would be bound to the flail--Go and laze a target, and the flail would attack the lazed target for however long the laze is up (about 6 seconds now I think, probably enough for 3 good shots).

This new system would actually make use of the laze, and not allow people to just set up a laze near a tower or base, and completely dominate it just by firing at anything that moves.

Also, this system would stop friendly-flailing almost immidiately. By only shooting a few shots at once, an infiltrator could just walk up to a vehicle term, laze it, and destroy all enemies, but not just continue firing after the courtyard was taken by friendlies.

Also, this system would make flails MUCH easier to counter. Because there is no actual driver, you would be able to destroy a flail simply by following the shots, and attacking the flail.

I think this idea would even more-so suppress bases, because it would be much more accurate, but covert-ops would have a chance to take out the flails. This would make the whole flail idea much more balanced.

Just my two cents, I really doubt the dev team would even look at the idea because all the kill-whores love the flail as it currently is implimented, but hey, a guy can dream.

-Lunchbox
Old 2004-04-14, 02:59 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Batousai
Staff Sergeant

Originally Posted by Lunchbox42
........ you would be able to destroy a flail simply by following the shots, and attacking the flail.-Lunchbox
I do that any ways
Old 2004-04-14, 03:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Red October
Second Lieutenant

Nothing like a pack of infils and one of them throws a jammer at it. The guy thinks "I'm going to nail that infil", jumps out with a spam weapon, heads in the direction of the jammer...only to be taken down by the rest of the pack.

Or if you feel mischievious, throw a jammer, he jumps out, you shoot him with your weak assed pistol, he heads your direction, you yank out a nade and drop it just as he finishes you off.
Old 2004-04-14, 04:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
SilverLord
Lieutenant Colonel

I like it. It does add a lot to gameplay and it's easy to take out the person weilding the weapon too. Just rocket spam and they = done.

PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion