PSU: OOOH! Button!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2004-05-05, 07:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
General. lee
Corporal

any1 have a VPr Matrix destop?

sry guys i apologize my system threads about my computer are probaly getting anoying to some. but anyways just want to know if any1 out there owns a VPr Matrix desktop computer? just want to know so i can see how PS runs for you with DDR PC2100 ram or if u know what to get for to run it smooth?

also i posted this in game discussion so if u already posted in the other one dont post here so i dont get confused..............plz
Old 2004-05-05, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

With enough RAM, it will run pretty good as long as your system doesn't suck. Still, you will notice a difference between 2100 and 3200. I really think you should get a new PC.
Old 2004-05-05, 07:35 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
General. lee
Corporal

well runninf 1024 pc2100 ramm on a scale of 1-10 ow much lag will i get?
Old 2004-05-05, 08:13 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
General. lee
Corporal

also dscytherulez i have my system spes here!

2.0 GHz intel pentium 4 processor
1024MB (by next week)
100GB
7200RPM Hard Drive
64MB DDR Geforce2 GTS-V
AGP graphics card
sound blaster 5.1
v.92 modem

what do i need to run it smooth im asking know because im wating to try it after i get my 1024MB!
Old 2004-05-05, 08:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I relay agree with Dscythe its time for a new comp, the gig will help alot but our Graphics card if is geforce2 thats is about 4 generations of cards behind.

on a 1-10 scale 0 being no FPs and 10 being 300

yours is probably .5 and will become a 1-1.5

mine is a 4

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-05-06, 02:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Definately time for a video card upgrade dude... that one is SO old...
Since your card was introduced, nVidia has released the GeForce 3 line, the GeForce 4 line, the GeForce 5000 series, and are just now releasing the GeForce 6000 series. So, yeah... its definately outdated.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2004-05-06, 02:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
dscytherulez
Lieutenant Colonel

Yeah, with a new card it would run pretty good.

My scale from 1 (being 1 FPS) to 10 (being 200) would probably be a solid 5, possibly 6. Those numbers coming from sanc, not zerg of course. I'd probably guess you'd see an average of 80-100+ FPS (with the new video card, if you got a really nice one). You definately would see a bigger improvement than that with a new computer and faster ram though.
Old 2004-05-06, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
General. lee
Corporal

can u recamend a new card ?
Old 2004-05-06, 09:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

yes but i don't know if your Comp can support a new card as thaat is probably an AGP 2x or maybe 4x if your lucky.

FOr you i woudl say a 9600pro for a video card

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-05-06, 11:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Lise
Second Lieutenant

What's your model number? If it's part of the FT series, they come with 4x AGP standard. You could throw a GeForce 6800 GT in there without problem (what I plan to do, actually.)
Old 2004-05-07, 11:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
General. lee
Corporal

i have the VPr Matrix model 2020, do you need more info before you can tell if i can get the geforce 6800?
Old 2004-05-08, 12:38 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Lise
Second Lieutenant

Mmm. I think you have a 4-speed AGP slot in there... not sure.

Open up your Display properties, go to Settings, hit Advanced, and click on your video card tab (should be a GeForce 2 GTS.) It should say what kind of AGP bus you're using.

(For the record folks, his mobo's a Intel-manufactured D845BGL/LABEBGSTD2 - uses a i845GL chipset, I think. Does anyone know if those boards came with AGP 4x standard? He clearly has at least AGP 2x...)
Old 2004-05-08, 02:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Marsman
Major

If you want a good idea how cards stack up against each other, take a look at this link from Toms Hardware which is a benchmark chart for Unreal. You can basically see the "generations" of video cards. Should give you an idea what does what. Incidently, that chart doesn't include the new GeForce 6800 series nor the new ATI Radion X800 series. Nor does it even include the GeForce 3 (roughly GF4-440Mx level) and the GF2 - which is about half the speed of that. Biggest thing you could do for performance with your current system is a new video card. The rest of your machine is fine.
Old 2004-05-08, 03:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
General. lee
Corporal

i do have the geforce2 GTS and i dont no what you mean by what type of bus AGP im using it says Bus: AGP thats it, do u need to know like the numbers and on board memory and stuff? or what?
Old 2004-05-08, 10:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Marsman
Major

Your bus choices would be: PCI or AGP - It would appear you have an AGP card (which is the norm in this day and age) so any of the video cards (other than those very new ones with the PCIex bus) would plug into your system fine.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum