System Idle Processes - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: You have Been awareded 100 BEP for visiting this site for the first time.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum

Old 2004-05-21, 01:56 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
_-Gunslinger-_
First Sergeant

System Idle Processes

Ok this little bastard it taking up 99% of my CPU and causeing PS to run at 8.7 frames and below. I have cleaned off my computer with spybot and PCCillin, both register no spyware/viruses. I tried a complete reboot and even did those xp tweeks that were posted here a couple of days ago.

So I ask all you guru's out there: What could possably be forcing System Idle Processes to be at 99% all the time?

EDIT: Forgot computer stats.

2.6c
asus p4p800
geforce 4 ti 4600
1 gig of kingston hyperx 3200
80 gig HD

Edit 2:

Ok so I actually did my own research this time and found out what I already knew: That microsoft is quite lexicanally retarded. What a dumb way to signal the % of avail resources.

So the new question is that with specs like tihs and everything on low why the hell am i getting low frames? I trun my virus scan off along with just about every other program before I play anything.

Last edited by _-Gunslinger-_; 2004-05-21 at 02:05 PM.
Old 2004-05-22, 06:23 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Cimota
Private

Kingston Hyperex

Hi mate,
When you bought your Kingston memeory modules,did you buy them at the same time ?
I have heard of a problem with different batches of the same Memory sticks causing this weird problem.

Also it could be a corrupt driver for some hardware you have installed causing it,
I would however recommend swapping your memory sticks around,ie just swap them over in the slots,see if that helps.
Old 2004-05-22, 08:02 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
TekDragon
Contributor

Download all the drivers for everything you got. Burn them on a CD. Then re-install WinXP and load all the drivers.

Don't forget to include DirectX 9.0a, Ad-Aware, Quicktime, Winzip, Java, and whatever else you deem essential.

This fixes everything. I recomend it since, for some reason, you were running your system without an updeated virus checker. Who knows how deeply screwed you are.

[EDIT] Fixed DX9.1 mistake. Wasn't focusing while typing and 9.1 just came to my head.

Last edited by TekDragon; 2004-05-22 at 10:24 AM.
Old 2004-05-22, 08:55 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

"system idle process" is definitely the biggest virus out there these days.

and yeah, let's have some more info for diagnosis
Old 2004-05-22, 10:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

Tek said somethinge that could realy help, although there is no DX9.1 just 9.0b, or if you get lucky and stumble across it 9.0c, some guy managed to rip it our of a beta XP SP2 release.

Make sure all your drivers are updated. It cold be that some transistors gave up the gost in your card for some reason too though that i think would result in crashes. Go into your driver settings and make sure AA&AF are all off too.

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-05-22, 11:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Fragmatic
I LIVE IN ENGLAND

It's perfectly normal for System Idle Process to be in the high numbers - it's the number of clock cycles that the computer is NOT using!
[Hezzy]: gg
Old 2004-05-24, 08:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
_-Gunslinger-_
First Sergeant

Im gonna do a reformat in a couple of weeks anyhow. And I was always running a updated virus scanner. Odly enough the problem is fixed once I die and respawn in a base or tower, but not ams.
  PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > Tech Forum