SA troubles - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Go away.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-06-04, 09:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
Keebler
Private

SA troubles

Ok, so I'm just chillin at cysorr, and as usual, I'm SA so I have a good bit of grief. Suddenly, a few people stepping infront of me later, I have 1008 grief. Now, no ill will was meant, it was actually all the blame goes to the people who step in front of me. Now I have to either log off or get my weapons locked. That doesn't seem fair to me... any tips on NOT getting 1000 grief?
Old 2004-06-04, 09:47 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Sputty
Banned

there's no way you can get 1000 grief quickly. You had to have had at least 800 or so
Stop using SA, or be more careful
Old 2004-06-04, 09:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

You know, I've used all the "Grief Magnets" (pre-nerf Pounder, Thumper Plasma grenades, Maelstrom) and not ONCE have I weapon locked. I really don't see the problem, as long as you're careful.
Old 2004-06-04, 11:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Keebler
Private

Sputty, what hapens is when you hit people repeatedly you get more and more greif. I was set up at a backdoor and people would run by and run into the VS, so I had no choice but to shoot, I shot frag, 2 sec fused nades, and yes, I hit him. Between that and people stepping infront of me, I got lotsa grief. The shot that put me over was a gauss shot, where, you guessed it, someone walked infront of me....
Old 2004-06-04, 11:20 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Learn to aim and use third-person to watch for dumbasses trying to pass in traffic.
Old 2004-06-04, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

being a good soldier isn't about killing the enemy
Old 2004-06-04, 11:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Firefly
Contributor
Major General

Originally Posted by martyr
being a good soldier isn't about killing the enemy
It's about crushing the enemy, see him driven before you, and hearing the lamentation of his womens.
Old 2004-06-05, 12:43 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Phaden
Contributor
Major

I have SA for almost a year now and use the rocket rifle almost exclusively. I have never gotten abouve 200 grief, EVAR. Just choose your targets, skirmish more one on one and you will win alot more than lose if you know what your doin. Dont spam down stairways just cause everyone else is too. USe teh thumpar for over the wall action against defenders, or attackers. Rocklet for everything!!! You can go toe to toe in rexo against a chaingun or lasher and win!!!! It seriously is good stuff. Just think before unleashing major spammage.
Old 2004-06-05, 01:21 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Keebler
Ok, so I'm just chillin at cysorr, and as usual, I'm SA so I have a good bit of grief. Suddenly, a few people stepping infront of me later, I have 1008 grief. Now, no ill will was meant, it was actually all the blame goes to the people who step in front of me. Now I have to either log off or get my weapons locked. That doesn't seem fair to me... any tips on NOT getting 1000 grief?
Tips? Aim. Make sure you're shooting enemies. If you are unable to identify whether it's enemy or friendly, do not fire at it.

If you are unable to do this, get a different weapon.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-06-05, 04:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Sputty
Banned

If you're getting a lot of grief get AV or HA. That's all I can say. SA is just that, special, it's dangerous, but can be extremely effective at the same time. Highly organised outfits make the best use of it, so you should consider joining one, so that less allies with run in front of you.
Old 2004-06-05, 10:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by Firefly
It's about crushing the enemy, see him driven before you, and hearing the lamentation of his womens.

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-06-05, 10:40 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
Brigadier General

Misc Info

I don't know how people get 1000 grief. I've played since June 20th last year and I've tried every single cert out and had it for at least a week including SA and the Pounder (which used to be known for grief) and I have never had more than 200 grief at any time.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion