The new AMS is great but... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Pics or it never happened.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-06-05, 06:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

The new AMS is great but...

Having it in a "locked" vehicle status does not prevent any certed driver from taking your AMS!

90% of the effectiveness of an AMS is proper placement... and any n00b can get in and drive off with your AMS!

I hope this get's fixed soon!
Old 2004-06-05, 08:06 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

? If you lock it no one can use it unless you are LD.

And if you didn't lock it, only Certified AMS troopers can drive it, not just any "n00b"

I don't see a problem here.

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-06-05, 08:24 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
? If you lock it no one can use it unless you are LD.

And if you didn't lock it, only Certified AMS troopers can drive it, not just any "n00b"

I don't see a problem here.
The problem is:

1. If it's locked anyone can still get in. I know what it's supposed to do when locked. The problem is the lock does NOT work.

2. As I said any n00b with an AMS cert can get in and "poof" there go your squad binds if you made them and Mr. n00b can now drive towards the enemy armor zerg.
Old 2004-06-05, 08:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by BadAsh
The problem is:

1. If it's locked anyone can still get in. I know what it's supposed to do when locked. The problem is the lock does NOT work.

2. As I said any n00b with an AMS cert can get in and "poof" there go your squad binds if you made them and Mr. n00b can now drive towards the enemy armor zerg.
Well i suppose problem 1 is a bug.

It needs to be rectified.
I agree with you there.

As for problem 2

Its just about experience.
I hate when people are always crying "n00b"
In fact we are all "n00b" we are always learning.
Things happen, we learn.

The fact that #2 won't be a problem if problem #1 is solved is all that matters.

so hopefully you have informed the dev's and it will be sorted out in the next patch, ok?

I love you, You love me, Lets go kill those dammn NC's With their jackhammer shotguns, And their Phoenix Missiles too, and make them wish they were barney's too.
Old 2004-06-05, 09:36 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Doppler
Contributor
Major

This bug is quite embarrasing (or should be) considering this was a much lamented problem with the Mk 1 AMS on roll out.
Old 2004-06-06, 01:56 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
NoSurrender
Contributor
Colonel

also the new ams is quite impossible to hack in a full zerg type thing.

Thanks to Eine for my awesome sig
Old 2004-06-06, 04:53 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by NoSurrender
also the new ams is quite impossible to hack in a full zerg type thing.
That happened once they changed spawning from the tubes to random... there is no safe place to try and hack. Your best bet being the front bumper, but always someone spawns there.

Looks like zerg AMS busting has been left to the 1,000+ CR5s running around. I usually see 5-7 OS's every seige now. No need to hack when every other player can instagib the AMS and everyone near it.

Also, I've noticed Flail usage had gone up exponentially with the cavern lock benefits. Every fewl and his slow cousin uses one now and many nice smaller skirmishes has been ruined by one short range tower or CY flail spamming.

So see there is no need for skill or tactics. Don't waste time hacking, go for the easy mass gibbing.
Old 2004-06-06, 09:19 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

Doesn't stop Infils from telling those CR4s and 5s where the AMS is, either in squad with a waypoint or with the new gridlines.
Old 2004-06-06, 08:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
KIAsan
First Sergeant

Yeah, this bug bit us hard last Friday. Parked a lodestar in our ams bubble, went off to war. Some fool jumped in the thing and left it uncloaked. By the time our AMS driver managed to change armor and make it back to the ams, the enemy had reduced our lode to rubble. Oh well, until they fix it, AMS drivers will probably need to stay in the drivers seat.

If it's not nailed down, it's mine. If I can pry it up, it's not nailed down.
Old 2004-06-07, 03:22 AM   [Ignore Me] #10
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

Originally Posted by KIAsan
Some fool jumped in the thing and left it uncloaked
mmm?

How can they deploy the AMS without it cloaking?! Surely they didn't undeploy the AMS, how were they going to access the terminals....? no one is that stupid.....or are they?

Old 2004-06-07, 04:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #11
Stellerence
Private

I still keep running round the back and deconstructing
Old 2004-06-07, 06:50 AM   [Ignore Me] #12
BadAsh
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
mmm?

How can they deploy the AMS without it cloaking?! Surely they didn't undeploy the AMS, how were they going to access the terminals....? no one is that stupid.....or are they?
He means that someone got in, undeployed the AMS, and then got back out leaving it sit there. And YES people can be that stupid. I call them "n00bs" but you seem to take offense to that word.

My 1st experience of this problem was when I had my squad bind to my AMS. I then drove my AMS into a cavern with the intention to determine the enemy threat and have my squad deconstruct and spawn at the bound AMS if I needed help locking the cavern.

I check troop totals and we have 4 guys (including myself) and there are 9 enemies. So I park my AMS out of the way near a green neutral structure. This way visibility from any of the enemy held bases is blocked by the structure and seeing people come from that area won't be immediately strange as the neutral structures have equipment terminals usable by all. This trick won't last forever of course but should buy us time to hack a base.

Anyway, I call for reinforcements and about half my squad makes it down there when one of the 3 other random goobers down there dies and respawns at the AMS. I watched him jump into the drivers seat and drive off a ledge destroying the AMS. The instant he jumped in the vehicle "ownership" changed hands and the binds were lost complete with a notification.

Not only did this leave half my squad on the surface, but the loss of the AMS cost us out ONLY spawn in the caverns. The enemy was just about to have a full lock when I arrived... and now they had it with ease.

Sorry if this offends... but there are just fuckin n00bs in the game who manage to achieve the monumentally asinine. Tanking a strategic AMS at the wrong time falls into this category as does other stupidity like blowing the generator on a hacked base with 0 live enemies in the SOI. PS has no shortage of idiots or the "competency challenged" or whatever politically correct term does not offend.
Old 2004-06-07, 11:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #13
Onizuka-GTO
Lieutenant Colonel

oh well,

stupidity is fine, if the only casualty is themselves. But when it cost the lives of others, that is quite unforgivable. I feel for you Badash. Just remember to jotdown their names for future reference to be "named & shamed" on global next time.

Last edited by Onizuka-GTO; 2004-06-07 at 11:30 AM.
Old 2004-06-07, 11:36 AM   [Ignore Me] #14
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

you can deploy the ams without getting out now? that's pretty cool
Old 2004-06-07, 12:01 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Indecisive
Major General

It really needs to have a button outside AS WELL as inside

Now cloakers without the ams cert cant even attempt to use it as a spawn intill the previous owners come back to make it explode.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion