Infiltration Movement Questions... - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: P**** S***s UNITE!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-06-18, 05:05 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MajorTom
Private

Infiltration Movement Questions...

As an infiltrator, whenever I crouch walk in third person I can't see any shimmer at all. I have tried in every lighting and backround situation, and I see no shimmer when crouch walking. I was under the impression that you shimmered a little when crouch walking, but even the little detection thing in the bottom right shows no level of detection while crouch walking. So whats the deal?

Also, whenever I have a grenade, and I click and hold to prepare the grenade to fire, and I go to third person, I once again don't shimmer, until I actually throw the grenade.

Is this just client side, or can nobody else see me when I do these things?
Old 2004-06-18, 05:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Indecisive
Major General

Infils are always ghost like for me when they are performing actions.

The "visable" bar thing is a busted POS. It dosent work.
Old 2004-06-18, 05:37 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
MajorTom
Private

Originally Posted by Gohan
Infils are always ghost like for me when they are performing actions.

The "visable" bar thing is a busted POS. It dosent work.
I know not to trust the detection bar, but even when going to third person, I can't see my avatar go all ghostie. I can see him go ghosty when I move (without crouching), hacking, fire weapons, and when I actually throw the grenade, but not when I am holding the mose button to get ready to throw or when crouch walking...

Maybe I should just get some one in game to do it, but I have no outfit and the people in NC seem a little less then helpfull...
Old 2004-06-18, 06:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
scarpas
Captain

its hard to see a croutch walking infil, but it can be done.

i get my infil kills by just shooting where they would be, or just bumping into them.

PS: if the enemy turns on dl, uncloak, you wont stand out as much.
Old 2004-06-18, 07:38 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
MajorTom
Private

Originally Posted by scarpas
its hard to see a croutch walking infil, but it can be done.

i get my infil kills by just shooting where they would be, or just bumping into them.

PS: if the enemy turns on dl, uncloak, you wont stand out as much.
Hehehe, I found that out just a second ago.

NC had one base right in the middle of a bunch of vs bases. I spent the entire time flying around to the different bases we had links with hacking the CC and then blowing the gen.

Well, I was in a bio lab, set up my boomers in the gen, and went to go hack. Hacked the CC, went into the gen and tossed in a boomer. Right after that happened 2 guy came in looking for me, both with darklight on. I ran right by one of them, uncloaked, and he just kept searching the gen room. I guess he was expecting me to be lit up.

As I left, I made sure to spam "your best is my worst"

I really am getting to love the new infiltrator style. My kill/death ratio sucks, but I take more enemies out of the fight just by strategic hit and run tactics. For some reason people see an infiltrator, or signs there of, they don't want to do anything until they get em.
Old 2004-06-18, 10:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Toneball

I understand what you are saying about not getting the "shimmer" when croutch walking, I don't really either, unless I look real carefully. Honestly, I don't see it as a problem, if it's a bug, I'm sure it'll get fixed sometime soon, if not, use it to your advantage. Also, the whole grenade thing, while you are holding left click, you aren't doing any action other than holding a grenade up, you shouldn't be visible untill you actually throw the grenade.

And the whole uncloak in the presence of DLV users, not recommended unless ALL the enemys are using DLV. No use giving yourself away to 5 guys when only 1 has DLV

Old 2004-06-19, 12:35 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
MajorTom
Private

Originally Posted by Toneball
I understand what you are saying about not getting the "shimmer" when croutch walking, I don't really either, unless I look real carefully. Honestly, I don't see it as a problem, if it's a bug, I'm sure it'll get fixed sometime soon, if not, use it to your advantage. Also, the whole grenade thing, while you are holding left click, you aren't doing any action other than holding a grenade up, you shouldn't be visible untill you actually throw the grenade.

And the whole uncloak in the presence of DLV users, not recommended unless ALL the enemys are using DLV. No use giving yourself away to 5 guys when only 1 has DLV
Yeah, I did that the first time I heard of that tactic. To my defence, the other guy was in the next room that I ran into...
Old 2004-06-19, 01:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
scarpas
Captain

Originally Posted by Toneball

if your a cloaker around 5 enemys your aready dead.

btw for your sig tom, add empire and server.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion