Pilot Ethics - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Now with no meat filling for vegetarians!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-07-23, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
KeviN
First Sergeant

Pilot Ethics

/rant on

Okay, I'm getting tired of pilots (reavers especially) just bailing or after burning straight to a base every time they get below half health. If you certed in Air Cav, you should expect to dogfight some, not just use your rocket spam on helpless softies. Personally, I wont bail if I get taken down in 1v1 or 2v1, but if I'm getting nailed by AA too, I will.

If you shoot me down, you have outskilled me, and deserve the experience, and I expect the same back. Anyways, you'll never get any better as a pilot if you just bail any time you're in danger.

/rant off

PS: Reaver rocket spam damage on infantry needs to be nerfed greatly, I think this would really help the problem.
Old 2004-07-23, 06:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
ObnoxiousFrog
Brigadier General

If I'm going down (meaning the vehicle locks up and starts to rocket into the ground) I'm going to try and bail. If they kill me while I'm going down or after I hit the ground, they win. If I manage to evade them, I win. It's pretty fair to me.

Old 2004-07-23, 06:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

I think they should get xp when they make a vehicle "lock up", since they *did* destroy the vehicle, after all. Then if the pilot bails, they can kill him on the ground, and if he doesn't, they get the XP when it blows up.

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-07-23, 07:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
DeltaForceAlpha
Corporal

Yea, those are some good points. I tend to go as long as I can, but if I'm wearing an infiltration suit I try to bail into cover (trees) and sneak away.
Old 2004-07-23, 07:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
AztecWarrior
Lightbulb Collector

I only eject when I'm about to lose control or already have. Doesn't matter who's shooting at me. One point: I'm tired of the guy just jumping out slow as hell so I die. I want ejection seats.
The gun katas. Through analysis of thousands of recorded gunfights, the Cleric has determined that the geometric distribution of antagonists in any gun battle is a statistically predictable element. The gun kata treats the gun as a total weapon, each fluid position representing a maximum kill zone, inflicting maximum damage on the maximum number of opponents while keeping the defender clear of the statistically traditional trajectories of return fire. By the rote mastery of this art, your firing efficiency will rise by no less than 120%. The difference of a 63% increase to lethal proficiency makes the master of the gun katas an adversary not to be taken lightly.
Old 2004-07-23, 07:43 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

I think he means ppl like NVSniper who eject the moment someone hits them, fatal or not.

I dont think you should even get to bail unless its out of control.

Old 2004-07-23, 07:52 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
JakeLogan
Major

Well when I fly it's usually a Lib, I only fly with a full crew if they are my outfit mates. When flying a bomber it's essential to have TS the bombadier can give you directions on whether to strafe left or right.I refuse to fly with a bomber and no tailgunner because then they are flat out targets for other aircraft. If I go solo I usually stick low to the ground so I provide less of a target. if I can only get a tailgunner same thing only now we have more strafing ability after I make my pass with the 35 he can do some damage with the 25. Then with the full crew I usually fly at mid altitude I find it easier to lose lock from AA maxs that way just drop to the ground and find some cover. but the whole bailing thing is kinda hard to do at low alititude.
Old 2004-07-23, 08:57 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
I Hate Pants
General

I think that if you fly a Mosquito and use it to bail out once you get above a tower or a base that you should die once you hit the ground.

I also think Reavers should blow up everytime you lock onto infantry for more than 2 seconds. After the reaver blows up, a searing hot burn sensastion runs through the cord of your mouse seriously scolding your right hand. Afterwards on your montior it says in big bold letters that "you have no skills because you certed with reaver just to gain easy kills."

Last edited by I Hate Pants; 2004-07-23 at 09:07 PM.
Old 2004-07-23, 09:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
JetRaiden
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

I hate dogfighting 1v1 because the piloting system is so limited that its just 2 people trying to out-circle eachother.
Old 2004-07-23, 09:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Peacemaker
Contributor
Major General

certed and using a reaver does not mean you have no skills. It takes a HUGE amount of skill and probably is the hardest thing to do in game if your a pilot flying through AA infested Zerg battles. Dodging and destroying 5 Vanu AA maxs and a skyguard is not skill less.
Old 2004-07-23, 10:18 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Baneblade
Contributor
Lieutenant General

My Reaver only kills infantry that shoot it first. Or when they are too close to something else Im shooting at.

I really like shooting down Mosquitos with it

Old 2004-07-23, 10:49 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
ORANGE
First Lieutenant

Originally Posted by Peacemaker
certed and using a reaver does not mean you have no skills. It takes a HUGE amount of skill and probably is the hardest thing to do in game if your a pilot flying through AA infested Zerg battles. Dodging and destroying 5 Vanu AA maxs and a skyguard is not skill less.
Peace actually took out so many NC AA maxes with his reaver one night he got a tell saying a CR5 had put a bounty on his head of some sort

oh yeah I have no problem rocket spamming infantry if there is no enemy air around and even if there is and it is more important to keep the infantry from zerging into a tower for example I have no problem with it, however if you want a dedicated anti-infantry anti-tank air vehicle get in a libby and load up all 35s with a coupla boxes of the rear gunner ammo and go blow shit up if you are flying a mossie I expect you to be taking out enemy air not chasing a single infantry guy halfway across the damn cont and if your in the air and you see a friendly getting anally raped by a group of enemy air don't run away push in and mix it up a bit, ok off to bed now
Old 2004-07-23, 10:58 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
martyr
Contributor
Brigadier General

Misc Info

pilot ethics:

i attack aircraft in my aircraft to minimize the threat to my outfit's and empire's soldiers, as aircraft pose a much greater threat than one single infantry in agile or worse.

if i've destroyed the aircraft, my mission has been successful. if they bail, good for them, they're lasher fodder - but no longer my concern, because i am a pilot.

i won't shoot at them after they've bailed, either in the air or on the ground, unless they pull out a phoenix or striker and further endanger myself or my airborne comrades.
Old 2004-07-23, 11:22 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
SuperSixOne
Private

If you manage to shoot me down in a fair (full armor vs. fullarmor fight) ill let you get the XP and more imporatnly the kill. If i got shot to shit by an AA max or striker fire im bailing if its convinent for me because you did no work you simply ganked the kill from someone else. If its ANY FORM OF AA i will bail if possibly because AA is cheap and fairly skillless. Only time ill bail in a fair fight would be if my main intention was to get on a tower... or something like that. Regardless if i get on the ground ill try to anoy you on the ground by shooting at you with my jackhammer but ill never kill myself with grenades or something of that sorts. (even tho i do cary 2jammers and 1plasma in my loadout)
Old 2004-07-24, 12:28 AM   [Ignore Me] #15
Sploogey
Corporal

yah im tired of reavers spamming 16-32 rockets to kill 1 agil exo
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion