Complicated Game - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Just Play it
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-07-24, 08:57 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
ALIG
Private

Complicated Game

What really bugs me about planetside when a complete blockhead walks in front of your fire, and you get penalized. I think they should get Penalized too.
Old 2004-07-24, 09:01 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
ICha0sI
Corporal

Well if thats the only reason you think this game is complicated..I can't help you. Well, Just dont shoot when you see somone walk infront of you? or form a squad with some nice guys.
Old 2004-07-24, 09:05 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
Spee
Colonel

They should also be able to perceive everything in a 360 degree radius around them. Mayb you should also learn to watch friendlies when youre firing.
Old 2004-07-24, 09:06 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

Well if they gave grief points to the retard for walking in front of your fire, then people could go running all over the place shooting at friendlies and giving THEM grief. Thats the whole point of why that's there, to prevent that. Its annoying when someone walks in front of you, but they suffer by getting their health destroyed. Serves 'em right. If you are careful you won't ever get enough grief to have any actions taken against you. I've been playing for over a year and I've never got weapons lock or any other grief penalties.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2004-07-24, 09:07 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
ChewyLSB
Major

Misc Info

On the other side of the coin, you've probably walked in front of other people's fire, and didn't realize it. I know I have a couple of times.
Old 2004-07-24, 09:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
Electrofreak
Contributor
Major General

what i hate is when a friendly cloaker walks in front of me while im snipering. since they are cloaked, I often don't see them (especially when thier name tag doesnt pop up :\ ) and I fire at something -BLAM- dead friendly cloaker at my feet. Then I get a hate tell from them indicating that its all somehow MY fault.

Support the use of a dynamic XP system in PlanetSide 2!
Old 2004-07-24, 09:29 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
Rbstr
Contributor
Lieutenant General

Misc Info

yeha that is very annoying

All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others.
Old 2004-07-24, 09:31 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Cauldron Borne
Captain

My favorite is when I'm locked down in a max BLAZING away at a door (obvious..it has to be...it's the biggest fire cone in the game)....and someone walks in front of me. Now, I am NOT going to stop just because someone walked in front of me. So they become mince meat along with the 20+ vanu trying to push through that door.

My least favorite way to die: Getting run over because I cloak... I am walking through the trees and all of a sudden a tank comes from behind and runs me over....i send em a tell, and they tell me i'm a dumbass for walking in the middle of a road. Forrest...road...forrest...road.... The road was 70m to my left....

^^But that was justified: The reason i was in that forrest was to hunt down NC pheonix snipers. That tank walked right into his own death....made me happy...

SPAM SONG! (Yes, it DOES exist kiddies.)
Old 2004-07-24, 11:12 AM   [Ignore Me] #9
Batousai
Staff Sergeant

I only got weapons lock one time and thats when i got a MAX (sparrow) for the first time and went buck wild with it.
Old 2004-07-24, 12:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Sputty
Banned

The only occasional TK is bound to happen, and if it is by accident and you kn ow what you're doing it won't create much of a problem
Old 2004-07-24, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Sentrosi
Contributor
General

Yeah, I've given up on holding my fire when an friendly walks in front of me. If I stop firing, the enemy has a chance to kill, not only me, but one of my squad mates. My outfit guys know that I do it only for the good of the Republic.

Besides, you've got 1000 Grief points to work with!

To the next idiot who says the PS2 Devs do not listen: See this Thread
Old 2004-07-24, 12:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
Brigadier General

Misc Info

If someone keeps walking in front of your fire just keep firing they'll either move away or die both of them will be ok. Also don't worry about 25 or whatever grief it takes 1000 before you get a wep lock.
Old 2004-07-24, 01:07 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Dharkbayne
Lieutenant General

Originally Posted by Sentrosi
Yeah, I've given up on holding my fire when an friendly walks in front of me. If I stop firing, the enemy has a chance to kill, not only me, but one of my squad mates. My outfit guys know that I do it only for the good of the Republic.

Besides, you've got 1000 Grief points to work with!
1004. At 1005 you get 3 minute weapons lock. I found that out on test server (THanks Fragmatic, )

+200 Cool Pts
Old 2004-07-24, 08:39 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
Shalashaska
Corporal

Originally Posted by Electrofreak
what i hate is when a friendly cloaker walks in front of me while im snipering. since they are cloaked, I often don't see them (especially when thier name tag doesnt pop up :\ ) and I fire at something -BLAM- dead friendly cloaker at my feet. Then I get a hate tell from them indicating that its all somehow MY fault.
Its also annoying when your destroying enemy tubes and a friendly cloaker crouches right in front of 'em trying to get cheap kills with their little AMPs and then they wonder why they get tk'ed.
Old 2004-07-25, 01:28 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
scarpas
Captain

Originally Posted by Spee
Mayb you should also learn to watch friendlies when youre firing.

"Its also annoying when your destroying enemy tubes and a friendly cloaker crouches right in front of 'em trying to get cheap kills with their little AMPs and then they wonder why they get tk'ed." (from the previous post)

how many times has that happened to you?

Last edited by scarpas; 2004-07-25 at 01:32 PM.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion