Old 2003-02-09, 03:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Why I love PSU

MrVicchio
Station Member

posted 02-01-2003 07:54 AM user search report post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My famlies Prayers are with them at this time of National, and for some, very personal tradgedy.

SOMiniwolf
Station Member
Registered: Dec 2002 posted 02-01-2003 08:39 AM user search report post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yes all my prays will go out to them and there friends and familys

NPRA
Station Member
Registered: Aug 2002 posted 02-01-2003 09:02 AM user search report post
This is INTERNational, Vicchio. One of the crew members was an Israeli Military Colonel.

MrVicchio
Station Member

posted 02-01-2003 09:29 AM user search report post
NPRA Yes, and one was from INDIA, and since I am an American, and there were 5 Americans on board the American Shuttle.. This is the second Shuttle we have lost. I didn't intend to slight those from other places..

ASBands
Station Member

posted 02-01-2003 09:50 AM user search report post
Weren't there 6 Americans and 1 Israeli?

MrVicchio
Station Member

posted 02-01-2003 10:00 AM user search report post
One of the gals was from India, but an american citizen...

KiLLaZLuV
Station Member
Registered: Feb 2003 posted 02-07-2003 03:48 AM user search report post
One things guys. ar u all planetside players? i can't wait for that game to come out, but it suxs u have to pay every month. they shouldn't done dat. if they didnt' do dat, with everything i got, PlanetSide would be the best game i ever played in my entire life!!!!!!

rnvader
Station Member

posted 02-07-2003 06:58 AM user search report post
Killa I think your off topic. It's not appropriate when someone (mrvicchio) payed a very personal tribute to fallen hero's.
Make another string and the community will answer your questions.

MrVicchio
Station Member

posted 02-08-2003 05:59 AM user search report post
Sigh....

metacom2
Station Member
Registered: Nov 2000 posted 02-08-2003 11:01 AM user search report post
yah do sigh b.c your being a hypocrit...
I dont see you "sighing" for the thousands of other people being killed everyday, even slower and worse deaths than these astronauts.

PeteKill3203
Station Member

posted 02-08-2003 02:21 PM user search report post
^agrt. do you pray for everone that dies in car crashes or gun violence or starvation or dehydration or malaria or AIDS or E. Coli or doctor malpractice or mad cow disease or foot and mouth disease or west nile virus or anthrax or smallpox or cyanide or snakebites or heart attacks or stroke or mercury poisioning or stabbings or alzheimers or lou gherig's disease or downs syndrome or cerebral palsy or multiple sclerosis or vulvovaginal candidiasis or fistfights or driveby shootings or arson or homocide or genocide or herpes or zygomycosis or anything else do you?
thats what i thought.

(i thought of most of those myself, with a little help from here: http://www.mic.ki.se/Diseases/alphalist.html

raneados
Station Member

posted 02-08-2003 03:46 PM user search report post
Yes.. bad thing happened.. 7 people died...
But when I saw it, I gave an overwhelming "oh...ah well"

I know I must seem like an uncaring bastard to some of you... but frankly..Plain and simple without an sugar coating at all... I don't pray for anyone else in te world and I'm not going to start with them...

To me, people die.. it happens... I don't really care.

Sure it's not a cause for a celebration... but I can't do squat about it... not that I would.

I'm aware that I will probably get flamed for this post but go ahead and flame... if that's how you feel you need to vent, then do it...

peace.

rnvader
Station Member

posted 02-08-2003 04:21 PM user search report post
I think there is a huge difference. We lost the worlds most advanced space craft in history and 7 highly trained and special people.
Well you may not think much about what Nasa does but end the end it does effect us all for the positive.

MrVicchio
Station Member

posted 02-09-2003 01:18 PM user search report post
I pray for many things, but when a person, or persons RISK death to better the lives of everyone...
Life sux, we all know this. People are hurt, maimed and killed on a daily basis... but few people dedicate their lives to the pursuit of something bigger then themselves.

Space exploration, and the advances such bring to us here on earth is very important. It also is very dangerous. When people whom risk thier lives pay the ulitmate price, it gives one pause as to what and why they chose to risk all that.
Isn't that worth a moment of thankful prayer, for their souls, and more importantly, thier children?

All of this attacks and flames tlaking about the "Thousands of other" deaths in the world miss the point, and sadly, show the callous side of humanity, I pray for you.
Old 2003-02-09, 03:21 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Civilian
Contributor
Major

yah do sigh b.c your being a hypocrit...
I dont see you "sighing" for the thousands of other people being killed everyday
Word for word, this could be single least intelligent post I have ever seen on that board.
Old 2003-02-09, 03:23 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
�io
Lieutenant General

Meh, sadly it happends here too Vic. Just go look at the thread about the kid who ODed on the net. Apprently just because he wasn't in a space shuttle you can freely mock and ridicule him.

I still can't believe some people have the idiocy and disrespect to post stuff like that, you don't like someone making a thread about somebody's death? Fine the stfu and move on, don't bash the thread and make the death of someone(ANYONE) a sick joke.
Old 2003-02-09, 03:25 PM   [Ignore Me] #4
Sputty
Banned

That's very annoying. Firstly, it shows some people will whine about something off topic always, even when the topic is like that. Also shows that some people are generally asses
Old 2003-02-09, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
Strygun
Contributor
Major General

Aaaaaannnnnnd this is why I do not visit the Official Forums =)
Old 2003-02-09, 05:11 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
MrVicchio
Contributor
Major General

Yes, but as your friendly neighborhood Forum News Hound... fetching Dev posts and such.. I MUST go deep within the bowels of the Official Forums and deal with things that make a decent human shudder...
Old 2003-02-09, 05:15 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
Bighoss
General

I noticed that none of my quotes were in there I am offended in fact I'm gonna pull a George Bush if u don't love me u hate me
Old 2003-02-09, 05:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #8
Nohimn
Major

memorial threads ALWAYS go bad on forums.... it's a curse.

Old 2003-02-09, 05:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #9
TerraxNovae
Corporal

It helps to not have a soul Vic... lets you read through crap like that and not bat an eye...

My soul is safely in a numbered vault in Switzerland, where, when I am ready to die, I will retrieve it, and expose to it everything I have seen... and then promptly die from the shock...
Old 2003-02-09, 05:46 PM   [Ignore Me] #10
Bighoss
General

I'll sell mine for a cookie Interest rates are down
Old 2003-02-09, 06:27 PM   [Ignore Me] #11
Nohimn
Major

http://hell.com

Old 2003-02-09, 06:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #12
CyricMoonblade
Corporal

Originally posted by TerraxNovae

My soul is safely in a numbered vault in Switzerland, .....

Located at the national airport of Switzerland in locker #AF23 on the 3rd floor...

Bah i was going to go somewhere with that and it just died lol ahh well...

hey terra when you goin toget the member section done :-P

"We fight for freedom. Freedom from oppression, freedom from tyranny, freedom for our lives" - Fire Team Leader Cyricmoonblade
Old 2003-02-09, 06:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #13
Denali
Contributor
Second Lieutenant

Ugh, Vic, you're a brave, brave soul. I wandered into the official forums once...never ever again. I pray those people never find their way to PSU. Unless they donate. Lots.
Old 2003-02-09, 07:03 PM   [Ignore Me] #14
CyricMoonblade
Corporal

Some arn't that bad.... if you can look through all the BS that floats around and the repetitive topics... ughh... how many times can you try to argue which empire better, or aske about monthly prices, or rather anything not covered in the FAQ aghhh ppl

"We fight for freedom. Freedom from oppression, freedom from tyranny, freedom for our lives" - Fire Team Leader Cyricmoonblade
Old 2003-02-09, 07:33 PM   [Ignore Me] #15
Nohimn
Major

when the forums first openned, I complained here about how people don't read the faq. READ THE FUCKING FAQ!

PlanetSide Universe > General Forums > The Lounge