BRF Idea - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Mmm...Pudding.
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2004-10-27, 02:16 AM   [Ignore Me] #1
SecondRaven
Contributor
Major

BRF Idea

Well BRF's are live and I'm sure we have all got the chance to fight or or fight in one. BRF's can and I'm sure will be a good add on for planetside.

BRF facts

1. A BRF vs a BRF is not the most logical way to deal with BRF's

2. Ground pounders are the key to taking them out which im sure we all know (dessys and jammers up there ass)

But when get the big rush and you kill that one BRF that is right outside the front door just to see 15+ of his other BRF freinds come at you then you start to get a tad bit discourged.

My idea is to limit each empire to a certain ammount of BRF's per map

Idea2: (will most likely get shot down) Only allow empires to get a BRF if they have a frendly link to a cavern and only able to get them at that freindly base.

My idea that i came up with at 3:12am....so taker easy on me

Last edited by SecondRaven; 2004-10-27 at 02:18 AM.
Old 2004-10-27, 03:09 AM   [Ignore Me] #2
Warborn
Contributor
Major General

Going to have to disagree with this. I absolutely do think this is one way to deal with it, but I know that if I were making the choices, I wouldn't be able to justify denying a player the ability to get a certain vehicle that he may be really fond of over something as arbitrary as population of that vehicle at a given time.
Old 2004-10-27, 03:11 AM   [Ignore Me] #3
F!LTER
Private

I dont think we need to start limiting BFRs juts yet, just wait for the novelty to wear off (hopefully it will) and they will probabaly only be as plentiful as tanks.

Of course they can be manned by a single person so they could go the way of reavers and lightning tanks...
Old 2004-10-27, 03:34 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
KamiGaijin
Private

Still think they shouldn't be limited? There are 12 in this small area, and that's the ones I had direct LoS on. I organized my entire platoon to try and take these the way the Devs intended (Infantry ambush). We didn't even kill one.

If Infantry are supposed to be the Archielles heal on these, the Devs obviously haven't tried walking through this. Instagib.

RoninShogun: Go through the back door and attack their spawn tubes. If we're quick and aggressive, they'll be helpless.
KamiGaijin: Yes, because no one ever expects a sudden penetration of their rear and assault on the reproductive area.
Old 2004-10-27, 04:03 AM   [Ignore Me] #5
I Hate Pants
General

I'd like to hear more about these BRF's. Are they like the BFR's?
Old 2004-10-27, 06:33 AM   [Ignore Me] #6
cryoslayer
Private

Decrease Shield Recharge Rate

thats the answer I think, decrese the shiled rate of the BFR's look at this post and consider what he says before responding to my idea, hes got a good point on this post http://www.planetside-universe.com/f...ad.php?t=26784 "Invincible Shields: the game-breaking feature of the current BFRs. Constructive post"
Old 2004-10-27, 09:18 AM   [Ignore Me] #7
SquishyWaffle
Private

A lot of these groups of 12 or so BFRs are outfits who are testing things out as a group and trying to really smack people around. This is doubly true for the ones who utilize TS heavily. If you notice a flock that always seems to travel around, then you're probably dealing with an organized outfit.

I would have to agree that the novelty will wear off as nerfs are added and the normal PS activity resumes. I forsee a shield nerf sometime in the near future.
Old 2004-10-27, 09:27 AM   [Ignore Me] #8
Hezzy
Contributor
General

I'd get in stealth, Jammer them, and then get a squad of Libs to go in and mop up.
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion