Subscription Fee - PlanetSide Universe
PSU Social Facebook Twitter Twitter YouTube Steam TwitchTV
PlanetSide Universe
PSU: Bad Llama!
Home Forum Chat Wiki Social AGN PS2 Stats
Notices
Go Back   PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion

Old 2005-02-20, 03:16 PM   [Ignore Me] #1
PalpatineTDO
Private

Subscription Fee

Hey there,

One of my friends is trying to convince me to buy PlanetSide, which I was planning on getting for release, but decided not to...

Anyway, the only thing putting me off PS right now is the monthly subscription fee, anyway, my question.

How much is the monthly subscription? The PS site says $12.99 PM, but I live in the UK. I ran that through a currency converter and thats a nice little �6 fee. But, my friend told me (although he said he wasn't sure) that they charge 12.99 no matter what the currency, so �12.99.

Which is it? �6 odd or �12.99?

Please don't say �12.99. I'm 15, can't aford �12.99 a month, can manage �6 though.

Thanks for the help.

Oh, two more questions, will the game run fairly well on a Radeon 9200SE?

Last question, is there anyway to change my username here? I signed up here a very long time ago (When I was into Star Wars) and nowI'd give anything to change it. Well, maybe not anything but you get what I'm saying.

Thanks,

- Tom

- Thomas
Old 2005-02-20, 03:45 PM   [Ignore Me] #2
Lartnev
Contributor
Brigadier General

I always get billed in dollers, which gets converted into pounds, so you should only have to pay �6-7.
Old 2005-02-20, 03:53 PM   [Ignore Me] #3
PalpatineTDO
Private

That's a great help, thanks. I was almost praying that is wasn't going to be �12.99, that would be a rip off (Considering Americans only have to pay roughly half as much).

Anyway, reading some topics in the Tech forum (Come to think of it this is more of a question for that forum, but, eh, while I'm here) it seems the 256mb of ram minimum that the PS site states is required is not accurate, and that 512mb should be used.

I'm kind of stretched for cash right now, got just over �100, I need to buy a new mobo, a new CPU and some RAM.

This is what I've chosen, the cheapest I could find. Will the RAM be ok?

By 'ok' I mean will I actually be able to play the game at an enjoyable level. I don't think my Internet connection is going to be an issue, being on a 1meg, and although I doubt I'll be able to get top graphic settings on an Radeon 9200SE but the RAM is really botering me.

Kingston 256MB DDR PC3200 400MHz 184pin CL3 Memory Module

AMD Sempron 2200+ (SDA2200DUT3D) Processor Skt A 256cache 333fsb - OEM CPU

PcChips M848ALU SKT A SIS 748 400 DDR AGPx8 ATA133 6CH Sound/lAN/USB 2.0 will Take Upto a 3.2+ AMD Athlon XP And Sempron CPU's Retail Box

- Thomas
Old 2005-02-21, 03:51 AM   [Ignore Me] #4
hazzer2007
Sergeant Major

I got billed �6 (partents paied for it on their credit card)

It may look like the problem with MMO games is the subscription, but thats gives you alot of incurence that the server will be up and running nearly all the time (i've only seen a server shutdown 1 every 5 months) + all the extras like the new patches and vechs (BFR's) + games (monolith runs, etc)

So it may look like the downfall, but its not really. OR you could by the game cards for 30, 60 or 90 days (etc) and they have a small discount

edit - graphics cards are not a mager problem (aslong as you like realy low graphics), the main problem is ram, need over 512mb to play with exseptible lag, (most people aim for 1G or ram)

Last edited by hazzer2007; 2005-02-21 at 03:55 AM.
Old 2005-02-21, 02:54 PM   [Ignore Me] #5
PalpatineTDO
Private

Okay...

First, really low graphics? I know the 9200SE is old, but it plays Halo with no problems, not exactly a high end game (graphicaly) but I'm sure it could handle PS. I know I'm more than likely wrong here but could you please fill me in on why I'd have really bad graphics.

And the maximum (Edit: did say MINimum) I can afford is 512mb, at a stretch. Just means I won't have much left over for the monthly subscription... Including the free 30days that comes with the game I can get an additional month... Ah well, I'll sort something out I'm sure.

I can't wait to get into my Galaxy!

I decided my first certs are Air Support and Medium Assault.

Also, what cert do I need to repair vehicles, Engineering or Combat Engineering?

- Thomas

Last edited by PalpatineTDO; 2005-02-21 at 04:55 PM.
Old 2005-02-21, 06:00 PM   [Ignore Me] #6
Mag-Mower
General

Misc Info

hehe... i always get charge $16.00. Oh Canada!
Old 2005-02-22, 01:32 PM   [Ignore Me] #7
hazzer2007
Sergeant Major

Also, what cert do I need to repair vehicles, Engineering or Combat Engineering?
only need engineering. Combat Engineering gives you mines and spitfire turrets
  PlanetSide Universe > PlanetSide Discussions > PlanetSide 1 Discussion